Hi-Fi 4 Sale - Malaysia / Singapore Audio Forum & Marketplace | www.hifi4sale.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

440Hz.my - expanding musical horizons
Subscribe to our Feed
addtomyyahoo4 Subscribe with BloglinesAdd to netvibes
Add to Google

Just Sharing - Fake buyer (Seller.Must Read)

+10
beano
innovate
JolinTsai
Hi-Fi 4 Sale
andlee2k
atoz
tmh
gettindirty
alanchiang
Steven Sze
14 posters

Go down

Just Sharing - Fake buyer (Seller.Must Read) Empty Just Sharing - Fake buyer (Seller.Must Read)

Post by Steven Sze Sun Jun 19, 2016 1:31 pm

Sharing experience. Seller must read.

A prospective buyer Mr. Yap, oldman from kuchai avenue service apartment called and asked me favour to send my amp to his home for audition. He doesn't want to waste money buying something doesnt match his system.

We spoke about 20 mins and he seems legit. So I went and setup at his home and I audition his system as well, worth the time spend, even if he doesnt want to buy. Finally he agreed to buy my amp. But he said will only bank in tmr into my acc.

I felt a bit uneasy, luckily the the phono rca connection a bit rusty, i used it as an excuses to bring it home for touch up and promised to deliver to him after 2 days.

On the day itself, i called him and about 5 times his wife pickup the phone saying he's out still not home and lastly he went to work without the phone.

I msg him telling him Im ready to deliver the amp to him but for few days no answer.

So I guess it's his tactic to make you leave it at his home so he can further audition the amp for few days. Or he have some other intention with your amp.. even if you know where he stays, you cant get pass the security door and lift.

I've no idea what is his agenda but I think seller here has the right to know about this person and be cautious.

Steven Sze
Regular
Regular

Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2013-12-23

Back to top Go down

Just Sharing - Fake buyer (Seller.Must Read) Empty Re: Just Sharing - Fake buyer (Seller.Must Read)

Post by alanchiang Sun Jun 19, 2016 2:40 pm

Lucky u. The Cyrus 2 is it?

alanchiang
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 232
Registration date : 2015-11-19

Character sheet
Source(s): Esoteric
Amplification: Jadis
Speakers: Harbeth

Back to top Go down

Just Sharing - Fake buyer (Seller.Must Read) Empty Re: Just Sharing - Fake buyer (Seller.Must Read)

Post by Steven Sze Sun Jun 19, 2016 3:33 pm

Yeah, sold it the following day to another person.

Steven Sze
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by gettindirty Sun Jun 19, 2016 5:37 pm

Thank u so much for sharing...

gettindirty
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 217
Registration date : 2009-05-30

Character sheet
Source(s): Denon DCD-1600NE, Bluesound Node, Shanling M8 DAP
Amplification: Roksan Blak , Sound Artists SA-200IA, Yulong D200, Aune X8, Audioquest Dragonfly Red
Speakers: Proac D2R, Sonus Faber Lumina, Q Acoustics Concept 20, Q Acoustics M20, 64 Audio A12T, Fearless Audio S8F

Back to top Go down

Post by tmh Sun Jun 19, 2016 8:10 pm

Is the name of the buyer is Ronnie Yap? Phone No: 012-3388463. I used to want to buy a turntable from him. However, the turntable was in bad condition but he advertised the turntable was in very good condition.

tmh

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2016-06-19

Back to top Go down

Post by atoz Sun Jun 19, 2016 8:20 pm

Always on alert we have to, no matter selling or buying or just making some new friends. Most sensitive is when money is involved. You will never know what intentions he might have but there are still a lot of kind and nice people worth meeting I know.

Last edited by atoz on Sun Jun 19, 2016 10:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
atoz
atoz
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 377
Registration date : 2010-01-30

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Sze Sun Jun 19, 2016 9:49 pm

tmh wrote:Is the name of the buyer is Ronnie Yap? Phone No: 012-3388463. I used to want to buy a turntable from him. However, the turntable was in bad condition but he advertised the turntable was in very good condition.

Yeah that's his number. He introduce himself as Mr. Yap.

Steven Sze
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by andlee2k Mon Jun 20, 2016 1:29 pm

Yalorr. Where got leave equipment with the prospective buyer?

Nothing more but simply a con man.

andlee2k
Regular
Regular

Number of posts : 98
Registration date : 2011-09-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Hi-Fi 4 Sale Mon Jun 20, 2016 1:44 pm

Steven Sze wrote:Sharing experience. Seller must read.

A prospective buyer Mr. Yap, oldman from kuchai avenue service apartment called and asked me favour to send my amp to his home for audition. He doesn't want to waste money buying something doesnt match his system.

We spoke about 20 mins and he seems legit. So I went and setup at his home and I audition his system as well, worth the time spend, even if he doesnt want to buy. Finally he agreed to buy my amp. But he said will only bank in tmr into my acc.

I felt a bit uneasy, luckily the the phono rca connection a bit rusty, i used it as an excuses to bring it home for touch up and promised to deliver to him after 2 days.

On the day itself, i called him and about 5 times his wife pickup the phone saying he's out still not home and lastly he went to work without the phone.

I msg him telling him Im ready to deliver the amp to him but for few days no answer.

So I guess it's his tactic to make you leave it at his home so he can further audition the amp for few days. Or he have some other intention with your amp.. even if you know where he stays, you cant get pass the security door and lift.

I've no idea what is his agenda but I think seller here has the right to know about this person and be cautious.

Looks like the phone number given corresponds to this user:
https://www.hifi4sale.net/u9886
Hi-Fi 4 Sale
Hi-Fi 4 Sale
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 934
Registration date : 2008-12-06

Character sheet
Source(s): Streamer
Amplification: Amps
Speakers: Speakers

https://www.hifi4sale.net

Back to top Go down

Post by JolinTsai Mon Jun 20, 2016 1:48 pm

Thank you for warning us. Sharing is caring! cheers

JolinTsai
Regular
Regular

Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2015-11-27

http://audiobits-hifi.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by innovate Mon Jun 20, 2016 1:59 pm

For your information I have not met Mr. Yap ( talk by phone only ) and he asked my help to placed the advertised for him for some of his equipment.
Just doing him a favor.

innovate
Dealer\Reseller\Trader\Service Provider

Number of posts : 167
Registration date : 2015-01-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Sze Mon Jun 20, 2016 2:16 pm

innovate wrote:For your information I have not met Mr. Yap ( talk by phone only ) and he asked my help to placed the advertised for him for some of his equipment.
Just doing him a favor.
tmhIs the name of the buyer is Ronnie Yap? Phone No: 012-3388463. I used to want to buy a turntable from him. However, the turntable was in bad condition but he advertised the turntable was in very good condition.

Innovate , I think you need to be cautious when helping him to post. I'm not stopping you from doing kind deed but you may get yourself into trouble when what you post and actual item are totally different as described.

Steven Sze
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by innovate Mon Jun 20, 2016 6:31 pm

noted

innovate

Number of posts : 167
Registration date : 2015-01-01

Back to top Go down

Post by beano Sun Apr 01, 2018 7:04 pm

just to update u guys the guy new number Very Happy

probably knowing his old number mostly got blacklisted by most of people for his funny request to bring amp to his home. he hasn't gave up.beware!

Last edited by beano on Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:10 am; edited 1 time in total

beano
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 345
Registration date : 2015-07-27

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification: cyrus
Speakers: epos es14

Back to top Go down

Post by leongteckwee Mon Apr 02, 2018 12:36 am

OMG!!!

this fellow also contacted me to test my amp

normally i will ask something before the audition

he seems knowing hifi, and i gave him the address

scary, luckily he didnt make it

leongteckwee
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 306
Registration date : 2012-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post by engtteo Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:11 am

thank u very much

engtteo

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2011-12-09

Back to top Go down

Post by wilm3 Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:59 am

andlee2k wrote:Yalorr. Where got leave equipment with the prospective buyer?

Nothing more but simply a con man.
ya so true..... i got experience tat when on the phone discussion already confirmed the final price also is COD then when delivered to him and further asking more discount and wanted to pay installment!!!.... i ended up bring the unit back ... really wasting time n petrol....beware....
wilm3
wilm3

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2009-06-08

Back to top Go down

Post by hapiztuddin Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:25 am

This is alarming!..with so many conmen out there, we have to be extra cautious. I stick to COD; equipment and cash changing hands at the same time.

hapiztuddin

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2013-01-24

Back to top Go down

Post by atoz Mon Apr 02, 2018 3:17 pm

I am not sure if the above mentioned person was him but the description matches closely. He did buy something from me before without a hitch. Just sharing...
atoz
atoz
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 377
Registration date : 2010-01-30

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down