Hi-Fi 4 Sale - Malaysia / Singapore Audio Forum & Marketplace | www.hifi4sale.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

440Hz.my - expanding musical horizons
Subscribe to our Feed
addtomyyahoo4 Subscribe with BloglinesAdd to netvibes
Add to Google

Known or Suspected Fraudsters/Con-Artists in the Hi-Fi Marketplace - Please Report Here

+69
Firebirdslinger
Zen|th
Gilbert67
waters
kolabear
cyh
flatliner2009
flo1984
jaar
Hifi Freak
AustinHeights
kjagan
Ryanz
jakecmy
chrischin
cshoes
andlee2k
khthen
gettindirty
Mian
iwing88
mike67
AwesomeSound
geraldsaw
chiangeg
edddddy21
JSoo1
affirm
cyl1000
cmboy
Long
Enjoy the music
elhefe
chewkwokhon
WongKN
RadiancE
chung
wmw4500
Shamjohor
bassraptor
uncle_vic
hazy
kancan
adcomer
hijau
hangleng
mofaz
sph
zeebee
Hi-Fi 4 Sale
gloraglory
ahchee99
fizi
is_jalil
hoyhoysum
ongaaron
drife
Edwin Chen
arremie
CT-Boy
boxer
chrishlh
Michaelyong
wingman
azri
yoyoma
ryder
mantitan
CLH
73 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Known or Suspected Fraudsters/Con-Artists in the Hi-Fi Marketplace - Please Report Here - Page 2 Empty Re: Known or Suspected Fraudsters/Con-Artists in the Hi-Fi Marketplace - Please Report Here

Post by hazy Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:01 pm

this is easy money to get . fake and scam . beware

Last edited by hazy on Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
hazy
hazy
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 541
Registration date : 2009-03-04

Back to top Go down

Known or Suspected Fraudsters/Con-Artists in the Hi-Fi Marketplace - Please Report Here - Page 2 Empty Re: Known or Suspected Fraudsters/Con-Artists in the Hi-Fi Marketplace - Please Report Here

Post by gloraglory Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:14 pm

better cod
gloraglory
gloraglory
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 106
Registration date : 2010-04-04

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by wingman Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:23 am

Gloraglory...

Sorry for your financial loss. It's a bitter lesson...

For the matter it may not be a malaysian....had a similar experience as well.....in this case ...I was the seller.

Aparently, it was a person from the Afrikan continent.... very very persistent customer....the rest you can piece together....

One thing that stood out like a "sore thumb" of this whole saga was...the buyer was very very adamant to get my banking account details and all transcation has to be via email.

As you have said....COD is the best mode but at times it's just not convenient....

A word of advice... Keep a separate account ( not linked to you salaried account / savings ) for all your WEB activities. Even better would be with a different financial insituition.

I have sold a number of stuff...via mudah / Hifi4sale.....my condition is potential buyer to view the item, happy with the product and buyer pay's. End of the day it's a win win situation.

They are everywhere, comes in all shapes and sizes as well. What a Face santa flowerafro

cheers Very Happy
wingman
wingman
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 855
Registration date : 2009-08-10

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by uncle_vic Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:45 am

So far smaller items such as photographic lenses are ok, if meet up at Armcorp mall to do a COD transaction for Selangor and PJ/Shah Alam region. Can there and then look at the items b4 paying! Very Happy

uncle_vic
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 368
Registration date : 2009-09-07

Back to top Go down

Post by bassraptor Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:11 am

Be careful of sellers spamming the classifieds with handphone deals. Gut feeling is that it's a scam.

bassraptor
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1237
Registration date : 2009-01-17

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

http://www.audiofi.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Shamjohor Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:26 am

Be cheater is not the way to be rich, but be honest is the right way to "rich".
cheers

Shamjohor
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 103
Registration date : 2010-07-20

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by adcomer Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:54 am

Guys,

Today I just crank up the volume of my amp to insane level, just to release my frustration. Suddenly I realized that my system is good already. Why am I keep searching for newer gears etc, wake up in the morning before brush my teeth, open hifi4sale first and mudah.my after that just to be fooled by the ingenious culprit alias scammer alias big cheater. maybe because my speaker is just an unknown brand from China, cheap china made cables and not high end cdp and amp. I want to have a gears that is well known, branded, considered hi-end. Lastly it does not matter at all. If the sound is good and can live with it, just maintain it. I am talking to myself right now. So life will go on, the money is lost already, the culprit is surely smiling and spending my hard earned money at his will. Congratulation MR SCAMMER.

Maybe this is the wake up call 4 me.

adcomer
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2011-06-23

Back to top Go down

Post by azri Sat Jul 23, 2011 5:25 am

almost nothing comes cheap nowdays.. ive just read an add in marketplace stating ls3/5a is becoming more expensive from time to time LOL.. perhaps my cd 54 can sell rm5k in another 5 years LOL..

sad to hear once you lost a big sum of money.. its a risk to buy stuff without viewing it first unless if he/she was a well known seller to yourself. a buyer even wanted me to sent a pair of floorstander to penang but i refuse to do so even though im a genuine seller & his a genuine buyer. i had a bad experience with s*y.net with my cd 63 that was sent to sarawak whereas some gears on its transport were broken. crap.. mr oh fix that machine & it work flawlessly.. nasib the buyer was someone familiar with that unit.. apparently sending my cd 67 using post domestic which took more than a week was a lot better & arrived safely & cost half of what s*y.net charge me.. both of us closed the deal without any dispute..

just bare in mind once cheap offers pop up in mudah or anywhere thats not within your reach.. just leave it be.. its too good to be true.. especially here in bolehland.. theres heaps of scammers that's wanting fast cash without having heart on its victim hard earning money.. its not just hifi.. suprisingly even cars & bikes can pop up with unbelievable offers in the net..
azri
azri
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 1050
Registration date : 2009-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post by wmw4500 Sat Jul 23, 2011 6:16 am

Dear all,

Few advise,

Avoid cash in advance at all cost and i mean at all cost, despite the seller insisted that is a lot of people queing to buy.

lodge a police report(they would require your ip address), bank negara, respective bank( they have the account information).

best to use paypal.

Atleast try to google the name of the seller, (you might be lucky to find there is a blog or site did mention about the cheaters scam.) usually the cheater will cheat a couple of of people before they will eradicate their nickname whatsoever.

tel no, get a friend from the telco to trace its owner and information, telco does have that info even the prepaid. if you can get his ic get your jpj friends to trace his car etc.

the thing is that those cheater somehow will leave a digital print and you need find it. dont just rely on police, they are slow. how deep you want to go, depends on how vindictive you are, cause ive been there and done that. he is now nicely sitting in prison and perhaps is becoming somebody boyfriend of the inmates. i work my as* for the money and now i got my revenge back when he is working his As* in prison

wmw4500

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2011-06-20

Back to top Go down

Post by chung Sat Jul 23, 2011 6:54 am

damn...it..full set of adcom amp only selling 1k+++ ...really attrative... affraid
chung
chung
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 156
Registration date : 2010-02-10

Back to top Go down

Post by RadiancE Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:26 am

It's Really depends on your luck or who u meet.

I had experience a case like below :
-----------------------------------
I COD @ his house. the CDP works. but after i bought the CDP within 1 hours it's seems problematic.
After an argument, The owner agreed to pay the repair fees. but
eventually the owner is just cheating me, He refuse to pay it and flame
me spoil the CDP.

So u can see the world, for someone morality for them is nothing.

RadiancE

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2011-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by WongKN Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:34 am

This kind of 'danger' is one of the biggest concerns about buying direct. It is always one of the main arguements FOR buying from a proper dealer. When the admin & I recommended buying from dealers once in this forum, whether used or new, both of us got shot at for favouring dealers, with even a few suggestions that we might have some vested interest. But the truth really is that we ourselves have also been burnt before and we know fully well the kind of risk we take when we deal direct. I myself have been cheated before at eBay. So often the key question is whether the premium of buying from a local dealer outweighs the risks from buying direct, or from internet, or from overseas dealers, etc. It is also often not only about the risk, but also the fact that a proper transaction is subject to consumer protection laws, and also after sales service. It is a question only the individual can answer for himself.
WongKN
WongKN

Number of posts : 1795
Registration date : 2009-01-20

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Known or Suspected Fraudsters/Con-Artists in the Hi-Fi Marketplace - Please Report Here - Page 2 Empty Known or Suspected Fraudsters/Con-Artists in the Hi-Fi Marketplace - Please Report Here

Post by chewkwokhon Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:27 am

I wish to share this
bad experience to everyone on the On-line sales:

My friend who nearly fell trap to this conman which appeared
as “sense” in the Mudah.com

He is a confirmed conman. My friend who did not know English
while trying hard to buy the Luxman M-06 from him. He gave his Maybank name and
account no. as Yeong Song Por 1060261322. Asking friend to bank money into his account.

Luckily my advise to my friend never bank-in money without
seeing the seller and the product.

My friend drove all the way from Ipoh to Langkawi just to
catch up as early bird and as the appointment
was fixed at 9.00pm Yesterday, and the meeting place was in one of the
Hotel in Langkawi. My friend waited for
the whole night until past 12.00 midnight.

This conman "sense" sensing something is wrong and
did not turn up to close the deal. Certainly,
he did not appeared and he did not bother to answer any calls and later he switch
off his Mobile. This morning he did not
even answer any calls although his Mobile is switched "ON".

We feel like to report this matter to the police and set up
a trap to catch this conmen. But are yet
to take further action.

Thank you

http://www.mudah.my/Luxman+amp-11657962.htm

chewkwokhon
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 318
Registration date : 2009-05-19

Back to top Go down

Post by elhefe Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:37 am

Sorry to hear about the bad experience. I myself prefer ebay as there are ratings of seller so at least you know you can trust. And also you can report to ebay admin as well.

Hope you can come up with a plan to nab the guy.

Known or Suspected Fraudsters/Con-Artists in the Hi-Fi Marketplace - Please Report Here - Page 2 Whatsa11
elhefe
elhefe

Number of posts : 1371
Registration date : 2010-02-13

Character sheet
Source(s): Kronos PRO, Clearaudio Solutions AMG Wood, SONY MD, SONY HAP Z1 ES, HiFi ROSE RS150, ROON Nucleus, Aavik D280 DAC
Amplification: McIntosh MA9000, SPL Audio Phono
Speakers: Borresen X3, PMC Twenty5 26i, PMC Twenty LCR, PMC Twenty Sub, ARCAM AVR20, JL Audio Sub, Ascendo Sub.

http://www.notanotherhifiblog.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by chewkwokhon Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:54 am

Actually, I did not following my friend after many times my friend persuaded me to following him for this deal. As I had worked in Police Department before and I could easily set-up a trap immediately. Wanted to catch him red-handed.

chewkwokhon
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Known or Suspected Fraudsters/Con-Artists in the Hi-Fi Marketplace - Please Report Here - Page 2 Empty Another Cyber-conman on the loose

Post by chewkwokhon Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:11 pm

This website sounded very much like an Australian. Certainly, after many exchange of emails with the intention of buying this Poineer HPM150. The guy introduced himself as Hihi and in his following reply
make me felt very suspicous of his character:-
1) "no time to take pictures" - if you ask for more
2) "my grandmother admitted to the hospital and I am rushing there"
3) "prefered to used Paypal. It is the safest method"-what he just
send you 2 boxes of rotten apples.
4) if you pretend to type the wrong pricing below its advertised -
it is so easy to get discount.
5) If you ask "where is the actual address of this pair" - no reply
6) If you do not agree with all or part the above - "you play game"
(sounded very familar to us especially someone from Hongkong -
translate as "ni wan yeh")

He will keep telling you to put in money first.

Just too many and easy to spot Cyber-conmen these days, BEWARE.

http://classifieds.ozfreeonline.com/Electronics/Stereo-Speakers/986959/VINTAGE-PAIR-OF-PIONEER-HPM-150-4-WAY-SPEAKERS.html

chewkwokhon
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Enjoy the music Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:18 am

good morning and thanks for the useful tips!
Enjoy the music
Enjoy the music

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2011-05-30

Back to top Go down

Post by chewkwokhon Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:25 pm

If someone just sit back and think with a cool mind, it is not that difficult to spot one. Do not rush in to pay first whenever the stuff look like a big bargain.

chewkwokhon
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Hi-Fi 4 Sale Sat Oct 08, 2011 4:42 am

Long wrote:Hi Dear All Seller & All HiFi Kaki Must Beware This

MR. (PETER BOH BOON SIANG) 012-3019288

This Man Is A CHEATER / SCAM 骗子 PENIPU

If Somebody Know Him

Kindly PM/sms Me (Long 016-3615292)

THANKS EVERBODY MEMBER Wink

Please share with us what happened. Thanks.
Hi-Fi 4 Sale
Hi-Fi 4 Sale
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 934
Registration date : 2008-12-05

