Hi-Fi 4 Sale - Malaysia / Singapore Audio Forum & Marketplace | www.hifi4sale.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

440Hz.my - expanding musical horizons
Subscribe to our Feed
addtomyyahoo4 Subscribe with BloglinesAdd to netvibes
Add to Google

Jacking up prices on use hifi equipment and accessories.

3 posters

Go down

Jacking up prices on use hifi equipment and accessories. Empty Jacking up prices on use hifi equipment and accessories.

Post by alfred Wed May 04, 2011 10:38 pm

Hi all, i'm new here and just started to play back hifi and i brought some of the equipment and products from some of the members here with a fair price for use item. Their are some of the members here which i'm not sure weather they know about the price of the products which was first sole new but when they get hold of the products they marked up this prices until their more expensive when it is first brought new like one member here (not to be name) selling some German cables which was sole new at RM 40.00 per meter run and now is selling it for RM 43.00 per meter run. I know this sort of cables don't come by easily but he still don't have to sell it more expensive then it was sole new.
I use to work in an audio shop selling hifi so some of this equipment i know about their prices. Please to those trying to make a fast buck get your prices right don't sell your second hand product to use with prices which we can buy new from the shop.
alfred
alfred
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 150
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Character sheet
Source(s): pioneer pd s901 as transport \ denon dcd s10 d/a
Amplification: krell pre / threshold
Speakers: LS 5/12A, Spendor 2/3

Back to top Go down

Jacking up prices on use hifi equipment and accessories. Empty Re: Jacking up prices on use hifi equipment and accessories.

Post by samn Wed May 04, 2011 11:58 pm

Caveat emptor. Thanks for sharing. I do notice those items that are hard to come buy tend to be sold higher than the original prices, perhaps this is due to demand and supply. We can't really stop the sellers from tagging the prices that they want. The buyer needs to be careful in negotiating and check properly before paying.
samn
samn
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 147
Registration date : 2009-02-15

Character sheet
Source(s): Rega RP3, Audiolab 8200CD, Marantz CD6003, Teac W790R & Teac V5010
Amplification: Audiolab 8200Q & Audiolab 8000M
Speakers: Mission Volare V63

Back to top Go down

Jacking up prices on use hifi equipment and accessories. Empty Re: Jacking up prices on use hifi equipment and accessories.

Post by WongKN Thu May 05, 2011 10:18 am

One can't really compare to the original selling price especially if the item is a very old one. There is no rule in hifi that a 2nd hand item MUST be sold cheaper than what the owner originally paid for it. Will anyone be willing to sell you a vintage prestine condition LS3/5A at its original selling price 15 years ago, what more LOWER than that ? Try to ask around the those truly exotic high-grade vacumn tubes and see the kind of prices they are going for.

This is a reality of life - supply and demand and the willingness of people to pay for what they want, from hard earned money from their sweat and tears. In the end it is those people's right to spend their money the way they want it. Eventhough unfortunately sometimes it affects other people like us who do not have the financial flexibility. This has become the way the world works and it is something we have to accept. This is the reason why many people can 'chau' commodities, especially houses, etc. This is the reason why that eBay seller dared to put an opening price of USD1,800 for the original sealed copy of Jennifer Warnes the Hunter LP.
WongKN
WongKN

Number of posts : 1795
Registration date : 2009-01-20

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down