Condition: 8.5/10. Item is in excellent condition.
[size=33]Van Den Hul The CS-122 Hybrid Speaker Cable - Custom Length[/size]
This twin lead loudspeaker cable is the twin version of the CS - 12 HF. Main aim is to provide a high quality flat twin lead cable at a low price. The 2 conductors are made of 147 strands of 0.16 mm. diameter high purity Matched Crystal OFC with a very dense pure silver coating. Each conductor exhibits a cross-section area of 2.96 mm, equalling AWG 12.5. Covering the two conductors you find an extra Linear Structured Carbon :registered: saturated layer to improve the sonic performance and to transform the radiated magnetic field into an audio-signal again. The resistance per lead is: 0.58 Ohm/100 meter. The capacitance between the 2 leads is: 32 pF/meter. The cable jacket is made of our HULLIFLEX :registered: 3, a very flexible and mechanically superb insulation material. The insulation of the plus and minus leads is different in shape with printing in the flat middle section. Both properties are easy polarity finders. Type printing on every 25 cm. (10") makes cutting of specified lengths very easy. This cable is available in a very attractive matt cream colour. Our 4.0 mm. Ø cable entrance diameter Bus type Universal Speaker Connectors and our DIY Screw-On Speaker Connectors are excellently suited for the CS122 HYBRID.
"The CS-122 Hybrid is an updated version of one of vdH’s classic speaker cables, and sports two conductors made of 147 strands of 0.16mm diameter, high-purity, matched-crystal oxygen-free copper with a very dense pure-silver coating, alongside a carbon saturated layer that is said to improve the sound. The cable jacket is also made of Hulliflex and is described as “a very attractive matt cream colour”. During the debrief one of our panelists counters: “it looks like something you see in a hospital”!."
HiFi Choice Group Winner August 2013
- Please note, you need to enter a quantity of 2 for a pair
- Cable Type: Twin conductor
- Conductor Material: HYBRID: High purity dense Silver coated high purity Matched Crystal OFC + Linear Structured Carbon saturated layer(s)
- Design Purpose / Application Area(s): Loudspeaker cable
- Eff. Conductor Ø/Eq. AWG No./Strands: 2x(2.96 mm / AWG 12.5 / 147)
- External Diameter / Dimensions: 16.5 mm. wide; 6.0 mm. thick
- Resistance 20 °C / 68 °F: 0.58 Ohm/100 m
- Capacitance: 32 pF/m
- Insulation / Dielectric Strength / Test Voltage: HULLIFLEX 3 / 300 Vrms min
- Connector Types Suitable: Our 4.0 mm. Ø cable entrance diameter Bus type Universal Speaker Connectors or our DIY Screw-On Speaker Connectors; Both custom mountable on ordered lengths
- Standard Sales Units / Lengths: 100m reels; With connectors mounted to specifications: any length or without connectors
- Jacket Colours Available: Cream