Hi-Fi 4 Sale - Malaysia / Singapore Audio Forum & Marketplace | www.hifi4sale.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

440Hz.my - expanding musical horizons
Subscribe to our Feed
addtomyyahoo4 Subscribe with BloglinesAdd to netvibes
Add to Google

Pangea Audio AC-14 @ 0.6m and Merlin Huntsman @ 1.7m mains cables

Go down

Pangea Audio AC-14 @ 0.6m and Merlin Huntsman @ 1.7m mains cables Empty Pangea Audio AC-14 @ 0.6m and Merlin Huntsman @ 1.7m mains cables

Post by alamdamai1 Sat Dec 20, 2014 3:36 pm

Just to share my experience on mains cables for the abovementioned makes which i had purchased them for the past 2 weeks....

Pangea Audio AC-14
This US-plug cable is only 0.6m long as i could not afford to get its 1.5m version but compared to my stock marantz network player power cord, the pangea cord performed leaps & bounds in opening the soundstage which i considered to be very impressive for such a short length of cable...treble and bass notes could now be heard more clearly and nuances of the singer is more 'life like'...overall, for an investment of RM120 (brought it from Amazon US via Lowyat Forum USA Spree Service), this is really a worthwhile upgrade...

Merlin Huntsman
Brought this UK-plug power cord on-line from Futureshop UK at RM160 and upon replacing my stock cyrus & naim mains cables, found the improvement to be marginal only...mids now sound a bit smoother while bass is more audible by a little bit, say about 5 -10%...for a budget cable, can't complain much on its performance until when i've funds to get the Pangea Audio AC-9 power cord!!! Twisted Evil

alamdamai1
Regular
Regular

Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2011-12-28

Character sheet
Source(s): Marantz UDP 7007
Amplification: Cyrus 6a, Naim NAP 100
Speakers: KEF Q900

Back to top Go down