Hi-Fi 4 Sale - Malaysia / Singapore Audio Forum & Marketplace | www.hifi4sale.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

440Hz.my - expanding musical horizons
Subscribe to our Feed
addtomyyahoo4 Subscribe with BloglinesAdd to netvibes
Add to Google

Promitheus Audio TVC preamp (Used) SOLD

Go down

Promitheus Audio TVC preamp (Used) SOLD Empty Promitheus Audio TVC preamp (Used) SOLD

Post by bassraptor Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:48 am

This is the acclaimed Promitheus Audio Transformer Volume Control passive preamp. It's not a stock unit, came from Audio Image and has been tweaked in various areas - I got it after selling off my standard version which I found didn't suit my power amp too well.
It has three line inputs (two single-ended, one balanced) and two outputs (one balanced, one single-ended), with a phase toggle behind. The top and bottom plates are steel. Price new is RM2,000.

I've used it to drive various power amps - Krell, Bryston, Mesa Baron and McIntosh, mostly with excellent results. And I've using difficult to drive Maggies (only the Krell didn't seem to have enough gain for the passive pre/Maggies combination).

Selling it now as I've paired my present power amp with a preamp in its own family ... Very Happy

The unit is in very good condition, I'd say 8/10, and of course, you have to put up with handwritten lettering on the top plate. That apart, it's pretty well done. I got it in early 2008.

I'm asking RM1,350 .... reasonable offers will be considered.

The number is 012-3094001.

Last edited by bassraptor on Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:54 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : item sold)

bassraptor
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1237
Registration date : 2009-01-17

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

http://www.audiofi.net

Back to top Go down

Promitheus Audio TVC preamp (Used) SOLD Empty Re: Promitheus Audio TVC preamp (Used) SOLD

Post by bassraptor Sat Aug 15, 2009 2:44 pm

Just a note:
Information on the TVC can be had at the Promitheus website, so please check it out. Calling me to find out more about what this does and what it is, is simply wasting your money.

bassraptor
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1237
Registration date : 2009-01-17

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

http://www.audiofi.net

Back to top Go down