Hi-Fi 4 Sale - Malaysia / Singapore Audio Forum & Marketplace | www.hifi4sale.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

440Hz.my - expanding musical horizons
Subscribe to our Feed
addtomyyahoo4 Subscribe with BloglinesAdd to netvibes
Add to Google

Withdrawn (MCO)

3 posters

Go down

Withdrawn (MCO) Empty Withdrawn (MCO)

Post by timurmusicfan Mon Jan 27, 2020 5:09 pm

Decided to spend MCO time re-terminating the cable.

Vintage Polk Cobra cables in its ideal configuration of 6 parallel runs.
According to some reviewers and blogs, this is one of the best speaker speaker cables ever made.
You can read more about these at http://www.high-endaudio.com/RC-SpkrCab.html
Each run has 144 (72 each for positive and negative) strands of enameled copper wires weaved in Litz configuration. In the ideal 6 parallel configuration there are a mind-boggling 432 individual strands each way.
I tested a single run against my Cardas Cross, Kimber 8TC and QED Silver Anniversary cables and retired all of them. My friends and customers have tested these against some high-end cables and found them superior. The latest to retire is a Transparent bi-wire used in a Krell pre-power set-up. Only one customer ever ordered a six parallel (1.5m) from me. His view? "This is it. Amazing. These cables are so good that I have turned off my sub-woofer". His previous cables were Goertz in a McIntosh vintage all tube system.

I have three systems, two SS and one Tube SET. I use single runs of these cables for all.

This cable offered for sale was my first attempt at 6 parallel, it was a lot sweat and blood as these cables are NOT easy to work with. These are too long for my main system. If no takers, I plan to shorten and re-terminate them to 1.5m to fit my current system.
In a way, this is a once in a blue moon opportunity as you are unlikely to find a 6 parallel for sale anywhere, at any price.
Price RM6000 firm. One month full refund warranty. Not happy, just return the cables.
Condition: As this is DIY, please do not expect Cardas like build quality. The cable sheath is sticky due to age. This is a common problem with these cables. Currently they are terminated with MS Audio Rhodium plated banana plugs.
Note: Technically my stock is Monitor Audio branded (bought from UK stockist), with a slightly different shape but manufactured by the same Japanese company. Please note that there are three versions of these cables and I have all three samples. These sound exactly like the round version of Polk Audio Cobra. The flat ribbon type is cheapest and offers marginally lower quality sound.
Buyer beware: They are lethal to vintage SS equipment (such as old Threshold/SAE amps). My 1985 Accuphase is happily singing with Cobra cables. They are ideal for tube amplifiers.
Need more information? Please contact 016 nine two two 786 zero.
Thank you for your interest.
Thank you, Hifi4Sale team

Last edited by timurmusicfan on Sat Mar 28, 2020 11:57 am; edited 7 times in total (Reason for editing : Withdrawn)

timurmusicfan
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 257
Registration date : 2010-04-15

Back to top Go down

Withdrawn (MCO) Empty Re: Withdrawn (MCO)

Post by timurmusicfan Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:18 pm

jump

timurmusicfan
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by timurmusicfan Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:07 pm

This Cobra is lethal to other cables

timurmusicfan
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by timurmusicfan Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:23 pm

Last bump

timurmusicfan
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by mierock Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:26 am

I am one of the buyers. I can't afford 6 parallel run but only 2 in parallel. Sounded waaaaay much better than AQ midnight 3 hyperlitz that i have.

mierock
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 172
Registration date : 2009-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by timurmusicfan Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:01 am

Terima kasih. Tn Haji.

timurmusicfan
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by geraldsaw Sun Mar 29, 2020 1:01 pm

Oh what a shame. I still remember in the 80's I used the Litz flat speaker cables as advocated by Jean Hiraga for my valve amp - Radford STA 3 driving Apogee Centaur Minors. The best sound I ever had. Btw, at that time all tubes were Mullards originals made in UK.

geraldsaw
Club Member
Club Member

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2013-04-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down