Hi-Fi 4 Sale - Malaysia / Singapore Audio Forum & Marketplace | www.hifi4sale.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

440Hz.my - expanding musical horizons
Subscribe to our Feed
addtomyyahoo4 Subscribe with BloglinesAdd to netvibes
Add to Google

diy tone arm from zildjan maple drumstick to golf shaft armwand

4 posters

Go down

diy tone arm from zildjan maple drumstick to golf shaft armwand Empty diy tone arm from zildjan maple drumstick to golf shaft armwand

Post by mierock Sat Jun 27, 2015 2:35 am

diy tone arm from zildjan maple drumstick to golf shaft armwand Img-2010

my diy tonearm. i am using zildjan maple drumstick in a unipivot. i have try many things for the pivot  as found in the net. i found the sound rank as

1. diamond pivot or any hard stone. i am using 0.01ct which is still cheap.
2. hard sharp steel harden screw or stainless steel sharp pin
3. ball bearing including parker ball point with or without oil or grease

Last edited by mierock on Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:08 pm; edited 3 times in total

mierock
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 172
Registration date : 2009-03-04

Back to top Go down

diy tone arm from zildjan maple drumstick to golf shaft armwand Empty Re: diy tone arm from zildjan maple drumstick to golf shaft armwand

Post by mierock Sat Jun 27, 2015 2:42 am

see simple thing works.....

diy phono amp + diy intergrated amp + micro seiki tt + micro seiki m2100 cart + signet sl256 (for sale.... anybody)

https://www.hifi4sale.net/t47320-speaker-signet-sl256

diy tone arm from zildjan maple drumstick to golf shaft armwand Img_2010diy tone arm from zildjan maple drumstick to golf shaft armwand Img_2011

Wire used is a litz wire given to me by a nice guy h4s@somkiet, who is responsible to all this nasty work. I really appreciate your assistance and encouragement,  my hifi cousin somkiet. He got plenty of commercial grade diy.

ahmad nawab instrumental. i am keeping my rb300 nicely as a collection, services unneeded anymore. will make this arm presentable and bring it home. will use it along with my trusty rotel 850. 
diy tone arm from zildjan maple drumstick to golf shaft armwand Img_2013

i sold my nice mc audio technica cart because it dig deep into groove, good with new lp but koyak with malay lp.

Last edited by mierock on Sun Jun 28, 2015 8:22 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : More picture & vid)

mierock
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

diy tone arm from zildjan maple drumstick to golf shaft armwand Empty arm on lenco l75

Post by mierock Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:05 am

never thought that a turntable will give a different sound. learned something.... why some people love lenco and why my hifi buddy somkiet love micro seiki. 

next coming project is to replace lenco arm with semi pivot arm to reduce azimuth error. replacing the lenco arm base and replace with pivot. armwand is still drumstick but will but a golf club soon, will buy from a trift shop  or anybody want to donate a broken carbon fibre golf club.... will use the same length and offset angle. soon ......

mierock
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

diy tone arm from zildjan maple drumstick to golf shaft armwand Empty Re: diy tone arm from zildjan maple drumstick to golf shaft armwand

Post by Somkiet Mon Jul 06, 2015 7:57 pm

Nicely done...!
Somkiet
Somkiet
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 215
Registration date : 2011-02-06

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by sph Sat Oct 31, 2015 11:31 pm

My DIY Well Tempered tonearm on a re-plinthed Lenco75.

sph
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 336

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by vt4c Sun Nov 01, 2015 1:59 pm

Congratulation...Well done! cheers
vt4c
vt4c
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 149
Registration date : 2009-05-09

Back to top Go down

Post by mierock Wed Nov 04, 2015 9:13 pm

wahh.... terbaek sph. show some more pics please. verrrry addictive!

mierock
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sph Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:40 pm

It started off as an original Lenco 75.

diy tone arm from zildjan maple drumstick to golf shaft armwand <a href=diy tone arm from zildjan maple drumstick to golf shaft armwand Image45" />

Then, decided to make a top plate for it. Came this ...
[url=diy tone arm from zildjan maple drumstick to golf shaft armwand Image46]diy tone arm from zildjan maple drumstick to golf shaft armwand Image46[/url]

Next was the tonearm. Searched the Internet for ideas and came up with the Well Tempered tonearm. I like the uniqueness and simplicity of the arm. Golf ball and a graphite shaft for the arm.
diy tone arm from zildjan maple drumstick to golf shaft armwand <a href=diy tone arm from zildjan maple drumstick to golf shaft armwand Image39" />

Building the plinth.

diy tone arm from zildjan maple drumstick to golf shaft armwand <a href=diy tone arm from zildjan maple drumstick to golf shaft armwand Image40" />

The cartridge, a AT95e, modified with an aluminum body.
diy tone arm from zildjan maple drumstick to golf shaft armwand <a href=diy tone arm from zildjan maple drumstick to golf shaft armwand Image41" />

Put together....
diy tone arm from zildjan maple drumstick to golf shaft armwand <a href=diy tone arm from zildjan maple drumstick to golf shaft armwand Image42" />

sph
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 336

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by mierock Sat Nov 07, 2015 2:11 pm

sifu

which one would u prefer, heavy tonearm or light tonearm?

i am going to build both, may be someday and compare them. for now, trying to build s shape tonearm with nyatoh

mierock
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

diy tone arm from zildjan maple drumstick to golf shaft armwand Empty low mass armwand

Post by mierock Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:01 pm

replace the zildjan with callaway graphite golf shaft. very light. soft wood for damping the vibration. i am using harden steel from dart shaft as my pivot.diy tone arm from zildjan maple drumstick to golf shaft armwand Whatsa14

i like it better than zildjan armwand. 

during testing. no adjustment at all.

i am using denon dl60 (damn! this is good, may be as good as my mod at95 black body with atn95 stylus)

hope all tt lovers would like to try this as this is not that difficult to build.

mierock
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down