Character sheet
Source(s): Streamer
Amplification: Amps
Speakers: Speakers

https://www.hifi4sale.net

Back to top Go down

Post by hazy Sat Oct 08, 2011 6:04 am

How about SUMATRA leo .. this guy pon pening kepala .
this guy sms me want to buy something , then i reply .....after that i call he dont want answed . many times . but still sending sms .
what that confuis ....he say staying kl but his number from indonesia ..
why ...i donno
dont buang masa and duit for call / answer
better be honestly lah ...

any advise about this guy . confuis
hazy
hazy
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by elhefe Sat Oct 08, 2011 7:12 am

macam2 jenis orang ada....

what I usually do if the seller is from this forum, i look at the profile. if the person have a lot of posting, i am a bit confident. next would be the communication. the max I would entertain SMS is 3 times. after that I would call or ask the person to call me. if no reply, then i knowlah its a game.

Known or Suspected Fraudsters/Con-Artists in the Hi-Fi Marketplace - Please Report Here - Page 2 Whatsa11
elhefe
elhefe

Number of posts : 1371
Registration date : 2010-02-13

Character sheet
Source(s): Kronos PRO, Clearaudio Solutions AMG Wood, SONY MD, SONY HAP Z1 ES, HiFi ROSE RS150, ROON Nucleus, Aavik D280 DAC
Amplification: McIntosh MA9000, SPL Audio Phono
Speakers: Borresen X3, PMC Twenty5 26i, PMC Twenty LCR, PMC Twenty Sub, ARCAM AVR20, JL Audio Sub, Ascendo Sub.

http://www.notanotherhifiblog.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by cmboy Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:25 am

hazy wrote:How about .......... this guy pon pening kepala .
this guy sms me want to buy something , then i reply .....after that i call he dont want answed . many times . but still sending sms

Dubious or sly sellers sure to be around market forums. Confusing, missing or doubtful contact details are a giveaway something isn't right. Thats the trouble with internet deals, money pass over first before goods receipt, once money change hands, buyer is always at risk of loss, nothing like COD!
cmboy
cmboy
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 1298
Registration date : 2009-03-11

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by cyl1000 Sat Oct 08, 2011 12:51 pm

Recently posted my DAC for sale and got an enquiry via SMS that looks like a newbie in hifi asking alot of questions bout my DAC. He was squeezing my price even after giving substantial discount. It was only after I got his email and check the phone number in the forum that I got to know he is an active seller here. He may be squeezing hard to get a good price to resell. sometimes there is a different kind of con man here as well. Nevertheless my DAC found a new owner who have manage to unleash the full potential of his single brand system now.

cyl1000
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 142
Registration date : 2009-03-23

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by cmboy Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:16 pm

Squeezing your price isn't tantamount to con activity. Obviously if you stick to your own and result in selling at the highest price, its to your benefit and satisfaction. Con job is with element of deceit or cheating. Then there's another kind of prospective buyers called LOWBALLERS!.. who are with mindset to nearly always counteroffer lowest or rediculously low value for your merchandise. Run away from these people! They'll likely insult your prospective sale and expectation. Its perfectly allright to refuse to consider buying something thought as expensive or not in line with true value, but to counteroffer rediculously low price is an insult.
cmboy
cmboy
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by hazy Sat Oct 08, 2011 2:29 pm

cmboy wrote:Squeezing your price isn't tantamount to con activity. Obviously if you stick to your own and result in selling at the highest price, its to your benefit and satisfaction. Con job is with element of deceit or cheating. Then there's another kind of prospective buyers called LOWBALLERS!.. who are with mindset to nearly always counteroffer lowest or rediculously low value for your merchandise. Run away from these people! They'll likely insult your prospective sale and expectation. Its perfectly allright to refuse to consider buying something thought as expensive or not in line with true value, but to counteroffer rediculously low price is an insult.

???? everybody know that ......but is very diff't sitution when sudah kena tipu bro ..dan sakit hati . Arrow Arrow Arrow know we talk beware , after kena tipu not before ..tipu pon ade doctor jugakah.
hazy
hazy
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by hazy Sat Oct 08, 2011 2:39 pm

cmboy wrote:
hazy wrote:How about .......... this guy pon pening kepala .
this guy sms me want to buy something , then i reply .....after that i call he dont want answed . many times . but still sending sms

Dubious or sly sellers sure to be around market forums. Confusing, missing or doubtful contact details are a giveaway something isn't right. Thats the trouble with internet deals, money pass over first before goods receipt, once money change hands, buyer is always at risk of loss, nothing like COD!

" ...it " for me when somebody want make it deal but 1st time make pening kepala better stop make deal ...easy .
hazy
hazy
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by cmboy Sat Oct 08, 2011 2:56 pm

hazy wrote:
" ...it " for me when somebody want make it deal but 1st time make pening kepala better stop make deal ...easy .

Its all within your own control and judgement in any prospective deal. No outsider knows what you're dealing with and the outcome. Just like some internet scams, there's already some history of suckers falling for it eventhough they seem to possess rocket science qualifications. Its all within your own arena how to address some deal. If you don't get conned, thank God you're not a victim.
cmboy
cmboy
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by cyl1000 Sat Oct 08, 2011 3:21 pm

I would appreciate if the guy would have come clean to tell me it's for resale rather than pretending as a newbie. I have sold some of my stuffs at lower price to geniune buyer than to some who wants the equipment but just have a habit of asking for even a rm50 discount even for equipment above thousand. Also notice prospective buyer tend to ask first for best price..I think most of us would have our best price stated in the posting already..only the buyer should give or offer the seller his best price.

cmboy wrote:Squeezing your price isn't tantamount to con activity. Obviously if you stick to your own and result in selling at the highest price, its to your benefit and satisfaction. Con job is with element of deceit or cheating. Then there's another kind of prospective buyers called LOWBALLERS!.. who are with mindset to nearly always counteroffer lowest or rediculously low value for your merchandise. Run away from these people! They'll likely insult your prospective sale and expectation. Its perfectly allright to refuse to consider buying something thought as expensive or not in line with true value, but to counteroffer rediculously low price is an insult.

cyl1000
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by cmboy Sat Oct 08, 2011 3:26 pm

Should I say its quite a normal behavior and bargaining culture amongst Malaysians that some discount is negotiated eventhough seller states quite clearly its nett, no nego, firm, etc. People still tend and will try their luck to get you to change your mind and ease down, with total disregard to what you've advertised. prospective buyers just insist on paying less...period! nevermind RM 5 discount, its still worth a degree of some happiness or personal victory. Having said that, lowballers will habitually offer you a very low price and chance that you'll give in. In one view its some fair gamble actually, but can be quite unethical or unfair to some point to deprive you of a nice profit. I will just ignore or dismiss these kind of counter offers. If there's no satisfactory offer, then I'll delist it and relist in another time hoping some buyer may like to buy it.

I think its an inherent behavior of local price bargaining. Some discount MUST be achieved. I suppose it won't be the same approach when buying something from the western hemisphere.
cmboy
cmboy
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by cyl1000 Sat Oct 08, 2011 3:45 pm

If the price is high, I think trying to get discount which sometimes be hundreds or thousands is worthwhile. But if the equipment cost thousands and you are trying to ask for discount below rm100, what is the justification of it? Also prospective buyer should come with their best price than asking the seller. Seriously it would be weird to ask this question to the seller since in H4S,the seller would definitely post their prices.

cyl1000
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by cmboy Sat Oct 08, 2011 4:07 pm

IMHO, justification can be secondary eventhough the tiny amount maybe seen as silly. It comes back to what I said in my second last sentence. It happens from wet market to anywhere else, even at some shop with fixed prices, customers insist on trying their luck (eventhough remote chance) that the price is reduced slightly or any amount for total personal satisfaction. Its all in local mindset for as long as I know. I too can be included as very welcome to ANY discount if I've to pay less than what's originally priced, doesn't matter if I get a 5sen discount from RM5 because I've grown up with this bargaining culture.
cmboy
cmboy
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by hazy Sat Oct 08, 2011 4:12 pm

cmboy wrote:Should I say its quite a normal behavior and bargaining culture amongst Malaysians that some discount is negotiated eventhough seller states quite clearly its nett, no nego, firm, etc. People still tend and will try their luck to get you to change your mind and ease down, with total disregard to what you've advertised. prospective buyers just insist on paying less...period! nevermind RM 5 discount, its still worth a degree of some happiness or personal victory. Having said that, lowballers will habitually offer you a very low price and chance that you'll give in. In one view its some fair gamble actually, but can be quite unethical or unfair to some point to deprive you of a nice profit. I will just ignore or dismiss these kind of counter offers. If there's no satisfactory offer, then I'll delist it and relist in another time hoping some buyer may like to buy it.

I think its an inherent behavior of local price bargaining. Some discount MUST be achieved. I suppose it won't be the same approach when buying something from the western hemisphere.

like consultant lah ....elhefe say ...macam -macam orang ada ..... BEWARE .
Thank for somebody annount the con man . so better ...............Beware.
hazy
hazy
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by cmboy Sat Oct 08, 2011 4:14 pm

So what if like consultant? this is an open and friendly discussion of possible scenarios that happen possibly every minute somewhere.
cmboy
cmboy
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by cyl1000 Sat Oct 08, 2011 4:26 pm

Yes,what is a consultant here?

cyl1000
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by cmboy Sat Oct 08, 2011 4:31 pm

cyl1000 wrote:Yes,what is a consultant here?

Hey CYL...I realise I know you now... we were together at KLAV recently. Shhhhhhhhhh! silent silent silent cheers!
cmboy
cmboy
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by cyl1000 Sat Oct 08, 2011 5:36 pm

We did? I was there only for few hours..I was with 2 other friend and their age or nick doesn't match yours??

cmboy wrote:
cyl1000 wrote:Yes,what is a consultant here?

Hey CYL...I realise I know you now... we were together at KLAV recently. Shhhhhhhhhh! silent silent silent cheers!

cyl1000
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by cmboy Sat Oct 08, 2011 5:58 pm

cyl1000 wrote:We did? I was there only for few hours..I was with 2 other friend

nevermind, we can take some conversation over PM. Let this topic stay on course.
cmboy
cmboy
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by cyl1000 Sat Oct 08, 2011 6:29 pm

Cmboy, sure will PM you when back Malaysia next week.
Back to topic, sometime ago I did receive some offer from prospective overseas buyer both from this forum or others stating interest in buying the equipment. Its always they will offer to pay the cost of the equipment + postage to their country via PayPal. Then you will receive an email from "PayPal" but careful as they email address is maybe a yahoo, gmail, etc. The prospective buyer insisted that I make payment to a forwarding company Western Union account and fax/email over the receipt of the forwarder so that "PayPal" can fully release the payment to me. The problem is I have not given my PayPal account to the prospective buyer nor do I agree to sell overseas. Lastly the prospective buyer send more emails to me saying that "FBI" will take up this case to retrieve back his money! Maybe agent Fox Mulder & Dana Scully will come knocking on my door since they are so free now(after X-files) Shocked

cyl1000
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by chung Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:39 am

Tuan-tuan and Puan-puan sila ambil perhatian dengan penipu ini:

Beware will this guy name KELVIN WONG selling klipsch speakers at "mudah.com"

要小心這個傢伙, 之前講的很好,付了錢之後收到的東西不一樣聯絡他的時候給我的理由是"他不小心寄錯了可能放在他的店,叫我把那對寄回給他,然後他從寄klipsch klh10 給我'' 這麼大的喇叭會寄錯你信他嗎?...之后再連絡時给很多里由..再来不聽電話...是個骗子

I have buying the klipsch KLH 10 speaker with him but he sent me different model klipsch kg4.2 and then give me a lot of excuse and unanswer my phone..memang pusing aku...."beware with him"

Name: Kelvin wong (now using audio solutions)

state: Perak

handphone: 019-4056888

Bank account: 1082 9904 9960 (Wong kae hong)
chung
chung
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 156
Registration date : 2010-02-10

Back to top Go down

Known or Suspected Fraudsters/Con-Artists in the Hi-Fi Marketplace - Please Report Here - Page 2 Empty Seller dishonouring advert!!

Post by ongaaron Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:04 am

Hello members, pse. be warned that Alexndx, tel no 0126679286 is an untrustworthy member of this forum who doesnt honour his post. He advertised a Densen B110 for sale at RM2500. I sms to enquire, and he replied the price is RM3000 cash and carry. I replied saying he advertised at RM2500 and he told me he is a Densen fan and has many units. Ha! Ha! Ha! same model? Who is he kidding? When I warned him I will report him to Admin, he replied..Thanks.

ongaaron
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 425

Character sheet
Source(s): MF AMSCD
Amplification: Audia Flight
Speakers: Wilson Benesch

Back to top Go down

Known or Suspected Fraudsters/Con-Artists in the Hi-Fi Marketplace - Please Report Here - Page 2 Empty dishonest advertiser

Post by affirm Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:42 am

There's also another that I have encountered . He advert Mirage M3 S1 for sale but posted Mirage M3's picture and specs. When I SMS him to clarify , he says it's not for sale and wants to keep it for his own use . When I further ask him why advertise if he' snot selling , his cheeky answer is " For Fun " and that the speakers is his , so what is the problem he asked. Then he has the cheeks to offer for sale his Eminient LFT8 of Klipsch . If I had not ask him to confirm his description and the specs given , will I have been conned by him. I have complained to Admin .Him ID : David Chong - 0123282993 . Advert on 11th Aug 2011

affirm

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2010-03-22

Back to top Go down

Post by JSoo1 Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:49 am

Suggesting that the Admin/Moderator move this thread to either sticky or make it prominent. Believe that a direct reference thread for this kind of thing should be make as "first page" or "main reference"

Its good for newbie, potential buyer/seller, oldbie, absent-minded professor to have a place to refer first before committing to buy/sell or to get conned....
JSoo1
JSoo1
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 199
Registration date : 2009-03-17

Character sheet
Source(s): Flatbox with LaserHead (inside)
Amplification: Heavy Blackbox with knobs (outside)
Speakers: Brownbox with hole (front)

Back to top Go down

Post by Hi-Fi 4 Sale Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:26 pm

ongaaron wrote:Hello members, pse. be warned that Alexndx, tel no 0126679286 is an untrustworthy member of this forum who doesnt honour his post. He advertised a Densen B110 for sale at RM2500. I sms to enquire, and he replied the price is RM3000 cash and carry. I replied saying he advertised at RM2500 and he told me he is a Densen fan and has many units. Ha! Ha! Ha! same model? Who is he kidding? When I warned him I will report him to Admin, he replied..Thanks.

When did this happen? He posted this item a year ago...
https://www.hifi4sale.net/t7948-densen-b110-integrated-amp-used
Hi-Fi 4 Sale
Hi-Fi 4 Sale
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 934
Registration date : 2008-12-05

Character sheet
Source(s): Streamer
Amplification: Amps
Speakers: Speakers

https://www.hifi4sale.net

Back to top Go down

Post by ongaaron Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:10 pm

Yes, 7th June 2010. The post was still there after I posted the complaint. Thanks for the quick response.

ongaaron
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 425

Character sheet
Source(s): MF AMSCD
Amplification: Audia Flight
Speakers: Wilson Benesch

Back to top Go down

Known or Suspected Fraudsters/Con-Artists in the Hi-Fi Marketplace - Please Report Here - Page 2 Empty Beware!! Conman in HiFi4Sale

Post by edddddy21 Wed Aug 05, 2015 4:45 pm

Dear All,

Please be informed that there is a conman preying on us in HiFi4Sale. I was cheated when I advertised in the WTB section. He speaks very politely and seems to know a lot about the item which he's selling. In my case, it was a Rythmik LV12S subwoofer. He approached me via Whatsapp, used a mobile number not belonging to him, sent me photos that are not cut and paste from the internet, asked me to pay to another person's bank account, and even gave me a tracking number from the point of origin (in my case, Kuching). After I completed payment, he informed me that he's travelling with his family and will only be back the following week. He said any issues can be resolved once he's back (yeah right). He's not reachable after that... 

Interestingly, he did mention that he's also having a Pioneer 1122k and Mordaunt Short Mezzo 2 for sale. Not sure if he's got some photos in place to trick his next victim. The DiGi number he used was: +6011 3192 8203. He called himself Mat (chinese fella).

All these are carefully planned to trick us. Just be careful if you're buying without the chance of inspecting the actual item. 

Ed
edddddy21
edddddy21
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 457
Registration date : 2009-03-14

Back to top Go down

Post by chiangeg Wed Aug 05, 2015 5:16 pm

This is terrible, hope you can recover your losses.

chiangeg
Club Member
Club Member

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2013-11-11

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by geraldsaw Wed Aug 05, 2015 5:29 pm

Sorry to hear of your loss. But thanks for highlighting this conman.

geraldsaw
Club Member
Club Member

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2013-04-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next