Hi-Fi 4 Sale - Malaysia / Singapore Audio Forum & Marketplace | www.hifi4sale.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

440Hz.my - expanding musical horizons
Subscribe to our Feed
addtomyyahoo4 Subscribe with BloglinesAdd to netvibes
Add to Google

iFi Audio iPurifier SPDIF Digital Regenerator & Reclocker (Used)

Go down

iFi Audio iPurifier SPDIF Digital Regenerator & Reclocker (Used)   Empty iFi Audio iPurifier SPDIF Digital Regenerator & Reclocker (Used)

Post by mikey8811 on Sat Aug 22, 2020 9:58 am

iFi Audio iPurifier SPDIF Digital Regenerator & Reclocker (Used)

Condition: Mint (8.5/10)

Price: RM 730

Description:

This device cleans, regenerates and reclocks the digital SPDIF signal from a transport (CD, computer or streamer) to DAC. In my system, the effects were very obvious, even more so than those of USB regenerating devices like Uptone Audio’s ISO Regen or Wyred 4 Sound’s USB Recovery which I have used in the past.

Coupled with the Cardas Clear SPDIF Digital Coaxial cable I have also listed it is hard to beat as a digital link

https://www.hifi4sale.net/t76625-cardas-audio-clear-digital-75-ohm-spdif-coaxial-cable-1m-with-cardas-srca-terminations-used 

Specifications

Supported Signals:44.1/48/88.2/96/176.4/192kHz; 16 to 24 Bit, DSD/DoP, Dolby Digital, DTS
Input:Combo optical mini-jack & gold-plated co-axial connector (impedance 75 Ohms)
Outputs:gold-plated co-axial connector (impedance 75 Ohms) & optical mini-jack
Power Supply:micro USB, 5V/500mA ( iPower 5V included )
Dimensions:71(l) x 19(w) x 20(h)mm/2.8” x 0.74” x 0.79”
Weight:29g ( 1.02oz )

Reason for Sale:

I have moved to a I2S based transport

Reviews:

John Darko, Digital Audio Review

“With the iFi in place, bass notes took on better shape and definition, no longer lost to woolliness or obscuring organ sounds themselves, which in turn implies better separation.

The piano motif that introduces us to the song’s second verse benefitted from a notable – i.e. not subtle – reduction in glassiness.

Layer separation went up several clicks. Put another way, midrange congestion became less of an issue. This then brings us to the most obvious improvement heard ……: a MUCH taller soundstage..“

https://darko.audio/2016/09/ifi-spdif-ipurifier-entry-level-pricing-next-level-results/

Head Fi

“Everything was brought into a sharper focus, the bass became deeper, the cymbals crisper and there was a general greater level of silk smoothness to the music. It had better shape and definition, and a bigger soundstage, which in turn meant better separation.”

“This is a hobby where users are looking for step by step improvements and certainly for the speaker set up, the SPDIF iPurifier noticeably delivers. For me it's a keeper.”

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/ifi-spdif-ipurifier.22181/reviews

Audio Circle

“the first and most obvious thing to me was in the lower registers.  Often when you have a kick drum playing in time with a bass, it can be challenging on some recordings to separate the thwack of the kick drum from the note being played on the bass – these sounds can sometimes homogenize into one note.  With the SPDIF iPurifier in place, it was much easier to separate these two instruments, not just in terms of sound, but in terms of location in the soundstage.  The skin and volume of the drum was easier to hear as a discrete sound, separate from the bass.  In addition, the texture of bass notes was improved – more of the unique sound of a specific instrument came through”

“With the iPurifier in place, the window into the sound was cleaner – that stuffy, wooly feeling I never realized was there had been removed and overall clarity improved.  This was especially evident in hearing the sound of the recording space (or reverb added by the engineer) – it was easier to hear the acoustic space and to hear reverb tails that I never noticed before.  Part and parcel with this was better intelligibility of vocals.”

“the improved clarity and definition enhanced the timbre and texture of instruments, as well as the illusion of performers vs. hearing a hi-fi”

Audio Advisor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzGKTkO6qn8

Audiophile Heaven

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-0X8FRLelA

From the manufacturer:

The signal goes through 4 comprehensive stages – isolation, regeneration, a memory buffer and re-clocking. This restores the industry standard ‘square wave’ which represents the desired signal. The result is a fully-restored SPDIF signal without jitter. The sound quality now has greater warmth, resolution and dynamic contrast.

A galvanically isolated SPDIF output means that electrical circuits are separated to eliminate stray elements – a signal can pass but nothing else. Interference-free audio.

And with added Reclock® and Regenerate® the signal remains true and strong.

We pride ourselves on giving you Bit-Perfect signal transfer. This means the signal remains original and unchanged.

This device ensures a Bit-Perfect transfer which is highly unusual for SPDIF devices. It can handle 44.1 / 48 / 88.2 / 96 / 176.4 / 192kHz; 16 to 24 Bit, DSD, DoP, and even Dolby Digital and DTS.

The SPDIF iPurifier optimises the quality of SPDIF signal transmission and enhances the quality of audio from mainstream devices. Whether you are a movie buff or a hardcore gamer, the SPDIF iPurifier will make sure sound matches vision with stunning quality. SPDIF is the main digital audio output signal for devices such as Apple TVs, PS4, Xbox and 4K Smart TVs.

It is common in mainstream devices for the SPDIF signal to suffer from low quality transmission and an abundance of jitter.

Got neighbours with noisy power? This can corrupt yours too.

The SPDIF is multi-talented. It works with Toslink and digital cables on practically any SPDIF source.

And, as it can output both SPDIF and optical at the same time, you can connect it to two devices at once!

Plus, it can double as a coax SPDIF to optical converter.

mikey8811
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 2180
Registration date : 2010-01-21

Back to top Go down

iFi Audio iPurifier SPDIF Digital Regenerator & Reclocker (Used)   Empty Re: iFi Audio iPurifier SPDIF Digital Regenerator & Reclocker (Used)

Post by mikey8811 on Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:32 pm

Bump

mikey8811
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

iFi Audio iPurifier SPDIF Digital Regenerator & Reclocker (Used)   Empty Re: iFi Audio iPurifier SPDIF Digital Regenerator & Reclocker (Used)

Post by mikey8811 on Sat Sep 05, 2020 6:38 am

Bump

mikey8811
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey8811 on Fri Sep 11, 2020 7:05 pm

Bump

mikey8811
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey8811 on Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:37 pm

Bump

mikey8811
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum