Hi-Fi 4 Sale - Malaysia / Singapore Audio Forum & Marketplace | www.hifi4sale.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

440Hz.my - expanding musical horizons
Subscribe to our Feed
addtomyyahoo4 Subscribe with BloglinesAdd to netvibes
Add to Google

Rega DAC-R

Go down

Rega DAC-R  Empty Rega DAC-R

Post by Y.C. Tue Mar 08, 2022 4:02 pm

A lightly-used Rega DAC-R digital-to-analogue converter in pristine (almost brand-new-like and rated as 9/10) condition with its remote control, stock power cord, manual and box is up for sale.

Asking price: RM2,300

Interested to call/sms/WA Chan at 016-366 9103 and to COD either in SS15, Subang Jaya or Bukit Jelutong, Shah Alam.

Rega DAC-R  Img_5412

Rega DAC-R  Img_5413

Some excerpts of reviews / forum comments:-

Rega DAC-R 解码的声音更为精致与细腻。无论是流行音乐还是古典音乐,其定位都更为精准,各种乐器中间的足距离更为清晰。不仅是音场定位更为精准,而且结像力也更好,线条感更强。如同绘画一般,使用Rega DAC-R之前,线条较为模糊,也较为粗糙,线条的边缘有少许毛刺感。而在换上Rega DAC-R之后,逐渐变得清晰起来,边缘的毛刺感没有了,线条也从原先的模糊慢慢聚了焦,逐渐变得更为清晰与立体。

Rega DAC-的声音更为饱满。这种饱满,不仅仅是提高了整体的声音厚实度,连每个音的力量感与饱满度都增强。不仅仅是歌手的歌声变得更为有力,各种乐器的声音也变得更为厚实有力,听起来似乎像是掌握了更为正确与科学的弹奏方法,或是更吃了几碗饱饭。相比之下,CD机本身的解码便显得软趴趴了。

Rega DAC-R adopts XMOS-based 24bit/192kHz asynchronous USB input, dual Wolfson WM8742 chipset implemented with no upsampling allied to an discrete-transistors output section outputting 2.175V at output impedance of 630Ω. Three selectable filters are offered, its case compact with no headphone jack. The DAC-R adds some warmth or sweetens vocal feeds slightly and produces a fine soundstage, floating aural images in space where they should be, with plenty of detail and depth. Borderline Class-A Stereophile equipment.

Rega DAC-R, light on features (no volume control, no headphone input and no DSD support), delivers a truly involving and engaging sound. Its build quality is solid – well-damped case, well-weighted buttons and admirable internal linear power supply.

DAC-R is an upgrade in every area except the noise floor from its predecessor. Both super quiet and, while they share a similar overall tonality, the new model is more refined like going from a Rega RP3 turntable to RP8...

Rega DAC-R exhibits a warm sound with almost tube-like fluidity but may sound "slow" and "dark" with some music. An analogue-sounding DAC where music has vinyl-like "alive" quality.

Rega DAC-R sounds the most analogue-like.

Rega DAC-R replaces Naim DAC-V1 that has greater dynamics and better-controlled bass but also brought forward vocals and the upper midrange in my system. Through Naim, sound was impressive initially but it soon got tiring with its ‘glassy’ upper midrange. Rega sounded more mellowed, bass a tad less powerful but soundstage got wider. It’s dynamic sounding with good PRAT (albeit lesser than Naim) and feels more natural and not tiring. Rega DAC-R suits me better.

I had Chord Hugo for a short while but owned Rega DAC for years. Hugo was more impressive initially but I subsequently found it to be more sterile. Some music sound great, some unlistenable. Not so with Rega DAC. Finally, I hated the design, the RCA issue (early version) and certainly the battery. Sold it on.

Rega DAC-R may not be the last word in resolution but the analogue musical quality with good tones is extremely enjoyable. Some reviewers call it the DAC sounding closest to analogue, or closest to R2R tone quality for a delta-sigma converter. Haven’t seen that being said on more recent DACs.

Rega DAC-R has some bass emphasis / warmth, overall pleasant and sound smooth, resolution not at the level of many others. Fine to get the older version (sound almost similar except for its inferior USB) used at real cheap prices.

Rega DAC-R has good USB implementation using XMOS and galvanically isolated I2S lanes and ground from the computer noise. 

Sonic differences between the filters are subtle. Discerned the most differences between the 1st and 3rd filter settings. Probably best to leave on at apodizing type of the filter - limiting completely (almost) pre-ringing and lowering the post-ringing.

Filter 3 (gradual ‘roll-off’)- "minimum phase apodizing" eliminates pre-ringing, reduces post-ringing and eliminates aliasing distortion. 

Filter 2 (extended) - "minimum phase half-band" gives the least artificial warmth and the truest deep-bass extension.

Filter 1 (standard) - "linear phase half-band" gives a conventional time-symmetrical performance.

The ills of digital music playback include time smear, phase shift, brick-wall filter, pre-ring and post-ring of transients.

Y.C.
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 114
Registration date : 2011-11-29

Back to top Go down