Hi-Fi 4 Sale - Malaysia / Singapore Audio Forum & Marketplace | www.hifi4sale.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

440Hz.my - expanding musical horizons
Subscribe to our Feed
addtomyyahoo4 Subscribe with BloglinesAdd to netvibes
Add to Google

mapleshade solid maple wood isolation platforms <SOLD>

2 posters

Go down

mapleshade solid maple wood isolation platforms <SOLD> Empty mapleshade solid maple wood isolation platforms <SOLD>

Post by lushds Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:36 am

Mapleshade solid wood isolation platforms (air dried solid heavy maple wood), new, imported from USA. Maple is known for its great sonic properties which are used in many racks like Finite elemente and others.

15"x12"x2" RM170

18"x15"x2" RM260

PM me or call/SMS 0124337730

http://shop.mapleshadestore.com/departments.asp?dept=46

http://www.mapleshadestore.com/feedback_mapleshadeplatforms.php

[b]MAPLE COMPONENT MOUNTING

Mounting your gear—amp, CD player, music server, turntable, etc.—on a really good platform transforms the sound. Surprisingly, maple platforms are much warmer, clearer, punchier and more detailed than granite, slate, glass, myrtle or exotic hardwoods, or any of the hi-tech damped composites—based on 20 years of my painstaking, head-to head listening experiments. Adding brass footers to drain vibration out of your gear into the maple doubles the good effect.

Maple’s superiority over all other woods is old news to every violin and piano maker since Stradivarius and Steinway. Instrument makers taught me to NEVER use commercial, kiln dried wood. As my listening confirmed, the kiln’s high heat seriously deadens the maple’s good sound. Butcher block is another step worse.

Because finding air-dried 2" to 4" thick maple at ordinary lumber yards is impossible, I turned to a local Amish sawmill—the best thing I ever did. They find us logs of very special maple indeed: 75 to 100 year old Maryland old growth maple that sounds distinctly better than Canadian rock maple. Even better, these old trees yield gorgeous wood: lovely nutcolored Ambrosia contrasts, subtly shimmering curl and tiger stripes, all far from the boring whiteness of young lumber yard maple.

After our rough cut maple air dries for three years, our Amish craftsmen, Ben and his son Crist, meticulously plane, bevel, shape and sand our platforms. Ben takes particular pride in his gleaming lacquer finishes. They handsomely show off the dramatic character of our old growth Ambrosia maple.
[/b]

mapleshade solid maple wood isolation platforms <SOLD> Rtbpla10

Last edited by lushds on Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:11 am; edited 1 time in total

lushds
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 205
Registration date : 2009-03-11

Back to top Go down

mapleshade solid maple wood isolation platforms <SOLD> Empty Re: mapleshade solid maple wood isolation platforms <SOLD>

Post by bal Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:52 pm

please let me know if still available, or if you are bringing in more.

Bal 012-3058090 or balinkl@gmail.com

bal

Number of posts : 1275
Registration date : 2009-03-06

Character sheet
Source(s): CEC T2, Oppo blu ray, mac mini running Audirvana thro Teac ud 501 dac
Amplification: conrad Johnson, Oddessy Khartago mono b
Speakers: maggie 1.7

Back to top Go down