Hi-Fi 4 Sale - Malaysia / Singapore Audio Forum & Marketplace | www.hifi4sale.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

440Hz.my - expanding musical horizons
Subscribe to our Feed
addtomyyahoo4 Subscribe with BloglinesAdd to netvibes
Add to Google

Howdy folks!

+2
sskong
sting
6 posters

Go down

Howdy folks! Empty Howdy folks!

Post by sting Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:19 pm

Let's make this website as good as before with essential info and photos is the most important...you know picture paints a thousand words...cheers buddy!
sting
sting
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 456
Registration date : 2009-01-19

Character sheet
Source(s): Sony Discman
Amplification: BmB karaoke amplifier
Speakers: Jalan Pasar diy speakers

http://sting-journey.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Howdy folks! Empty Re: Howdy folks!

Post by sskong Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:25 pm

Sting, I agree with you. The old blog is much better and organize.

The current blog, is same as echoloft ...less pictures and no updates on the item whether it is sold.

sskong
Club Member
Club Member

Number of posts : 40

Back to top Go down

Post by Hi-Fi 4 Sale Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:53 pm

We don't have a choice since Blogger doesn't allow more than 100 authors. The tradeoff in using a forum engine such as this is to allow an almost unlimited number of members. We would have loved to have all posts right in front.

One way to overcome this is to bookmark the 'Audio & Video Equipment For Sale' page.

If the item is sold, you can always mark it as SOLD in the Subject field.
Hi-Fi 4 Sale
Hi-Fi 4 Sale
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 934
Registration date : 2008-12-06

Character sheet
Source(s): Streamer
Amplification: Amps
Speakers: Speakers

https://www.hifi4sale.net

Back to top Go down

Post by sting Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:38 am

Yes, the old blog is much better but we've got no choice. So, in order to make this web fun like before, let's do it like the previous one. Photos on every posts for item for sale would be great and admin must disable post reply function so that the thread will not be too cluttered.

Thus, all the details such as price, contact, conditions, photos must be emphasized on every post.
sting
sting
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by scudracer Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:36 am

Hi Sting. Loved you in DUNE.

Just wondering, hope you don't mind me saying this but wouldn't a chat thread be better in the discussion section rather than the "AV equipment for sale" section?

My humble opinion only. Please don't be offended.
scudracer
scudracer
Club Member
Club Member

Number of posts : 41

http://www.bikervoodoo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by sting Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:48 am

Not at all my friend. I put it in here just to get direct hit and make as effective as possible.

And to Admin, you may delete this thread if you think it has reached to all music/hifi lovers in the 24hrs.

cheers!
sting
sting
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by aiman04 Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:07 am

Hi everyone,

I think it'll be easier if there are subforums in this AV equipment section. Something like this:

Loudspeakers
Amplifiers
Interconnects
CD players

etc.
aiman04
aiman04
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 115
Registration date : 2009-01-21

Character sheet
Source(s): Sony BDP-S7200
Amplification: Marantz SR5007
Speakers: KEF LS50, SVS SB13-Ultra

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexsam Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:11 am

Hi Sting and all,

In my opinion, the AUDIOGON site is best organised in terms of buying/selling hifi, especially if you know exactly what you are looking for. The items are categorized so well and and a straight forward search with the BRAND or MODEL normally shows up with several item(s) one look for and they are all laid out in a list for comparison and most importantly you can more or less see the 'market price'.

The 'old' format is good in the sense that you dont have to 'click' on each posting to see the details (including photos) but would be slow if your internet connection is not fast enough. Still you need to be 'free' and check the site once a day in order not to miss anything. This new format is 'echoloft' style and you need to do many clicks in order to 'see' details and rather 'cluttered' with alot of links and topics.

It would be great if someone can do a "AUDIOGON" lookalike combining postings from both MALAYSIA and SINGAPORE. The well planned "categories/sub categories" is such a wonderful tool that is not found here.

Anyway, to the guys behind Hifi4sale, a sincere congratulation and thanks for the great effort and contribution.

Best regards and a safe and Happy CNY/holidays to everyone! Very Happy

Dexsam

Number of posts : 12

Back to top Go down

Post by Hi-Fi 4 Sale Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:27 am

Dexsam wrote:Hi Sting and all,

In my opinion, the AUDIOGON site is best organised in terms of buying/selling hifi, especially if you know exactly what you are looking for. The items are categorized so well and and a straight forward search with the BRAND or MODEL normally shows up with several item(s) one look for and they are all laid out in a list for comparison and most importantly you can more or less see the 'market price'.

The 'old' format is good in the sense that you dont have to 'click' on each posting to see the details (including photos) but would be slow if your internet connection is not fast enough. Still you need to be 'free' and check the site once a day in order not to miss anything. This new format is 'echoloft' style and you need to do many clicks in order to 'see' details and rather 'cluttered' with alot of links and topics.

It would be great if someone can do a "AUDIOGON" lookalike combining postings from both MALAYSIA and SINGAPORE. The well planned "categories/sub categories" is such a wonderful tool that is not found here.

Anyway, to the guys behind Hifi4sale, a sincere congratulation and thanks for the great effort and contribution.

Best regards and a safe and Happy CNY/holidays to everyone! Very Happy

Hi Dexsam,
Firstly, thank you for your suggestions.
Actually, our future intention is also to breakdown the equipment by sub-forums. However, due to the volume of items being offered in Malaysia/Singapore, as well as the newness of this forum engine, the subsections/subforums (eg. CD players, turntables, amps, speakers, cables, accessories) may be too sparsely populated. Ince we reach critical mass, we will do so.
This feature is enabled in this forum engine, but not on the front page.

These are all open source tools. We're trying to enable as many features as we see fit, but as you know, Audiogon is a paid site, whereas Hi-Fi 4 Sale is a free website. As we've sent out an earlier mail to former hifi4sale.blogspot.com members, we are looking for assistance in customising the pages. Some HTML knowledge would be helpful.
Hi-Fi 4 Sale
Hi-Fi 4 Sale
Admin
Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Hi-Fi 4 Sale Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:49 am

Hi All,
Topic moved to a more appropriate forum.
Hi-Fi 4 Sale
Hi-Fi 4 Sale
Admin
Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sting Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:29 pm

Mr Admin,

Why don't we do it right at beginning by setting up sub-forums?. At least we can start with most popular items such AMP (pre/pwr/int), Speakers, Digital & Accessories (cables, cones..etc).
sting
sting
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Howdy folks! Empty Forum pages are loaded/displayed much slower now

Post by Dexsam Sat Apr 04, 2009 7:25 am

sting wrote:Mr Admin,

Why don't we do it right at beginning by setting up sub-forums?. At least we can start with most popular items such AMP (pre/pwr/int), Speakers, Digital & Accessories (cables, cones..etc).

I notice that the pages got loaded on screen much slower nowadays. For example the Home page takes sometime (in tens of seconds) to get loaded. At first I thought its Streamyx fault but a click on Echoloft and other sites got instant response and they are displayed within 1 second. I dont know the problem, maybe your server loading, but I would like to suggest that the pictures be reduced in size. For example, when on the HOME page, the right sidebar shows the latest few posts' pictures in FULL size and this takes time to load as their hosts maybe slow too. I suggest Hifi4sale host computer capture "thumbnails" of these picture and store in-house with the links and users only download and display the full size picture from their respective hosts when they click on it. In this way it should operate much faster, presently we may not be interested in certain items but still need to wait forever for it to get downloaded.

Dexsam

Number of posts : 12

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum