Hi-Fi 4 Sale - Malaysia / Singapore Audio Forum & Marketplace | www.hifi4sale.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

440Hz.my - expanding musical horizons
Subscribe to our Feed
addtomyyahoo4 Subscribe with BloglinesAdd to netvibes
Add to Google

My China Amp called Bada

+8
joydivision
Opera
sari
sph
scwong
boxer
flintbatu
adrian4454
12 posters

Go down

My China Amp called Bada Empty My China Amp called Bada

Post by adrian4454 Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:54 pm

My China Amp called Bada Pictur20
After much thought and consideration, it is now compelling enough for me to write this layman review of my newly purchase monster amplifier. Been having it for more than 1 month now; weighing 32 kgs, it caused me 1 day of backache after hauling it into my low grade rack. As a commoner with less than average income and never-ending itch to hear better sound, I need to search deep into the www abyss to look out for true value equipment, before long I realized the only way through is something from China.

My China Amp called Bada Pictur21
I've been seeing and drooling over 1 particular amplifier from the mainland for more than 1.5 years now. Whenever I have time, I always drop by this brand Audio GD website to "look-see" on it products and the muscular appearance of internal circuit, just like a kid salivating next to a candy store. When the financing is permitting, with wife blessing and also the eternal itch of upgrade starts becoming unbearable; I took the plunge, but buying another made instead. :)How disloyal can this be?

My China Amp called Bada Pictur22
The Audio-GD Master 10 has been mine dream machine for a while, but when I was about to buy it, I realized that; if the sound it still not quite right, I can't do anything to it. There is no fuse for me to plug and play, no wire inside I can change comfortably, and for the size and weight; cone-ing the bottom isn't exactly a good idea. During my surf of this bang for buck amp upgrade, which is majority from China, I also came across the Bada. Deep surfing is needed to find out details and review because of my not so good Chinese words, I manage to find out couple chinese reviews of this Bada Purer 3.8, and had my wife read out loud and explain to me some of those complex "lyrical poem" where they waxed into the review.

My China Amp called Bada Pictur23
This Bada Purer 3.8 had gone through couple of revision, and have rather favorable review from various sources over the years. And with tubes that I can plug and play and no less than 7 fuses(1 in the IEC) I can change, wow I can't
never run out of tweaking whenever an itch hits me. 140w at 8 ohm, and 224w at 4ohm. First 20w in Class A.

My China Amp called Bada Pictur24
Now here with me is this Bada Purer 3.8mk(Refined edition), with latest configuration of 2pcs of 12ax7 and 1pc 12au7 tubes. A very thin manual not explaining much of the technology, couple of ELNA and Solen Caps here and
there. Very solid and robust looking RCA inputs. And very serious size twin Transformers. The construction is really good; the front panel aluminum is as thick as my index finger. Even the wire solder to the RCA looks top grade. All fit and finish is top notch. No matter how close I look, it hard for me to find fault except some caps not sitting straight enough, if I really picky. I've no knowledge of circuit works, truly dual mono or something else, I don’t know. If you want to compare to something from an established brand section, you seriously need to look into those 15k to 25k ringgit bracket. The quality itself is something of a surprise to me, furthermore, when I place order, they request to allow them 2 weeks lead time because they had no stock and need
to make it, how exclusive!

My China Amp called Bada Pictur25
Sound and sound again that I really have my finger cross that this monster is not a white elephant but something that really can perform. First 30 seconds there was no sound, where tubes needed reasonable time to become distortion free upon cold start. So this is the 30 seconds delay to click for each power up. From cold, it immediately show it presence, well only in bass, which is stronger and deeper over my existing Exposure 2010S2,other than that, it is not in par with the Exposure. Always a rule of thumb, where we can't skip any warming up cold turkey to crispiness timetable. After some 10+ of adjacent hours playing, the Hybrid Amp starts to show it skills, the soundstage is certainly deeper, less smearing of details, bass while remain deep, but not as good pace and rhythmic as the Exposure. Neither was the micro detail as expressive as the Exposure. There where the upgrade bug inching closer. Don’t get me wrong, as a whole the Bada really play music very well, the high is super smooth and no pronounce abnormality across the frequency spectrum.

