Hi-Fi 4 Sale - Malaysia / Singapore Audio Forum & Marketplace | www.hifi4sale.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

440Hz.my - expanding musical horizons
Subscribe to our Feed
addtomyyahoo4 Subscribe with BloglinesAdd to netvibes
Add to Google

ProAc Tablette speakers

+4
wabun
pakleng
ryder
skydna
8 posters

Go down

ProAc Tablette speakers Empty ProAc Tablette speakers

Post by skydna Sat Jul 04, 2009 2:32 pm

Halo sifu here,
I have listen to ProAc Tablette 8 Signature few year ago, untill now i still cant forget how it sound good to me~~
I wish to be a ProAc user long time ago but seems it has a very high price tag for me to look for another target or older model~~
Any sifu here can share some experience on ProAc well known Tablette between new Tablette to old model or compare to Studio and Respond series(Eg.Respond 1SC)
Thanks in advance Razz ~~
skydna
skydna
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 326
Registration date : 2009-02-23

Character sheet
Source(s): Naim
Amplification: Naim
Speakers: ProAc

Back to top Go down

ProAc Tablette speakers Empty Re: ProAc Tablette speakers

Post by ryder Sat Jul 04, 2009 3:03 pm

Hi,
As you might have known, I have had the privilege to own the Proac Tablette 50 Signature for a short period in my system before selling it off. I have only listened to this particular model and have not listened to the Tablette 8 Signature or the 1SC but have done extensive reading on both models since at a point I was considering to move up to either these two models.

The Tablette 50 Signature is a wonderful speaker with a very open, detailed and transparent sound. The imaging is exceptionally good with excellent dynamics. The sound is slightly on the lean side of neutral having a thin and light midrange. I find them to match better with warmer electronics or tube amps. I have driven the speakers with warm sounding Plinius gear and the sound is still slightly lean and bright to my taste. I am sure they will sound horrible with higher listening fatigue when matched with Krell amps. Overall the Tablette 50 Signatures are great speakers if you like their signature sound and are matched properly. These speakers sound very different, in fact the total opposite from Sonus Faber speakers.

The Tablette 8 Signature was claimed to eliminate the lean sound of the 50 Signature, more so with the 1SC. Owners of the 1SC commented that the 1SC's are more suitable for jazz and vocals whereas the Tablette 50 Sig and 8 Sig more apt towards pop and rock material, presumably with their more open and dynamic character. I have read that the new D1 and D2 in the Proac lineup are exceptional speakers and developed to compete (or surpass) their reference speaker in the 1SC. Maybe current owners would be able to shed some light on this.

ryder
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 748
Registration date : 2009-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post by pakleng Sun Jul 05, 2009 1:55 pm

they sound very good, but u will also get free mushrooms some years later Razz

pakleng
Club Member
Club Member

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2009-01-27

Back to top Go down

Post by skydna Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:08 am

ryder wrote:Hi,
As you might have known, I have had the privilege to own the Proac Tablette 50 Signature for a short period in my system before selling it off. I have only listened to this particular model and have not listened to the Tablette 8 Signature or the 1SC but have done extensive reading on both models since at a point I was considering to move up to either these two models.

The Tablette 50 Signature is a wonderful speaker with a very open, detailed and transparent sound. The imaging is exceptionally good with excellent dynamics. The sound is slightly on the lean side of neutral having a thin and light midrange. I find them to match better with warmer electronics or tube amps. I have driven the speakers with warm sounding Plinius gear and the sound is still slightly lean and bright to my taste. I am sure they will sound horrible with higher listening fatigue when matched with Krell amps. Overall the Tablette 50 Signatures are great speakers if you like their signature sound and are matched properly. These speakers sound very different, in fact the total opposite from Sonus Faber speakers.

The Tablette 8 Signature was claimed to eliminate the lean sound of the 50 Signature, more so with the 1SC. Owners of the 1SC commented that the 1SC's are more suitable for jazz and vocals whereas the Tablette 50 Sig and 8 Sig more apt towards pop and rock material, presumably with their more open and dynamic character. I have read that the new D1 and D2 in the Proac lineup are exceptional speakers and developed to compete (or surpass) their reference speaker in the 1SC. Maybe current owners would be able to shed some light on this.

Ah yeah really thanks ryder for such a detail review and recommendation

"The Tablette 50 Signature is a wonderful speaker with a very open, detailed and transparent sound" this is why the reason i fall in love to the tablette
The brightness of Tablette, i think should be ok if with good matching cable and amplifier like my current owned Naim NAC A5 speaker cable, it really make the "HIFI sounding" into musical and low down the brightness with much fuller sounding~~

Some of the taiwan and china player like to match tablette to small output vaccume tube amplifier like single ended 300B, but i worry about the dynamic and speed...

My experience of listenning to tablette 8 signature with whole set of naim nait 5i produce a very musical and even such a small speaker give the deepness of bass i want which i cant believe my ears that time~~

And i did listened to D2 before, it is a superior speaker with no regret by what you have pay, but it is totaly out of my hunting range, will the comming D1 be more friendly price tag?
skydna
skydna
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by skydna Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:23 am

finally, i brought a 2nd hand tablette 3 signature after try so much speaker in HIFI show
I found it is a bit bright, but this is the high frequency i am looking for which airy and sweet. for the mid i think every one know that tablette has a very emotion and sweet mid, furthermore the bass, most people found that tablette lack in bass, but i found it has deep and depth.
In my mind, tablette 8 signature has more dynamic and lesser "taste" than tablette 3 signature, so tablette 8 seems has a modern sounding which can match batter with currently solid state amplifier
In conclusion, i think it is a very good and potential speaker, even i try it on my home's living room, it can play the music loud enough to fill the living room and dramatically show us the atmosphere of the music, but i do think it will match batter with Luxman or some vacuum tube amplifier which very smooth sounding amplifier can make its vocal more attractive
skydna
skydna
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by wabun Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:23 am

Tablette match with Heathkit ,model W-5M Williamson Type amp..very "chun" sound.. bounce

wabun
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 423
Registration date : 2009-03-02

Character sheet
Source(s): Mac mini - Bryston BDP - Calyx DAC 24/192 - Rega P8
Amplification: Jumpan Balance - ARC VT100Mk3 - Musical Fidelity FX
Speakers: JBL 4313B , Harbeth P3esr

Back to top Go down

ProAc Tablette speakers Empty Proac Tablettes

Post by Wan Azami Hamzah Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:55 pm

Hi all on this topic,
I own a pair from new, model II, second generation. I drive them with a Jadis D30 valve integrated. Yes they sound superb with high current valve equipment alright, the sound being so open and fulsome with amazing weighty bass for such puny size. Female vocals are especially good and life-like, not shrill like most small speakers. I can crank the volume and they sound like a pair of floorstanders. On most well recorded jazz tracks people ask me where I put the subwoofer, whereas I don't have one. They're the kind of speakers you just enjoy the music you're playing without having to stare at your speakers as hi fi components and listen analytically. I own other speakers too, Spendor SP1/2, valve loving Mission 751 and Rogers Studio 3. I find myself swapping between my Proacs and the Spendors mostly. Both permanently positioned and wired of course, the Spendors powered by solid state. I can't help but still marvel at these baby Proacs filling my 200 sq ft bedroom with studio like music. Don't sell yours, these are collectible British mini monitors at their best. Twisted Evil
Wan Azami Hamzah
Wan Azami Hamzah
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 248

Back to top Go down

Post by Wan Azami Hamzah Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:59 pm

Correction my Mission speakers are 752( the better 752 prior to the Freedom model)
Wan Azami Hamzah
Wan Azami Hamzah
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 248

Back to top Go down

Post by fizi Sat Sep 26, 2009 1:33 pm

hi all...among the best in term of sound quality from signature series is which model???

tablette (sig) 3,8,50,2000...

just share the info..

tq
fizi
fizi
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 1294
Registration date : 2009-02-16

Character sheet
Source(s): Analog - Lenco/Sota/Thorens/Roksan TT/Akai Reel Player / Digital - Ladiva
Amplification: DIY
Speakers: Harbeth/JBL?LINN

Back to top Go down

Post by kancan Sat Sep 26, 2009 2:11 pm

fizi wrote:hi all...among the best in term of sound quality from signature series is which model???

just share the info..

tq

SaLam Fizi ProAc Tablette speakers Icon_smile , Selamat Hari Raya Aidilfitri..Last 2 Years, i borrow from my bos bookshelf ProAc Signature 3, about a month,..very good in mid, treble, vocal but not very musical..but very effective when play jazz, classical sound..just my experiencel lah..but i need to find it again if have budget..ProAc, one of the best in Midrange..like bro Hazy said to me..
kancan
kancan
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 169
Registration date : 2009-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by fizi Sat Sep 26, 2009 4:57 pm

ProAc Tablette speakers Icon_biggrin salam kancan...just needs some input on signature series..few units on sale but need some info on all the tablette signature series

p/s-dah dapat ke rotel power amp ProAc Tablette speakers Icon_cool
fizi
fizi
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet
Source(s): Analog - Lenco/Sota/Thorens/Roksan TT/Akai Reel Player / Digital - Ladiva

Back to top Go down

Post by kancan Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:37 pm

Hi Fizi, Got Seller, still under consider, a little bit higher than my own budget, will see sooner or later, acct, just need another one similar power amp monoblok small room setup...huhuhu ProAc Tablette speakers Icon_razz ..not very rich to using high end setup, just ok ok jela...
kancan
kancan
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 169
Registration date : 2009-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by skydna Sun Sep 27, 2009 3:16 am

fizi wrote:hi all...among the best in term of sound quality from signature series is which model???

just share the info..

tq

This is the biggest problem before i get my tablette 3 signature
because since it has so many version, but which to get will suit me the most?
after a very long time research on internet i found that most of the people will complain tablette sound bad because of wrongly match with the amplifier especially those with 3/4inch tweeter (3s/50s/2000s)
the tablette with 3/4inch tweeter is extreme, u need a amplifier with very good control and warm sounding else the tablette will go crazy with thin sounding, bright, lack of bass. But many ProAc user experience that when good synergy amplifier is used, the result is wonderful which new vifa tweeter cannot fight with (the 1 use in tablette 8s),thats why u can see the ProAc new D1 still using the old 3/4inch tweeter and ProAc reply that they still cant find a batter tweeter.
so if wanna easier matching choose those use 1inch vifa tweeter speaker from proAc example tablette 8s
ok now come to the woofer, why most of the people like 50s than other?
most of them said, the 50s 5inch woofer can produce more bass make the tablette sound more balance, but not the 2000s with 6.5inch woffer because they found it has lack of the wonderful mid of other tablette
then how about smallest tablette 3s? there are some old times proAc lover found the sounding after tablette 3s is changed and still the 3s mid is the best

tell the truth i dint found my tablette 3s lack of bass, even i use it for movie rabbit

***these are summary of opinion i found on internet hope it is useful when selecting a tablette thanks
skydna
skydna
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by fizi Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:25 am

hi skydna...what a wonderfull info from u..very details..i agree with u this,is the most challanging part when comes to choose the correct speaker..u mention bout using T3's for movie do u have others pro ac as well for 5.1 set up..

some info said if we use hifi speaker for movie that will effect and damage the speaker..i dont no its true or not..

what amp u drive the T3's for music listening...im still using my usher x-719 for my hifi set up try to look around if got any good deal for pro ac...as hifi kaki,for me it will be a proud to own 1 pair of PRO AC speaker..when mention PRO AC speaker all kaki's should well known even a beginner..

thanks 4 sharing the info

Sharing is Caring ProAc Tablette speakers Icon_cheers
fizi
fizi
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by skydna Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:04 pm

fizi wrote:hi skydna...what a wonderfull info from u..very details..i agree with u this,is the most challanging part when comes to choose the correct speaker..u mention bout using T3's for movie do u have others pro ac as well for 5.1 set up..

some info said if we use hifi speaker for movie that will effect and damage the speaker..i dont no its true or not..

what amp u drive the T3's for music listening...im still using my usher x-719 for my hifi set up try to look around if got any good deal for pro ac...as hifi kaki,for me it will be a proud to own 1 pair of PRO AC speaker..when mention PRO AC speaker all kaki's should well known even a beginner..

thanks 4 sharing the info

Sharing is Caring ProAc Tablette speakers Icon_cheers

Hi fizi thanks~~ own a legendary ProAc is most of the hifi kaki's wish~~ Very Happy
Here is my setup:
PC spdif optic -> Tian Yun ZERO dac -> Naim nait 5i mk2 -> ProAc t3s
so i got no subwoofer, for my small room (4m*3m) it produce sufficient bass for me, sometime i will use to play some DVD or downloaded media on my computer it is amazing when movie too but it is true that movie might damage the speaker because of the dynamic might over push the speaker, so as long as not to play it loud will be ok i think~~ Razz
skydna
skydna
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by car o scope Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:54 am

ProAc Tablette 50 signature reminds me of my friend who had taught me a thing or two about hifi, 10yrs ago. I knew nothing about hifi back then as I was just a secondary school boy.

He was using TEAC VRDS-20 and Audio Note Oto SE for his system.
It was then that I came to know about such manufacturers in the hifi world.
The system was so comfortable to listen to as the control of the Tablette 50s was good.

So sad that he passed away due to stroke few years after acquiring his wonderful set up.
car o scope
car o scope
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 1081
Registration date : 2009-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down