Hi-Fi 4 Sale - Malaysia / Singapore Audio Forum & Marketplace | www.hifi4sale.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

440Hz.my - expanding musical horizons
Subscribe to our Feed
addtomyyahoo4 Subscribe with BloglinesAdd to netvibes
Add to Google

Sony SXRD Projector - Panel degradation issues

4 posters

Go down

Sony SXRD Projector - Panel degradation issues Empty Sony SXRD Projector - Panel degradation issues

Post by mpyw Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:58 pm

Hi,

Any owner of Sony SXRD Projector here have the panel (optical block) degradation issue that all colours went wrong, un-adjustable brightness, loss in contrast and lousy gamma after just a few hundred hours?

My HW30ES are un-watchable after just 600 hours, and the repair cost quoted by Sony is a whoopy RM14k!!!

The discussion in AVS forum:-
http://www.avsforum.com/forum/24-digital-hi-end-projectors-3-000-usd-msrp/2247282-sony-sxrd-degradation-thread-effects-all-current-sony-sxrd-1080p-4k-panels.html

http://www.avsforum.com/forum/24-digital-hi-end-projectors-3-000-usd-msrp/1436366-sony-lcos-panel-degradation-5-yrs-constant-use.html

and in the German HiFI Forum:-
https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.hifi-forum.de%2Fviewthread-94-13697-80.html&edit-text=

mpyw
Regular
Regular

Number of posts : 88
Registration date : 2009-01-19

Back to top Go down

Sony SXRD Projector - Panel degradation issues Empty Re: Sony SXRD Projector - Panel degradation issues

Post by Anwar Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:50 am

Wow, that is really bad.  Why 14k to replace the panel?  It is cheaper to buy a brand new projector.

My HW40ES still has low hours and I hope it does not have similar issue.  I had bad experiences with previous projectors - they degraded before the light bulb dies.
Anwar
Anwar
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2011-01-08

Character sheet
Source(s): AAMS+, Marantz SA-10, Oppo UDP-205, TW Raven Two + TW 10.5 with Benz LP-S + Triplanar VII with Quintet Black, Audio Research REF Phono 2SE
Amplification: Bent Audio silver slagleformer preamp, Bryston 10B-SUB, McIntosh MC452 for front, MC303 for center and rear
Speakers: Focal Diablo Utopia III for LCR, Focal IW 1002 Be for rear, 2 x JL Audio Fathom f113 subs

Back to top Go down

Sony SXRD Projector - Panel degradation issues Empty Re: Sony SXRD Projector - Panel degradation issues

Post by dirtrun Wed Jan 27, 2016 4:05 am

Hi,

I hv de 55 n so far no issues..
on prblmatic pj's - l do have a JVC hd250 which has the pink band problem..
Nothing much can be done unless plan to spend 'big money'
[hence the 55 - thou it isnt really replacing it cos using both .. at the moment..]
My ol Epson tw700 [which in theory should encounter more problems] was trouble free ..
[well.. at least until l uprgdd to the 250..]

Sighss Crying or Very sad
D

dirtrun
Regular
Regular

Number of posts : 89
Registration date : 2009-06-12

Back to top Go down

Post by mpyw Thu Jan 28, 2016 1:30 pm

Look like HW40 also in the list now as reported in AVS forum

mpyw
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by mpyw Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:13 am

So, the suspected causes of the problem had surface.....and Sony knew it for all this while...

http://pastebin.com/hKbCCbJf

mpyw
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by chiangeg Fri Apr 01, 2016 8:49 am

I want to share my experience too, I had a HW30ES... the degration is very severe, too much blue-ish light leakage onto the screen..unadjustable.

I went ahead and bought HW40ES to replace, and I experience same thing happening again at just 350 hours, left side of the screen blue-ish light leakage again ! I can see left side brighter than right side easily. Just bought for few months..warranty still available..I should send back for replacement.

chiangeg
Club Member
Club Member

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2013-11-11

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by Anwar Mon Jul 18, 2016 6:29 am

I had this ghost problem with my HW40ES during the second year of use.  Total hours = 83 only.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwgcJyeFdUA

I sent it back for warranty repair a month before expiry.  The optical block was replaced under warranty, which otherwise would have cost me RM5.3k.  I hope it can last another few years.  If the problem comes back, it is not worth repairing anymore.
Anwar
Anwar
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2011-01-08

Character sheet
Source(s): AAMS+, Marantz SA-10, Oppo UDP-205, TW Raven Two + TW 10.5 with Benz LP-S + Triplanar VII with Quintet Black, Audio Research REF Phono 2SE
Amplification: Bent Audio silver slagleformer preamp, Bryston 10B-SUB, McIntosh MC452 for front, MC303 for center and rear
Speakers: Focal Diablo Utopia III for LCR, Focal IW 1002 Be for rear, 2 x JL Audio Fathom f113 subs

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down