My China Amp called Bada Pictur26
2pcs of PSVANE 12AX7 and 1 pc of TJ Full Music 12AU7 tubes rolling later, with less than 5 hours burn in now, various tweak of cones to balance over the previous setup. It really transformed. The texture is super rich, the bass goes even deeper, and instrument separation is much better. Details and the smaller one of it start popping out. I can’t help but to seriously listen to it eventhough I know the turkey skin isn’t crisp yet :)At the moment, the amp is still virgin fresh, with less than 40 hours in total. So I can only imagine it gets better. Mind you, 7 more fuses that are still stock!! Imagine how much more it can go. Maybe hard to squeeze more out by changing fuse, but I am not that much bother when music now being play with greater enthusiasm. So you can see why I am letting go my Exposure 2010s2 in another section of this website now as I have no regret, because the Bada Purer truly work. 

Can’t never again doubt the capability of China hifi. I don't blame you when the image of a China brand doesn’t look appealing, especially they keep chucking out various models without much consideration of Brand development, the lack of reputable review doesn’t help either. We should have a more pragmatic approach into the mainland equipment; the good stuff with very reasonable money is really there. Only thing is, are we ready to accept it with wide open arm?

adrian4454
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 722
Registration date : 2009-02-03

Back to top Go down

My China Amp called Bada Empty Re: My China Amp called Bada

Post by flintbatu Fri Jan 10, 2014 4:56 pm

Hi Adrian,

May I know how much is this amplifier? It sounds great from your layman write-up!

Who's the dealer too? Many thanks!

flintbatu

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2011-11-08

Back to top Go down

Post by adrian4454 Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:39 pm

Hi Flintbatu,
    Base cost is RM4500++. The shipping cost is RM650++, the tax duty is RM300++.. Luckily I requested them to under declare it.

I bought online, through Bada main website www.badahi-fi.com other sources like ebay and aliexpress cannot confirm how original it is.

Nobody carries this brand in Malaysia..or I maybe wrong Smile

adrian4454
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by flintbatu Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:52 pm

Thanks Adrian for the exhaustive info. Anyhow, it's totally out of my league with a poor man salary!

Enjoy your New toy! Many thanks

flintbatu

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2011-11-08

Back to top Go down

Post by boxer Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:30 am

saw this brand being sold by a dealer in amcorp mall previously, but now don't know lah....

boxer
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 622
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Back to top Go down

Post by scwong Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:48 am

Does it clear my doubt on China made equipment? Now, that write-up challenges my thought.  Nevertheless, interesting info and picture.  And not forgetting, that's exactly why China flew a rocket to the orbit and about to send a probe to Mars.  Thanks Andrew.

scwong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 223
Registration date : 2009-03-06

Character sheet
Source(s): cd format
Amplification: Integrated
Speakers: bookshelf

Back to top Go down

Post by sph Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:02 pm

Try this website from Hong Kong. Cost US$1145
http://www.cattylink.com/page516.html

sph
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 336
Registration date : 2009-03-04

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by adrian4454 Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:51 pm

Hi sph, cattylink is one of the many websites i tried before confirming on the purchase. The price at catty is very tempting, but they really never did reply any of my initial request. Furthermore, the version that they advertise is a previous version running on russian military mini tube. Something that they solder on, not plug in. U cant easily change it. 
There r just too many "experts" in china. An amp can be easily recond by them, especially those that have been around for sometime. Case in point, this bada 3.8 model. So i rather pay slightly higher cost to buy from original factory.

Hi wong,
      Thanks. Majority of the budget n midrange stuffs r from china. Europe has been taking advantage of this by rebranding some generic version. If u look closely about a month ago in stereophile review 1 low power class a amp look 90% of a unit selling at cattylink. There have been quite some contract manufacturing going on for a while now.

adrian4454
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sari Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:58 pm

Adrian, Thanks for a fantastic review. I too agreed that China equiment do deserve a more serious look. I am planning to get one of this.

sari
Regular
Regular

Number of posts : 86
Registration date : 2011-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Opera Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:31 am

Not sure why a lot of people still have negative thinking on China made products. Oooopss, maybe I should said "China Brand" products. Reason being is  people can accept or has no problem with "reputable brand" but Made In China but not Made In China that carry "China Brand" ?

Opera
Regular
Regular

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2009-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post by adrian4454 Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:21 am

Hi Opera,
    Thanks for the feedback. Well 1 is, the lack of publicity. Majority of the china brands are within the chinese speaking and reading media. Example, You can hardly find any review in english for this Bada 3.8mk amp.

The translation bits or english version of their website promoting their products, also have been shabby.

Also it doesnt help when their distributing network(aka online sales) fill with unknown source and with big range of price differences.

Not all are good stuff though, some brands are still below average. Just need to search deep in the web to find out the good one.

Key search: I look for the China magazine/website for award winning version of those local brands that made it.

adrian4454
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sph Tue Jan 28, 2014 6:32 pm

It's the same with Malaysia-made hifi equipment. Many will not have a second look at our locally made products until perhaps they have been reviewed in magazines like Stereophile.

sph
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by Opera Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:09 pm

Exactly, got review is good product. No review is lousy product.

Opera
Regular
Regular

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2009-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post by joydivision Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:29 am

To me hearing is believing. I'm using local DIY made power amp made by Frankie Voon driving my Wilson Audio Sophia 3. The dynamics and bass slam by the high current amp is phenomenal.
joydivision
joydivision
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 399
Registration date : 2009-05-10

Back to top Go down

Post by tansc Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:06 pm

Just to butt in on China made products, I am using a Little Dot Mk III tube headphone/pre-amp.  I am principally using it as a pre-amp nowadays.  The build quality speaks for itself and I am very happy with the sound quality.  Now I am spending too much money buying tubes for tube rolling........

And the itch is driving me upgrade to the Mk. IV. 

Resistance  is futile...........

tansc

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2014-02-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolger Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:41 pm

I bought a Mingda MC34-B with 6P3 tubes directly from the factory. Everything about the amp just blew me away, the contruction, quality SQ, its point to point hand soldered..every song feels sooo smooooth and mellow. And it's considered a little amp in comparison with Purer 3.8 as it's twice lighter... China things can be extremely good or opposite.

Wolger

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2014-05-14

Back to top Go down

Post by adrian4454 Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:57 am

Last edited by adrian4454 on Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:25 am; edited 1 time in total

adrian4454
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Choufleuri Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:38 pm

Hi Adrian4454,

I'm from France, and I plan to import this BADA 3.8mk, already equipped in Psvane tube, 12Ax7 and 12AU7 as well.

The price is really attractive, even adding customs taxes.

My question is, I have Kef Reference 203/1 as frontal speakers, and do you think this amp would drive them correctly. At the moment I have another Chinese amp, a Yaqin EL34 with 50W given power, this amp MS50B, is retubed and tweaked by a French Brand. I've noticed on my speakers a lack of power, and the high notes quite agressive.

Can you describe the sonic features of this amp, does it sound more tube or SS. I like very much the tube sound,  but my speakers won't.  Sad 

I'm really surprised that no reviews existed on the net, when we see how this amp's built, really professionnal, and Hi End components.

Do you know the power of both big transformer, I can't find this information online.

Thanks in advance for your reply, and hello from France  Very Happy

Choufleuri

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2014-08-23

Back to top Go down

Post by adrian4454 Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:28 pm

Hi Choufleuri, Nice to meet you. Thanks for the reply.
From what I can find from the wbe, your speaker sensitivity is 89db/w with 8 ohm. It should have no problem at all.

Compare to other SS amp, this is certainly a smoother and warmer performer. But certainly, it is not as warmth as some of the Tube amp. You can easily change it character by change the tube.

With the original tube, it sound bold and seemless from top to bottom. But a bit of grain. But with the branded tube, it has better smoothness and details. The PSVane can be a bit too warm at the bottom, that sometimes make bass a little bit less define.

I suggest you give it a min 100 hrs to break in before any serious evaluation of it sound. From cold it is very disappointing.

I have no information on the transformer also. But rest assure it is genuine and it is back-breaking heavy. It is very quiet also.

Do feedback on your findings after playing with it. Also you buy from Cattylink? Thanks.

adrian4454
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Choufleuri Mon Aug 25, 2014 5:30 pm

Hi adrian4454 and many thanks for your reply,

Ok, understand, I knew all kind of amps has to be broke in, and guess 100h is a minimum.

You think Psvane Tube are not a good choice, Full music could be a solution, or NOS Russian, have you tried other tubes ?

I haven't checkout the amp at the moment at cattylink, I'm still thinking about, I have a very good opportunity on a second hand Cayin H80A another Hybrid with 12AU7, but with less power 80 class A.

Yes, if i bought it, it will be on Cattyink, for me they replied every mail I've sent, and gave many interesting comment on its sonic performance, but I prefer having real life, than shop comments.

I like very much classic music and jazz, do you think on classic the Bada is good ? For classic music the problem is differences of dynamic between low and high volume parts, so with my Yaqin, i can't ear clearly low
parts, and high volume parts are to heavy.  Embarassed 

For sure, in case I bought the Bada, I will write a review.

Thanks in advance for the reply

Choufleuri

Back to top Go down

Post by adrian4454 Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:30 pm

Hi Choufleuri, both premium Chinese tubes r good, it just has different flavor between them. I will suggest u start with to full music since classic n jazz need great dynamic.
U may want to play around with the kef multiple binding post tweak the sound, try cross shape binding. Majority of the branded cables do too much by adding air to the higher frequency, often throw the balance off system. 

The great part of it, is u can tweak it easily by chaning tubes. U can also give the generic ceramic fuse a try.
Hope to hear from u on ur new amp.

adrian4454
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Choufleuri Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:18 pm

Hi Adrian,

Thanks for your reply, if I bought it, it will be with Psvane TII tube, I will try Full Music too, both of that tubes are very good, and I have some NOS at home... Good occasion to play and have fun Very Happy

Have you changed all the 7 fuses, I saw on the pictures 6 are located at the same place, have you checked their features ?

Cattylink promise me to change the power fuse (IEC) with a XINDAK gold fuse, we'll see.

Did you noticed a great power reservation on the Bada at low volume, in fact it's that i search for.

Choufleuri

Back to top Go down

Post by adrian4454 Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:05 am

Hi Choufleuri,
Yes, there are 6 fuses inside the casing, there is 1 more at the IEC Plug entry area. I change to generic Bussman ceramic fuse.

Frankly speaking, Xindak only have 2 values in their fuse range. And it is just silver, nothing as gold. I've 1 fuse using Xindak, because that is the only value fit. It is not possible for other fuse. The value is different, better not to over or under rate the fuse values.

This is the area where the 3.8MK did quite well. Low volume resolution. Both speakers EPOS and Dynaudio I tried did very well with low volume play. Dynamic and details still present in low volume.

adrian4454
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Choufleuri Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:01 am

Thanks Adrian for all these clear explanations, I will write a review once I'll receveid the amp.

Thanx

Choufleuri

Back to top Go down

Post by sari Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:53 pm

Hi Adrian,
Beside Epos and Dynaudio, what other speakers do you think will do well with this Bada. Is sensitivity of the speaker an important consideration or the impedence will also affect the outcome?

sari
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by adrian4454 Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:25 pm

Hi sari, that's the only speakers I have. Amp with 100watt n more generally do well with most speakers. But that got nothing to do with matching for great sound.
Sensitivity and impedance both give u a basic guideline on how hungry the speaker is, but not the ultimate definition, as those are nominal Value only. Speakers manufacturers often state minimum watt for the speaker to work well. 

Each person perceive loudness n dynamic very differently. 10 good watt can run a 86db/w to decent loudness, but may not sound dynamic. In the same context, 1 watt can push to 86db and 2 watt give u additional 3db, 4 watt give u another 3db. So the 10watt give u around 95db. That's loud. But music often require dynamic expression to make it more true to form. So, it basically depend how u need ur music to be served.

adrian4454
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Choufleuri Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:12 am

Hi Adrian,

One more question, what is the damping factor of this amp, a friend of mine told me he saws on the net a value of 350, but Cattyling tech told me this value was impossible.

Have you any idea ?

I think damping factor is important for the bass notes precision.

Choufleuri

Back to top Go down

Post by adrian4454 Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:56 am

Hi Choufleuri, I never did ask. U can look into badahi-fi.com. Their tech team May able to get u the figure.
Don't be overly taken by spec. Great sound sometimes doesn't rely completely on that.

adrian4454
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sari Sun Nov 16, 2014 11:37 pm

My Bada Purer 3.8MK come with 2 smaller tube. Not sure what tube is it.
I got the amp directly from Bada also.

My China Amp called Bada 20141113_184543_zps54820c9a

sari
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by sph Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:15 am

I see the same amp with the 2 smaller tubes) in the website below:
http://www.audioalchemy.ro/amplif/bada/badapurer38mk.htm

Is this the latest model?

sph
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by adrian4454 Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:05 pm

Hi Sph, contemplating on getting one Smile ?

I remember replying this before in the web. Anyway, this may have been 1 of the few versions of there. I did come across this one while searching for the Bada Purer 3.8MK. But I got Bada to supply me with the exchangable valve version.

If I am not mistaken, the tiny tube is a Russian Military tube. Which require to solder on board instead of plug and play. Could last the life time of the amp I suppose. I dont think Bada pull out this version anymore. The plug and play allow you to change the sound of the amp easily with different quality of tubes.

adrian4454
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sph Mon Nov 17, 2014 1:53 pm

I WAS considering the Bada not too long ago after you posted the  review. But I have got myself an Odyssey power amp recently.

The Bada do look impressive in the specs and I am sure it does sound impressive too. The 150w in 8ohms doubling in 4ohms says much for its power handing with difficult speaker loads. 

I would like to hear listen to your Bada one of these days when I am down in Malacca.

Cheers.

sph
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by sari Tue Nov 18, 2014 12:51 am

i have compare it to a BMC C1 and I find that Bada sound warmer and has better staging. I do prefer Bada more.

sari
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by adrian4454 Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:15 pm

Hi Sari,
      Sorry didnt see your post yesterday. Thanks for sharing. Now that make 2 of us! I found the type of miniature tube on your Bada last time when I was doing "research" on this amp online. I can't remember now. But if you do search around you will find it.

I remember finding quite some ppls selling it online too. Because it isnt a direct plug in by it original design, so it find little use among the commercial market. But I read it is a very superior valve.

Hi Sph,
     Base on previous reply from Bada tech team, the 4 ohm reads around 225 watt. Not really double. Yes do let me know if u wanna hear how it is.. franly speaking, my setup still going to some tweaking after speaker change.. still hasnt find the satisfying tone yet Smile

adrian4454
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by limsze Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:26 am

These review was dated 2014, 6 years ago. I have started to look for China HIFI since reading this review. Many things has change in China technology, Huawei is so advance that US....must kill them. HIFI is a low tech goods. I have been slowly change to China made equipment one by one, only left speaker which is also China Taiwan. 

Looking for a good replacemenet for Usher Mini Dancer 2 speaker from China.

Can't be go against price as a HIFI consumer. Just need to know how to find a right one.

limsze
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 137
Registration date : 2014-07-07

ertorque likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down