Hi-Fi 4 Sale - Malaysia / Singapore Audio Forum & Marketplace | www.hifi4sale.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

440Hz.my - expanding musical horizons
Subscribe to our Feed
addtomyyahoo4 Subscribe with BloglinesAdd to netvibes
Add to Google

Cyrus 6a - User Review

3 posters

Go down

Cyrus 6a - User Review Empty Cyrus 6a - User Review

Post by alamdamai1 Sat May 11, 2013 11:44 am

after using this new amp for the past 2 weeks and compared to the marantz pm5004, found the 6a to be very good in handling small nuances with ease regardless of volume..

due to this, its treble is superior compared to the 5004 while its mid bass is slightly better but when comes to low bass, it is found to be poor as opposed to the 5004 when its loud button is activated during low volume hearing...

in other words, for midnite listening under low volume, you can hear very clearly the mids and highs but no bass....this is due to the 6a do not have any tone controls & loud button feature unlike the 5004.... Neutral

but a good thing about the 6a is that is able to smoothen mp3 songs which gives a silky feel to the sounds coming out from my standmounters unlike the 5004 which now sounds a bit synthetic to my ears compared to the 6a...its stereo separation is also found to be way much better than the 5004... Smile

as a tip to new cyrus owners, if you would like to have extra bass effect, you can increase the sensitivity level of the inputs to +4dB which gives a boost to the lows but slightly sacrifice the soundstage...

finally, in attempting for a temporary bi-amp set-up while waiting for sufficient cash to get a power amp, found the 6a can be paired with the 5004 after adjusting their vol levels equally...the depth & separation of each instruments can now be clearly distinguished which took me by surprise which means bi-amping is worthwhile upgrade path to consider.. Idea

alamdamai1
Regular
Regular

Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2011-12-28

Character sheet
Source(s): Marantz UDP 7007
Amplification: Cyrus 6a, Naim NAP 100
Speakers: KEF Q900

Back to top Go down

Cyrus 6a - User Review Empty Re: Cyrus 6a - User Review

Post by elhefe Sat May 11, 2013 2:00 pm

Welcome to world of bi-amping bliss Smile

Thanks for sharing. Very intrigued by the idea of biamping using 2 integrated...

I believe and always will bi amping does make a different...

Cyrus 6a - User Review Whatsa11
elhefe
elhefe

Number of posts : 1371
Registration date : 2010-02-13

Character sheet
Source(s): Kronos PRO, Clearaudio Solutions AMG Wood, SONY MD, SONY HAP Z1 ES, HiFi ROSE RS150, ROON Nucleus, Aavik D280 DAC
Amplification: McIntosh MA9000, SPL Audio Phono
Speakers: Borresen X3, PMC Twenty5 26i, PMC Twenty LCR, PMC Twenty Sub, ARCAM AVR20, JL Audio Sub, Ascendo Sub.

http://www.notanotherhifiblog.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by kychoo99 Sat May 11, 2013 9:08 pm

alamdamai1 wrote:

in other words, for midnite listening under low volume, you can hear very clearly the mids and highs but no bass....this is due to the 6a do not have any tone controls & loud button feature unlike the 5004.... Neutral

IMHO, lack of bass or too much of it in a system is not necessary due to the amp alone. The whole chain of the setup including the speaker positioning, isolation as well as room acoustic play its role as well. A change of a major component such as an amplifier, would at times required the repositioning of the speakers to get the most of out of the changed component. Anyway, most (if not all) of the better sounding stereo amplifier out there, usually does not comes with a tonal or loud button features. Just my 2 cents. Enjoy the journey ... Regards.

p.s. I would think an additional of a PSX-R to your Cyrus 6a should be sufficient to drive your 90db (8 ohm) Monitor Audio Bx2 to a new level. Again, its merely my humble opinion.
kychoo99
kychoo99
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 217
Registration date : 2011-01-06

Character sheet
Source(s): Wadia
Amplification: Krell + Mcintosh
Speakers: Infinity

Back to top Go down