Hi-Fi 4 Sale - Malaysia / Singapore Audio Forum & Marketplace | www.hifi4sale.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

440Hz.my - expanding musical horizons
Subscribe to our Feed
addtomyyahoo4 Subscribe with BloglinesAdd to netvibes
Add to Google

EICO HF-81 integrated amp (Used)

Go down

EICO HF-81 integrated amp (Used) Empty EICO HF-81 integrated amp (Used)

Post by scudracer Sun May 17, 2009 5:30 pm

EICO HF-81 integrated amp (Used) Dscn2210

EICO HF-81 integrated amp (Used) Dscn2211

EICO HF-81 integrated amp (Used) Dscn2212

It has been partially disassembled now to work on but I need the money for lawyer fees hence reluctant sale, AS IS, WHERE IS basis only please. Images seen here are of the actual set I own.

Read more about this legendary set here - http://www.stereophile.com/integratedamps/606eico/ and home.earthlink.net/~eico_hf81/

The circuit and arrangement of components are more or less exactly what Philips Technical Library book "Electronic Valves for Audio Frequency Amplifiers" by E. Rodenhuis, published in 1954 has recommended.

Namely that,
a) Spacing of valves (there must be AT LEAST one tube diameter between valves)
b) Audio inputs should be placed as far from the mains transformer and power supply components in the chassis as possible
c) Tube heater wires should be reasonably stiff (not flopping about all over the place), be twisted together (assuming its 6.3Volts AC), and placed as close to the chassis as possible, being kept away from grid and anode connections
d) Transformers should be at right angles to each other so as not to induce unwanted currents in each other. This means output transformers at 90 degrees to each other, and a power transformer LAYED DOWN on its side, all as far from each other as possible. This is not 'pretty' or symmetrical but it is a hallmark of GOOD ENGINEERING.
e) Grid and anode leads must never run in parallel with the heater leads
f) Input, volume, tone controls and grids of input to preamp stages should be screened, these screened leads and all grid and anode leads should be kept short
g) Earthing points of each valve should be connected to a common point on the chassis
h) Coupling capacitors should be of the highest generic quality available

Evidently a lot of 'Audio Gurus' neglect to mention these basics and keep going on about the COMPONENTS. As some have rightfully mentioned, there is no point in having super high class components if the basic circuit topology and construction is bad. No adding of Black Gates, VCaps, Auricaps, Kiwame resistors, etc. will help! On the other hand a simple but well-built amp using the best quality off-the-shelf components can smoke any big name amp, probably.

I'm including a 240V to 110V step down trans, some replacement caps for the power supply smoothening. Uses a tube rectifier. Tubes are all included - GEC, GE types. I have NOT gotten this running so I'm selling it as is. No promises if it works or not, but this is one of the most respected integrated tube amps ever.

Condition: 4/10 due to being a bit whacked up (casing needs some bodywork, painting, etc.)

PRICE: RM4000 including Stillpoints mentioned in Stereophile review (3, boxed set - http://www.stillpoints.us/Stillpoints_2009/stillpoints_risers.html), 240-110 step down, some caps and phono jacks (gold plated Neutrik if I remember correctly), and if you give me some time I can photocopy the complete detailed Eico build booklet, how to assemble, install the point-to-point wiring components, etc.

EICO HF-81 integrated amp (Used) Stillpoint%20Black%201

Use hot components and I believe this will be one of the best ever integrated vacuum tube amps. If you find the price high I'm sorry but this is what it's worth to me, and I am forced to sell due to some legal problems, and need the money urgently for lawyer fees. Email me at gomeznick at gmail. I'll be out of the country and only back by Thursday (21st May 09). Serious enquiries only please. Thanks very much.
scudracer
scudracer
Club Member
Club Member

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2009-01-19

http://www.bikervoodoo.com

Back to top Go down

EICO HF-81 integrated amp (Used) Empty Re: EICO HF-81 integrated amp (Used)

Post by scudracer Sun May 31, 2009 9:35 pm

Guys, I'm slashing the price to RM3500, Stilpoints, etc. all included as above for this all-tube set. Make me an offer I can't refuse. santa
scudracer
scudracer
Club Member
Club Member

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2009-01-19

http://www.bikervoodoo.com

Back to top Go down