Hi-Fi 4 Sale - Malaysia / Singapore Audio Forum & Marketplace | www.hifi4sale.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

440Hz.my - expanding musical horizons
Subscribe to our Feed
addtomyyahoo4 Subscribe with BloglinesAdd to netvibes
Add to Google

Wireworld Starlight 5² HDMI cable (New)

5 posters

Go down

Wireworld Starlight 5² HDMI cable (New) Empty Wireworld Starlight 5² HDMI cable (New)

Post by 5151 Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:29 pm

Wireworld Starlight 5² HDMI cable (New) Starlight
Latest model. This is v1.3b Cat2 (10.2Gbps) compliant HDMI cable. No loss for up to 20M!

I have 2 sets available. 2m long, new in box. RM830 each.

I also have a few other models. Please check out my other ads or email for more info if interested. Email: 5151ebay@gmail.com

Dealer\Reseller\Trader\Service Provider

Number of posts : 1920
Registration date : 2009-01-19

http://hificable10.blogspot.com/view/snapshot

Back to top Go down

Wireworld Starlight 5² HDMI cable (New) Empty Re: Wireworld Starlight 5² HDMI cable (New)

Post by tycham Wed Mar 04, 2009 5:04 pm

Hi

Is this cable capable of removing or reducing picture noise on HDTV when watching Standard TV transmission?

Regards
tycham
tycham
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 720
Registration date : 2009-02-26

Character sheet
Source(s): Digital
Amplification: Solid State
Speakers: Bookshelf

Back to top Go down

Wireworld Starlight 5² HDMI cable (New) Empty Re: Wireworld Starlight 5² HDMI cable (New)

Post by 5151 Wed Mar 04, 2009 5:23 pm

If you're certain that the problem is linked to your existing cable, then this cable may help.

However, IMHO, it should be an inherent noise which has got something to do with the scaling process; in which case the answer to your problem should be the scaler.

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Dexsam Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:35 pm

tycham wrote:Hi

Is this cable capable of removing or reducing picture noise on HDTV when watching Standard TV transmission?

Regards

Firstly, 'uaidroup' should mind his language and not belittle others whether they are selling their wares or ignorant about something. I am not suggesting that expensive cables are better or vice versa, but imho (and many others) cables DO make a difference for analogue or digital signals. Otherwise there would be no market for digital ICs. I for one would not replace my Stereovox XV2 digital cable with a supermarket cable.

To answer "tycham" firstly we need to understand your question. You mentioned HDTV (there is no HDTV transmission in Msia, not even Astro, only in USA & other countries) which I believe you meant LCD or plasma TV with HD resolution of 1080p. Then you talk about watching standard TV transm, like TV3 for eg., then what you need is a coaxial cable for aerials not HDMI cable. You have to adjust your aerial to reduce noise in TV picture. HDMI cable is the cable if you use Blu-ray players as source connected to either a HDTV or projector. It is also used to connect other sources like dvd players via newer AV amps, all HDMI equipped, of course.

Dexsam

Number of posts : 12

Back to top Go down

Post by Hi-Fi 4 Sale Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:42 am

uaidroup wrote:Let me repeat what I said earlier to another post:

When will the average moron realise that for HDMI expensive cable makes no difference from the RM26 cable you can buy in Carrefour?

HMDI is a digital interface and therefore any decent cable will suffice just as long as it gets the signal there. There is no degradation in digital, you either have it or you do not.

Let me be clear, a digital signal does not degrade and any decent cable will look just as good as this one.

uaidroup,
Welcome to Hi-Fi 4 Sale, where we have a diverse community of audiophiles looking to trade equipment as well as share some thoughts.

Mutual respect is one of the most important keys to communicatiing online, especially since body language is not visible (partially aided by emoticons).

You may not experience any difference in performance between different HDMI cables. However, that doesn't mean that others don't benefit from a better cable. Theory alone does not explain everything and besides, no single theory is all-encompassing.

Witness the continued progress in CD replay since the CD tagline 'Perfect Sound' by Sony/Philips in 1983/84. Many then thought that bits is bits. It has not proven so and the body of knowledge has been steadily added to since then, which includes among others the notion of jitter, upsampling, digital filtering, power supplies, transport quality etc.

We all have different definitions of enjoyment in this hobby. If you disagree on this view or wish to state a different one, by all means express it in a more constructive way. Otherwise, stay out of it or else you may impart a negative influence. We don't need consensus here. Mutual respect and a well put-forth argument is always welcome, but not flaming or rude remarks.

There's a forum of MartinLogan owners out there that's just that: a great forum, with a positive sphere of discussion among members. It takes all of us to make this happen.
http://www.martinloganowners.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13

Thanks,
Hi-Fi 4 Sale
Hi-Fi 4 Sale
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 934
Registration date : 2008-12-06

Character sheet
Source(s): Streamer
Amplification: Amps
Speakers: Speakers

https://www.hifi4sale.net

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by tycham Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:33 pm

Many thanks to 5151 for the prompt reply. Your cable max. TMDS bandwidth of 10.2Gbits/s, as compare to the version 1.0 to 1.2a cable, is already the highest in the market at the moment, so I have no doubt of its performance when use for watching HDTV (STARHUB CH 300, 301, 302, 304) from where I come from. But the majority of the programs of our cable tv are still in Standard TV transmission.

Though std transmission is in analogue @576P, it does benefit from the use of a standard HDMI ( only cables with the official HDMI logo) that comes free with my HP computer in that the picture are less pixellated on big screen compared to the use of component cables.

I was thinking that since you own this high end HDMI cable you might have some experience on its use in standard tv transmission.

Thanks to dexsam for your input too. Your choice of the Stereovox VX2 is an excellent one. Residents in JB and maybe as far north to Yong Peng might have the benefits of enjoying free HDTV from TCS Channel 5 everynight at 10pm if they have a HD DVB-T MPEG-4 AVC Set-top box connected to their antenna and a HD ready TV (at least 720P) unless this signal had been blocked.
tycham
tycham
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 720
Registration date : 2009-02-26

Character sheet
Source(s): Digital
Amplification: Solid State
Speakers: Bookshelf

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexsam Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:23 pm

Tycham, sorry I assumed youre in Msia and using TV in the Msian context, lucky you - to receive HDTV signals, poor me in KL don't know when our Malaysian TV stations and Astro gonna go hi-def, so no HD DVB to talk about in KL area at this moment. Here, we use only HDMI to hook up a Blu ray player, some dvd player, and of course the Sony PS3, not much use beyond that. Unless some of you are receiving free-to-air HD signals direct from other satellites.

Thanks to Admin for stepping in, at least we know the moderators are observing.

Dexsam

Number of posts : 12

Back to top Go down

Post by 5151 Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:28 pm

tycham wrote:Many thanks to 5151 for the prompt reply. Your cable max. TMDS bandwidth of 10.2Gbits/s, as compare to the version 1.0 to 1.2a cable, is already the highest in the market at the moment, so I have no doubt of its performance when use for watching HDTV (STARHUB CH 300, 301, 302, 304) from where I come from. But the majority of the programs of our cable tv are still in Standard TV transmission.

Though std transmission is in analogue @576P, it does benefit from the use of a standard HDMI ( only cables with the official HDMI logo) that comes free with my HP computer in that the picture are less pixellated on big screen compared to the use of component cables.

I was thinking that since you own this high end HDMI cable you might have some experience on its use in standard tv transmission.

Thanks to dexsam for your input too. Your choice of the Stereovox VX2 is an excellent one. Residents in JB and maybe as far north to Yong Peng might have the benefits of enjoying free HDTV from TCS Channel 5 everynight at 10pm if they have a HD DVB-T MPEG-4 AVC Set-top box connected to their antenna and a HD ready TV (at least 720P) unless this signal had been blocked.

You're welcome, tycham. You guys in Singapore are so lucky to be the first in this region to have free HD channel.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hi-Fi 4 Sale Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:39 am

uaidroup wrote:

In the case of HDMI cables we are NOT dealing with processing at all. All the processing is done INSIDE the source. All the data will again be processed INSIDE the display. The HDMI cable is just supposed to carry the DATA (NOT signal) from the HDMI out of the source to the HDMI in of the display WITHOUT any CHANGE to the data.
uaidroup,
Your assumption on how HDMI signal transmission works is too limited to draw a simplistic conclusion of non-processing at the cable level. The laws of physics (in this case, copper/silver or any conductor material) will ultimately lead to some form of inadvertent processing in terms of bit errors or jitter (right data in the wrong sequence)

Firstly, there may be changes in data in the form of bit errors as shown here: http://www.octavainc.com/Clear%20Eye%20difference.htm

Secondly, even if there were no bit errors, jitter can still take place, affecting the timing of the signal: http://www.eetasia.com/ARTICLES/2008JAN/PDF/EEOL_2008JAN16_INTD_DT_TA.pdf?SOURCES=DOWNLOAD

uaidroup wrote:
Even in the case of analogue signals, while there is a marked improvement from bargain-basement cables to better constructed cables, the response curve of a plot between cost and quality is an S-curve -i.e., after a while the improvement is imperceptible in comparison to the additional moolah you are spending.
Everyone has a different S-curve. Some people have a more generous S-curve and if they are willing and able to spend the dough, they will derive benefit from the product.

uaidroup wrote:
In the case of HDMI cables if you can see a difference in picture quality (assuming exactly same source and display) between a decent cable and a exorbitant cable like this one, well, (I'm trying to avoid unparliamentary language) you are victim to the placebo effect and your eyes are totally deceiving you.

I'm sorry but anyone who thinks spending RM830 on an HDMI cable is a good investment really needs to do at least a blind test.

Here, it may be the placebo effect or deception taking place, but it's in the opposite direction of what you mentioned. Too much theory of a limited scope may be clouding one's judgment and blind you to the empirical benefits. Your (limited) theory says 'It can't happen', but it's there waiting to be seen. Many things happen in life that are initially unexplainable due to a limited body of knowledge, only to be deciphered when a new discovery, empirical research or theory is posited.

You & I are not cable designers/engineers. Let the market decide for themselves whether a difference exists and be open about it. You have nothing to lose here by sitting on the fence and not spending $$$. However, there are others who want better and willing to give things a try, take the journey, make headway (despite a few stumbles) and benefit in the long-term.
Hi-Fi 4 Sale
Hi-Fi 4 Sale
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 934
Registration date : 2008-12-06

Character sheet
Source(s): Streamer
Amplification: Amps
Speakers: Speakers

https://www.hifi4sale.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down