Condition: 8.5/10. Item in excellent working condition.
[size=14][size=16]8 INCH SUBWOOFER - FORCEFIELD 3[/size][/size]The ultra-compact 8 inch subwoofer ForceField 3 is the smallest and most affordable ForceField sub - but don't let its small size and price fool you, with its 1000-watt digital amp, 8” high-power long-throw active driver and 9-5/8”x 11-3/8” quadratic planar infrasonic radiator, this baby ROCKS!
Let's take a look at the ForceField subwoofers to see what makes them special. We'll start with two very common sub design concepts and then we'll delve into GoldenEar's unique and better solutions. Many of today's subs fall into either the ultra-compact high-output category, or the (larger) high performance, extended response, high-output category. These two design types tend to offer different performance benefits, the ultra compact having the ability to play extremely loud, but over a narrower bandwidth and the large subs having this high output plus more extended response.
GoldenEar's engineering team set out to accomplish the best of both worlds with the new ForceField subwoofers: small size, yet with the smooth & wide response of a larger sub. There's no sleight of hand, just great engineering - all ForceField subs share the same technologies, here is a list of their features. Read through these and then take a good demo disc into your GoldenEar dealer's sound room and listen for yourself.
- Custom-designed high-output drivers with very large motor assemblies. These drivers handle massive power, have very long excursions, and have ultra-low distortion.
- Rigid cabinets with non-parallel sides to minimize standing waves and distortion. The drivers are front firing in all of our subwoofers for optimal performance. The cabinets' possess a unique and understated shape and style that matches well with any décor.
- The driver's response is enhanced with a carefully tuned, down-firing, quadratic-shaped passive radiator (no noisy ports on ForceField subs). The quadratic shape allows the radiators to use maximum surface area on the bottom of the cabinets and gets even greater output from the slot-loading that results from the subwoofers' interface with the floor (see next point).
- The soft, energy-absorbing feet provided with every ForceField sub serve a number of functions. First, they hold the sub the correct distance off the floor so the passive radiator slot-loads with it for significantly increased output at the lowest frequencies. Second, the soft feet keep the sub from dancing around on the floor.
- ForceField subwoofer amplifiers are designed in-house by GoldenEar engineering, so each is the perfect amp to power its specific subwoofer model. In addition the amps all have powerful DSP sections to optimize frequency response, minimize distortion and prevent damage from overdriving. These amplifiers are all low distortion and extraordinarily powerful (up to 1500 watts on the ForceField 5) for reproducing seriously high-output AND low bass.
- ForceField subs all have speaker-level inputs and outputs (with a high pass crossover on the outputs) as well as a direct LFE input, too.
The ultra-compact ForceField 3 (on left in photo to left) is basically a smaller, less-expensive version of the ForceField 4, with a 1000-watt digital amp, 8” active driver and 9.6”x 11.4” quadratic planar infrasonic radiator.
1 x 8” long-throw High-Output Bass Driver
1 x 9” x 11” Quadratic Planar Infrasonic Radiator
- Frequency Response: 18 Hz – 250 Hz
- Speaker Level High Pass Filter: 6 dB per octave at 150 Hz (approx.)
- Speaker Level Low Pass Filter: 12 dB per octave continuously variable from 40-150 Hz
- Amplifier: 1000 watt ForceField Digital Amplifier
- Dimensions: 28 cm x 29 cm x 40 cm (height w/feet)
- Weight: 11,8 kg
Last edited by raymond88 on Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:14 pm; edited 1 time in total