addtomyyahoo4 Subscribe with BloglinesAdd to netvibes
Add to Google

TDL RTL3 England Reflex Transmission Line Floorstanding Speakers

View previous topic View next topic Go down

TDL RTL3 England Reflex Transmission Line Floorstanding Speakers

Post by HiFiLab on Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:04 am

Made In England

Description

Two bass units within these 'reflex transmission line' loudspeakers further enhance bass performance, contributing to increased sensitivity and additional power handling.

The TDL RTL 3 is the perfect partner for a larger room. Retaining the fine stereo imaging of their smaller counterparts, room position is not critical, neither are they difficult to drive.

Indeed, they possess the ability to portray accurately the original performance at realistic sound levels, especially when coupled with powerful amplification.

Specifications
Type: 2 way, 3 driver loudspeaker system

Frequency Response: 35Hz to 20kHz

Recommended Amplifier: 20 to 120W

Crossover Frequency: 3000Hz

Impedance: 8Ω

Sensitivity: 90dB

Bass: 2 x 172mm loaded polypropylene cone

Tweeter: 1 x 19mm soft dome

Enclosure: reflex transmission line

Finish: black ash, rosewood

Dimensions: 900 x 200 x 375mm

Weight: 21kg

User Review for reference:
Agree with other reviewers, nothing to touch these under £1000 certainly at new prices. Those who don't like the bass probably haven't heard real bass before with the more usual designs in this price bracket that cut off in real terms well before these beauties. Having that bass on hand probably to some ears makes mid-range appear less revelatory is all I can think.

I would say a good amp with plenty of current delivery is needed to keep the base tight. With cheap amps it can sound a little boomy but no more than any other speaker that delivers bass

I fell in love all over again with them, and could not believe, that after 5 yrs, they would still impress me. Greater deph, presence, imaging, was detected. It's no mistery that those speakers produce a generous amount of bass, but since the upgrade, the bass seems to be more focus, cleaner, and also a lot more extented. For the past year or so, I've auditioned a lot of speakers, and of course I did hear a lot of good or maybe better speakers, for a lot more money, but going back home and listening to the RTL3, they always seem to bring me a sense of comfort and a smile to my face. In other words they sound damn G O O D!!!!!!

In Very Good Working Condition ,
thanks to previous owner well take care of it Smile

Price : RM 1850
Contact Simon Ting 012-3612507

HiFiLab
Dealer\Reseller\Trader\Service Provider
Dealer\Reseller\Trader\Service Provider

Number of posts : 2031
Registration date : 2011-03-12

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification: