Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

440Hz.my - expanding musical horizons
Subscribe to our Feed
addtomyyahoo4 Subscribe with BloglinesAdd to netvibes
Add to Google

Phasure Audio Blaxius^2-D 75 Ohm SPDIF Coaxial Digital Cable 0.6m with BNC terminations & RCA adapters (Used)

Go down

Phasure Audio Blaxius^2-D  75 Ohm SPDIF Coaxial Digital Cable 0.6m with BNC terminations & RCA adapters (Used) Empty Phasure Audio Blaxius^2-D 75 Ohm SPDIF Coaxial Digital Cable 0.6m with BNC terminations & RCA adapters (Used)

Post by mikey8811 on Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:19 pm

Phasure Audio Blaxius^2-D  75 ohm SPDIF Coaxial Digital Cable 0.6m with BNC terminations & RCA adapters (Used)

Condition: Few Months Old, Mint (8.5/10)

Price: RM 1,300

Description:

This is a reference grade digital SPDIF cable known for its rich musical timbre, palpable images and bass slam. It is rarely available used, especially in Malaysia.

It is the SPDIF version of the famed Phasure Audio Lush^2 USB cable that is a perennial favourite among computer audio enthusiasts. Like the Lush, it is a warm and full sounding cable but doesn’t sacrifice any detail. It can also be used as a clock cable and is very popular as one between Chord’s top Dave DAC and M-Scaler.

Compared to other digital cables I have used, the images are solidly fleshed out and 3D in presentation. There is also a midrange richness. Bass slam is exemplary and the best I have heard. It has a physical presence that is uncanny - almost as if I had added a subwoofer!

The sound can also be fine-tuned by the user according to his preferences by adjusting the shielding on the cable connectors. You want more mids or sweeter vocal articulation, more extended highs or bass impact - just tune it accordingly. 25 configurations are possible for all tweakers out there.

Reason for Sale:

I am selling on behalf of a friend who has moved to an I2S and ethernet based music streamer.

Pics:

Phasure Audio Blaxius^2-D  75 Ohm SPDIF Coaxial Digital Cable 0.6m with BNC terminations & RCA adapters (Used) Img_4012

Phasure Audio Blaxius^2-D  75 Ohm SPDIF Coaxial Digital Cable 0.6m with BNC terminations & RCA adapters (Used) Img_3912

Phasure Audio Blaxius^2-D  75 Ohm SPDIF Coaxial Digital Cable 0.6m with BNC terminations & RCA adapters (Used) Img_3911

User Reviews:

“I was not prepared to hear so much new sounds from well-known recordings. What is most striking to me is that the highs are so much more present in so many instruments. These highs are in no way annoying, it's rather the opposite. I've been looking for these kind of highs for so long, now I believe that I found it. Music notes are truer to the original instrument. There is now a new richness to the tones. The attacks are better delineated and the overall sound has more body.

The soundscape takes another dimension with the highs that are now liberated. It's more 3D … and this contributes to create a better immersive ambiance. After these short 3 hours of listening I can say that the Blaxius^2 may be the single change that had the most beneficial effect in my audio chain.”
" At first my feeling was "this is amazing, but I think I had this sound with Blaxius^1 as well."  So earlier today, as a test, I switched back to Blaxius^1.  I was utterly shocked at how much "flatter" the sound was. THERE IS NO GOING BACK!  Just like with the upgrade to Mach III.

I have to listen some more and write a more detailed report.  I really do not even know where to begin.  The overall impression is more "3D" and further immersion in the music."

" My system sound has transformed so much with these. The 3D experience is just unbelievable. Now you hear it again with the Lush^2 and now the Blaxius ^2"

From the manufacturer:

The Blaxius^2, although derived from the Lush^2, is electrically very different from the Lush^2 application. While for the Lush^2 it is about the arrangement / configuration of the 3 shields (screens) only, for the Blaxius^2 it is about the combination of shields (screens) and ground. For the Digital application (like S/PDIF) this means that the original Blaxius should be hampered with in the least possible way, while still the ^2 shielding configurations keep on being at your service. This is how digital signal integrity depicts that the inner shield (the "White wire" in the other ^2 setups) has a fixed with the connector.

*Because* the Lush^2 does what it does, and *because* we already know how the Blaxius is being used in digital applications (like transport to DAC) with a so much better result as a random S/PDIF cable etc., we are the most confident that when the Blaxius^2 is assembled in such an application, that now can be tweaked and tuned as good as the Lush^2 allows for this.

Because the Blaxius^2 is an end-to-end 75 Ohm impedance cable, it can obviously serve the digital audio applications which are commonly 75 Ohm.

If only RCA connections can be used, then no matter what, this is unspecified for impedance, but still the interconnect is allowed to be 75 Ohm and it really won't make it worse. For these situations genuine 75 Ohm RCA to BNC adapters are supplied (one pair per cable) which makes your Blaxius^2-Digital even more versatile than it already is.

Physical properties :

Thickness : 19mm

Air dielectric approximately : 8mm (at each side of the main conductor)

Number of screens : 3 (fully configurable for connections at each end but with one screen fixed)

Insulation layers : between each screen

Weight per 1m : 375gr

Capacitance : 51pF/m

Velocity of propagation (% of speed of light) : 85

Loss over 100m at 10MHz : 1.5dB

Minimum bending diameter from outside to outside : 20cm (10cm radius)

Required extra length per 90 degree required bend : 10cm

Impedance : 75 Ohm end to end, also when the provided BNC to RCA adapters are used.

Configuration possibilities :25

mikey8811
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 2049
Registration date : 2010-01-21

Back to top Go down

Phasure Audio Blaxius^2-D  75 Ohm SPDIF Coaxial Digital Cable 0.6m with BNC terminations & RCA adapters (Used) Empty Re: Phasure Audio Blaxius^2-D 75 Ohm SPDIF Coaxial Digital Cable 0.6m with BNC terminations & RCA adapters (Used)

Post by mikey8811 on Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:45 am

Bump

mikey8811
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Phasure Audio Blaxius^2-D  75 Ohm SPDIF Coaxial Digital Cable 0.6m with BNC terminations & RCA adapters (Used) Empty Re: Phasure Audio Blaxius^2-D 75 Ohm SPDIF Coaxial Digital Cable 0.6m with BNC terminations & RCA adapters (Used)

Post by mikey8811 on Fri Apr 17, 2020 1:36 am

Bump

mikey8811
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey8811 on Mon May 04, 2020 12:27 pm

Bump

mikey8811
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey8811 on Mon May 11, 2020 12:02 am

Bump

mikey8811
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey8811 on Mon May 18, 2020 12:56 am

Bump

mikey8811
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey8811 on Mon May 25, 2020 1:36 am

Bump

mikey8811
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum