Hi-Fi 4 Sale - Malaysia / Singapore Audio Forum & Marketplace | www.hifi4sale.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

440Hz.my - expanding musical horizons
Subscribe to our Feed
addtomyyahoo4 Subscribe with BloglinesAdd to netvibes
Add to Google

Triode Wire Labs 8 Plus American Power Cord US Plug 5 Feet (Used) SOLD

Go down

Triode Wire Labs 8 Plus American Power Cord US Plug 5 Feet (Used) SOLD Empty Triode Wire Labs 8 Plus American Power Cord US Plug 5 Feet (Used) SOLD

Post by mikey8811 Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:10 pm

Triode Wire Labs 8 Plus American Power Cord US Plug 5 Feet (Used)

They are rarely available used, especially not in Malaysia.

This is a higher gauge cable than the remaining 10 Plus, I have separately listed. It is excellent used on power amps & distributors  and will add more richness to preamps and sources.

Condition: Mint (8.5/10)

RM SOLD

Reason for Selling: Reduced Equipment & Need Fewer Cords

Reviews

Positive Feedback

From the first notes, a sense of improvement was evident, a deep blackness that wasn't there before permeated the soft beginning of the track...

Everything was tighter, deeper, blacker, brighter, and louder. In short, it was more musical and more exciting.. this upgrade provided a more tangible and immediate improvement than ANY other experiment with an aftermarket upgrade—including analog and digital cables, software applications, or isolation products I've ever had the good fortune to hear.

At one point my wife came downstairs for whatever reason, stopped, and said, "Holy crap! How does the picture look so good, is that another one of those power cords?" I just nodded. I couldn't believe my eyes, but there it was a standard definition projector with 10 years of use on it... looking for all the world like it was throwing an HD picture. It was as if my projector finally woke up and dusted itself off after all these years.

http://www.positive-feedback.com/Issue61/triodewire.htm

Stereo Times:

One thing that stands out almost immediately is the natural organic sound quality of the TWL AC cords. It was as if you had opened a window into a more open and engaging sound.

These cables are considerably quieter than any other cable I've previously owned. That's say quite a bit considering the TWL's asking price. The TWL, gives lots of air around instruments allowing the music to blossom, I noticed that there's more detail at the lower octaves as well. This, of course, lends to a better foundation with the bass. I actually used less gain to achieve the same pressure levels and found this quite surprising to occur when changing out an AC cord.

Now with TWL cables throughout my system, I must say something special was now going on. Too Rich for My Blood is a song I've come to appreciate as I've been referencing it for over 15-years. Just let me say, that the timbre was spot on and remarkably grain free. Patricia [Barber]'s voice was smoother and more sultry. The soundstage was also something that I couldn't help but be drawn into. It was deep and detailed with greater dimensionality than I had ever heard from this disc. Nardis, (from the same disc) features Patricia on piano and I don't remember ever hearing the piano sound so fast and accurate, yet richer in harmonics. The finale drum solo on this song proved simply breathtaking.

the TWL AC power cords allow you to hear more into each recording. I think this is achieved by the removal of distortions in the AC line being shunted by the cable. The most obvious benefit is - for the first time - I actually feel as though I am transported somewhere else other than my listening space

http://www.stereotimes.com/cables071212.shtml

Enjoy The Music:

TWL cords provide excellent and plenty of bass foundation while not allowing bass to veil the all-important midrange and treble, a real deal-breaker. TWL's bass is at once warm and solid, doing great justice to acoustic bass instruments as well as synthesized beats, being able to shock the unsuspecting listener with that sudden bass kick and rumble.

Oh, and what midrange and treble these cords possess! During the tedious review process of pulling one set of cords for another, it was becoming more and more difficult to pull out the TWL cords, especially after they had "settled" into my system for a period of time. While sitting in my listening chair with some of my favorite tunes playing, asking myself why I did not want to get up and change out the TWL cords, it struck me. The critical midrange simply sounded deliciously correct. It wasn't simply a matter of sounding smooth or detailed or even rich, etc. Instrumental and vocal timbres and tones did not require my brain to filter out anomalies in order to believe they were how real life sounds like.

One very important aspect of TWL cords' attraction is the rock-solid center "lock." Singers and instruments hover and lock strongly in center with seemingly 3-D density, without images shifting as pitch goes up or down. And when someone belts out a note, the sonic energy explodes into the room toward the listener, but all without the actual center-lock being disturbed or distorted. There are highly-praised cords out there that "sound" transparent with lots of sparkle, air, and blistering speed that fail to satisfy long-term due to having ghost-like insubstantial center fill. If one ever tried one of those cords and thought "Oh, only if these fast cords had a solid and juicy midrange!" well the TWL cords may well fit that bill.

http://enjoythemusic.com/magazine/equipment/0813/triode_wire_labs_power_cable.htm

6 Moons:

Each TWL cable sounds more or less the same. These wires can be characterized as being highly dynamic and lifelike whilst delivering many details in stunning clarity and impressive depth. They tend to highlight a warm midrange to sound organically gorgeous. The treble is extended but very sweet as is generally the case for good 300B amps. They convey a lot of emotion and plenty of energy. The TWL sound is also characterized by a bit more bass and kick than the average contender.

The TWL lineup is a real bargain find for the ol’ wallet!  Getting better performance would in my opinion lead to significantly higher expense where the sonic plateau reached by these American wires might already be a perfect achievement for many. Triode Wire Labs wires propose a very balanced involving option which avoids sounding overly dark or bright but creates an excellent stereo image with impressive depth and high resolution

To my ears, Peter Grzybowski succeeded to design highly resolving wires without really modifying the signal to preserve the musical coherence of the playback chain. Instrumental and vocal timbres always sounded genuine and natural, offering a thoroughly enjoyable experience with impressive staging. It is sadly not too frequent that one chances upon all of these qualities concentrated in modestly priced cables like these to make for such a delightful discovery!

http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews2/triodewire/1.html

Last edited by mikey8811 on Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:23 pm; edited 3 times in total

mikey8811
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 3400
Registration date : 2010-01-21

Back to top Go down

Triode Wire Labs 8 Plus American Power Cord US Plug 5 Feet (Used) SOLD Empty Re: Triode Wire Labs 8 Plus American Power Cord US Plug 5 Feet (Used) SOLD

Post by mikey8811 Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:41 pm

Bump

mikey8811
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Triode Wire Labs 8 Plus American Power Cord US Plug 5 Feet (Used) SOLD Empty Re: Triode Wire Labs 8 Plus American Power Cord US Plug 5 Feet (Used) SOLD

Post by mikey8811 Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:34 am

Bump

mikey8811
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey8811 Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:20 pm

Bump

mikey8811
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey8811 Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:33 pm

Bump

mikey8811
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down