Hi-Fi 4 Sale - Malaysia / Singapore Audio Forum & Marketplace | www.hifi4sale.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

440Hz.my - expanding musical horizons
Subscribe to our Feed
addtomyyahoo4 Subscribe with BloglinesAdd to netvibes
Add to Google

Anthem MCA 5 Multichannel Power Amplifier for sale(not for sale anymore)

2 posters

Go down

Anthem MCA 5 Multichannel Power Amplifier for sale(not for sale anymore) Empty Anthem MCA 5 Multichannel Power Amplifier for sale(not for sale anymore)

Post by fireballmivec6315 Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:44 am

Silver face Anthem MCA 5 Multichannel Power Amplifier(by sonic frontier-200 watts at 8 ohms) 8/10 due to age for sale. Sound is in excellent condition.Anthem MCA 5 Multichannel Power Amplifier for sale(not for sale anymore) Mca_510Anthem MCA 5 Multichannel Power Amplifier for sale(not for sale anymore) Anthem10Anthem MCA 5 Multichannel Power Amplifier for sale(not for sale anymore) Anthem11
New Price in year 2000: RM5316 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malaysian_ringgit - rate at year 2000 is 3.800
Dimensions: 17.25" W by 5.25" H by 17" D
Weight: 56 lbs.
Warranty: Five years parts and labor
Features:
• 200Wpc power output at 8 Ohms
• Two transformers
• Auto-on switch
• Trigger-on switch
• Single-ended and XLR inputs
• Detachable power cord
• Custom binding posts
Besides delivering more power, the MCA 5 was a step up in terms of refinement too. I summarize the sound as being exceedingly clean and tight without being the least bit bright or edgy. The MCA 5 sounds fast and transparent, meaning it paints a vivid sonic picture that has excellent clarity. As well, this amp is quiet, perhaps quieter than any other I’ve heard at its price point. As a result, resolution seems to be stepped up some. Dialogue is more intelligible, and subtle nuances that seemed masked in a more grainy, woolly sound are more apparent and distinct. From top to bottom of the frequency spectrum, there was a cleaner more lively sound that brought more excitement to soundtracks. While the compressed digital format that surround sound relies upon is hardly the ultimate test in assessing refinement, rest assured that I played plenty of music CDs, and the same type of improvements were heard. In fact, I heard nothing in the performance that would indicate that the MCA series of amps could not be used for music listening alone. Obviously you don’t need five channels of power for a stereo system. If I were in the market for a two-channel music-only amp, I would certainly give the MCA 2 a listen given its very reasonable price
Unquote
Interested party can leave your contact no and name. I will contact you asap.

Last edited by fireballmivec6315 on Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:44 am; edited 1 time in total
fireballmivec6315
fireballmivec6315
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 285
Registration date : 2012-02-24

Back to top Go down

Anthem MCA 5 Multichannel Power Amplifier for sale(not for sale anymore) Empty 0194549245

Post by ybseow Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:01 pm

fireballmivec6315 wrote:Silver face Anthem MCA 5 Multichannel Power Amplifier(by sonic frontier-200 watts at 8 ohms) 8/10 due to age for sale at RM3000.  Sound is in excellent condition.Anthem MCA 5 Multichannel Power Amplifier for sale(not for sale anymore) Mca_510Anthem MCA 5 Multichannel Power Amplifier for sale(not for sale anymore) Anthem10Anthem MCA 5 Multichannel Power Amplifier for sale(not for sale anymore) Anthem11
New Price in year 2000: RM5316 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malaysian_ringgit  - rate at year 2000 is 3.800
Dimensions: 17.25" W by 5.25" H by 17" D
Weight: 56 lbs.
Warranty: Five years parts and labor
Features:
• 200Wpc power output at 8 Ohms
• Two transformers
• Auto-on switch
• Trigger-on switch
• Single-ended and XLR inputs
• Detachable power cord
• Custom binding posts
Besides delivering more power, the MCA 5 was a step up in terms of refinement too. I summarize the sound as being exceedingly clean and tight without being the least bit bright or edgy. The MCA 5 sounds fast and transparent, meaning it paints a vivid sonic picture that has excellent clarity. As well, this amp is quiet, perhaps quieter than any other I’ve heard at its price point. As a result, resolution seems to be stepped up some. Dialogue is more intelligible, and subtle nuances that seemed masked in a more grainy, woolly sound are more apparent and distinct. From top to bottom of the frequency spectrum, there was a cleaner more lively sound that brought more excitement to soundtracks. While the compressed digital format that surround sound relies upon is hardly the ultimate test in assessing refinement, rest assured that I played plenty of music CDs, and the same type of improvements were heard. In fact, I heard nothing in the performance that would indicate that the MCA series of amps could not be used for music listening alone. Obviously you don’t need five channels of power for a stereo system. If I were in the market for a two-channel music-only amp, I would certainly give the MCA 2 a listen given its very reasonable price
Unquote
Interested party can leave your contact no and name. I will contact you asap.

ybseow
Regular
Regular

Number of posts : 89
Registration date : 2015-03-09

Back to top Go down