Hi-Fi 4 Sale - Malaysia / Singapore Audio Forum & Marketplace | www.hifi4sale.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

440Hz.my - expanding musical horizons
Subscribe to our Feed
addtomyyahoo4 Subscribe with BloglinesAdd to netvibes
Add to Google

Powercord (used)

2 posters

Go down

Powercord (used) Empty Powercord (used)

Post by Ao-Ao Yeh Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:31 am

Have some DIY cords for sale.
Have beaten the kettle cord.I am assure that i can tolerate return but not on postage.
No Name No Brand,Pure DIY from early 2000. Self experiments.with proper plug and trermination,wires also a decent one.
Benifits: Better Flow of Music,smoother Mids,i can hear better rythm.Improving 30% on dynamic. I can hear the music is far less constrained and somehow easy and relax than standard cords. Some of them with magnetic clamper to block EMI

I can not describe by how much gain it can excels in detail,resolution,sound stage ,deeper Bass ,sweeter mids,extended low.. as i was comparing it to a "standard"cord.And i do HEAR a subtle difference.

I believe it needs a serious RUN-IN to sound good from poor. AS it so long unused can result poor electron flow in the wires in the beginning of usage.Like tyres,the more it is use,the better it grips. But for wires it never worn out. [no joke]

This is an Audiophiled classification ,they were built to improve sounds in mind and I makesure it worth the asking $$.

RM188.

what else is more worthles than $$

Ao-Ao Yeh
Ao-Ao Yeh
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 174
Registration date : 2012-11-09

Character sheet
Source(s): Marantz
Amplification: Cyrus 2
Speakers: Mission 753

Back to top Go down

Powercord (used) Empty Re: Powercord (used)

Post by Ao-Ao Yeh Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:57 am

people often asked me what is powercord and what is kettle cord.
Kettle cord is used for dosmetic kitchen appliances ,light duty,general use,not specific for Audio/Visual purposes.

whereas Powercord is a very well made cable, the power cord is for connection between the High-grade audio and video device and to wall outlet or receptacle.It use very much to reject EMI interference and keep the mains as clean n as smoother as possible.
some cord comes with multi layer shielding,or the whole alu foils cover up the core wires, Because of the character on electromagnetism,the electomagnetic fields need to be shield off,the uses of amulinum foil is to promote the anti-jamming capability of the AN2e confirmed far superior.The PVC insulation poorer to absorb nano particles vibration.Therefore the stray capacitance effect which smearing the sound could be minimised.
Adopting this power cord for video devices, can make the images stable and vivid.
Adapting for CD player, can make sound more aggressive if chosen wrong type
Adapting for LED TV,can make the Images more vibrant And lifely
Adapting to Subwoofer,can make the lows more rigid and longer throw.
Adapting for Power AMP,can make the Bass tighter may not need deeper,sluggish bass i supposed.

Some hifi folks dont reliase its benefits,and some who serious about HiFi should consider if[you have not] at least to try a well made powercord into your system.

Is brand is important to you- Yes. Some company has their own research,they become pro in the field and we seek their expertice thus we pay megabuck for it. Depend how highend the system,it is wise to spend 30% of the total equipment cost on all wires include those interconnect,signal wires etc .

Is powercord important to you- YES, otherwise u wont have to comeback to your MiniCombo & Radio isnt`it ? Why we play HiFi seperates,because we want quality sound and thats why you need a well made powercord to stop the pitfall.

Do you need to invest a lot on it- YES /NO all depends how deep is your pocket or someone else pocket. It depend also how much you demanding on sound,always remember that the more you pay,the lesser you gain in the higher end sound-chase.

What size- YES size always does matter,ask your partner,is size really that important?- SHE/HE tells you, YES. The bigger the marrier,at least it look more convincing at the first sight.More Mass more meaty and more stamina and electron move faster at its outer skin. So the bigger infact the better!

What length- The lenght also does matter, most people will well remember a 8feet 3 snake compare to 3 feet 8 snake, same goes to signals,the sinewave work its wonder in a correct length for AC signal in which it travels so 1.5meter claimed at least. 1.8m proven the best by kutukawa san in his smith chart finite element wave propagation studies.

what is the sensible price- well anything that should not be more than 4 digit to yield the best difference, anything more than that must seek your wife approval because she can not tahan you if your powercord is more expensive then the wedding ring you gave her last year!
Ao-Ao Yeh
Ao-Ao Yeh
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by lewce1 Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:53 pm

Sorry wrongly replied.

Last edited by lewce1 on Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:59 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Replied to wrong post.)

lewce1
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 206
Registration date : 2009-01-21

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ao-Ao Yeh Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:16 am

the first to do thing before buying powercords[avoid super expensive psychiatric manufacturer] is to makesure u have a powerconditioner i prefer to made in thailand one at least better than china made.
I notice a "chikai" one can contributes a lot more than any 4digit branded psychiatric powercord. Dont believe me,u will regret later.
I want someone to step outside and help me to do all these explaination.I just diy diy,not good enough to explain to the bunch of professional audiophiles [here or internationally] wahlauyeh u have made me awwwooooo lol!

Please don’t feel shy to contribute. Sorry for all the questions....
there is a NO Rules for you to say something in my listing...Nothing will be taken too seriously sending u to jail, it’s very liberating,semalam 1 malaysia,besok pun sama...wahlauyeeeeeh !

Buy the main conditional with BYPASS especial if you want to use it to drive your poweramps.
Ao-Ao Yeh
Ao-Ao Yeh
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down