Hi-Fi 4 Sale - Malaysia / Singapore Audio Forum & Marketplace | www.hifi4sale.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

440Hz.my - expanding musical horizons
Subscribe to our Feed
addtomyyahoo4 Subscribe with BloglinesAdd to netvibes
Add to Google

Local artist CD reissues by a well known label. Disappointing album reissue encountered.

2 posters

Go down

Local artist CD reissues by a well known label. Disappointing album reissue encountered. Empty Local artist CD reissues by a well known label. Disappointing album reissue encountered.

Post by cmboy Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:14 pm

Its not new news that a local label have taken over the rights to re-issue all the local artist since EMI have given up producing local music.
I bought a two sets of 2 cd box re-issue of Uji Rashid's first 4 LP albums. I thought this would compliment the actual LP's I already own. The earliest was under EMI Regal label and later ones EMI mainstream. It came as a shock to me that some tracks from the album sound typically of a LP ripped to digital.
I expected every track to be transferred from the actual master tapes but my ears tell me otherwise. Not that I'm entirely against LP rips but my ears tell me its a disappointing, inferior transfer with sub performing or ill maintained gear. Vinyl crackles can be heard and reminiscent of it as bad as mp3 at lowest bit rate. I find this is as totally unacceptable. I'm thinking the people who handled the re-issue either have no dedication or QC in this particular re-issue. I could easily think they may have lost the master tapes to oblivion. To me, eventhough I can't argue with the retail price, the end result SQ is unacceptable and can be as bad as some worn cassette tape. Its a disappointment!..maybe they think people here don't care about sound quality...as long as the music is there.
Ok, don't let me deny anyone from buying the products but I'm a disappointed customer, makes me seriously doubt the integrity of the label when this sort of disappointment is encountered.
First they're all against piracy but when they themselves produce a sub standard product or failed product at a premium price, what am I supposed to think?
I might as well take the trouble to digitize the whole album myself and live with it. I think I'm going to pursue for a refund!
cmboy
cmboy
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 1298
Registration date : 2009-03-11

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Local artist CD reissues by a well known label. Disappointing album reissue encountered. Empty Re: Local artist CD reissues by a well known label. Disappointing album reissue encountered.

Post by fizi Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:58 pm

Hi Bro CM,

Don't denied it,the sound really bad but for production label they don't care Crying or Very sad ...from the price i think is still acceptable..they will not using any hi tech equipments to produce such Rm19.90 CD's and most of the consumers who buy local artist dont talk about sound quality...mostly just wanna listen through mini compo or car system and they will not complain, they still happy at least they can listen the oldies selections and flash back some sweet memories Very Happy

If we talk about sound quality, can our local consumer spent re issue CD's range of Rm40-60 per piece ???? maybe yes but how many ???
For new album like "Anuar Zain" it coz me Rm40+ i really satisfied with the sound quality,its also depends on the artist if they wanna do the best for their album they will produce the album in higher grade studio with the professional sound engineer even at the end some of them will loose money.At least they satisfied and give the best to the fans who bought the albums.

Last word "our market is too small to compared"

p/s - just go to amcorp mall on weekend we can the re issue cd's selling like hot cake over there....Are they care about sound quality!!!! lol!
fizi
fizi
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 1293
Registration date : 2009-02-16

Character sheet
Source(s): Analog - Lenco/Sota/Thorens/Roksan TT/Akai Reel Player / Digital - Ladiva
Amplification: DIY
Speakers: Harbeth/JBL?LINN

Back to top Go down

Local artist CD reissues by a well known label. Disappointing album reissue encountered. Empty Re: Local artist CD reissues by a well known label. Disappointing album reissue encountered.

Post by cmboy Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:59 pm

Sorry but I entirely disagree the retail price is the primary reason for a sub standard product. This label is a part of a big music industry player, and I'm sure they HAVE industry standards to adhere in producing a high quality product regardless whether its sold cheaply or at a premium.
There's no excuse for releasing a product thats sub standard just because its cheap. I'm sure customers will and insist a new Kancil from Perodua at its cheapest price, or its most expensive model, to be rolled out with the same level of same level of QC and manufacturing quality.
Anyway, I'm disappointed the record label failed in adhering to industry standards of product quality. I just hope they're not going to set a precedent and other labels also follow the trend hoping people won't complain nor question the product.
cmboy
cmboy
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 1298
Registration date : 2009-03-11

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by fizi Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:52 pm

What to do...time is bad the glory days is gone....still remember during 80's and 90's once new album from big hits release it can goes until 100k to 500k copies but now to achieve 50k copies also can consider lucky Crying or Very sad

That why recording companies came out with local pressing quality to level with Malaysian ways of spending towards music...not many also support original hardware because already use to pirated product...

This days some standards need to compromise to survive...Look what happen to big companies who built product like tank that can last long even to 100 years..most of them are gone Evil or Very Mad
fizi
fizi
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 1293
Registration date : 2009-02-16

Character sheet
Source(s): Analog - Lenco/Sota/Thorens/Roksan TT/Akai Reel Player / Digital - Ladiva
Amplification: DIY
Speakers: Harbeth/JBL?LINN

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down