Hi-Fi 4 Sale - Malaysia / Singapore Audio Forum & Marketplace | www.hifi4sale.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

440Hz.my - expanding musical horizons
Subscribe to our Feed
addtomyyahoo4 Subscribe with BloglinesAdd to netvibes
Add to Google

Linn Sara Isobalik speaker (X@ld !)

4 posters

Go down

Linn Sara Isobalik    speaker (X@ld !) Empty Linn Sara Isobalik speaker (X@ld !)

Post by 1541 Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:42 am

Info:
from what i have got from my friend.
Cherry wood finished
with Stand[can not use normal stand,there are fat sitter.very wide.
cosmetic 7/10

-Hard to drive..Need Nap180 onward.
-Sensitive to the environment in which they are placed,and require a great deal for spotting a hot spot.
-Not for beginner..if you persist/insist ,you must have proper rig to support . They are not as easier as Harberth--least challenging ,but some prefer adventurous journey.However if manage to,may rewards you countless happening hours.

Will not be available so soon as i need find time to collect first.If you need speaker urgently,this may not be a good for waiting.

http://www.pinkfishmedia.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1132

http://www.nodecorporation.co.uk/sara01.htm

Best Asking RM3800. Sara finally found her new master..tQ!!

Last edited by 1541 on Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:24 pm; edited 6 times in total
Dealer\Reseller\Trader\Service Provider

Number of posts : 687
Registration date : 2010-11-18

Character sheet
Source(s): 1541`s品种狂机
Amplification: Nac42/Nap90
Speakers: SARA

Back to top Go down

Linn Sara Isobalik    speaker (X@ld !) Empty Re: Linn Sara Isobalik speaker (X@ld !)

Post by highcut28 Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:52 pm

Isobalik ? Laughing

highcut28
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 139
Registration date : 2009-07-18

Back to top Go down

Linn Sara Isobalik    speaker (X@ld !) Empty Re: Linn Sara Isobalik speaker (X@ld !)

Post by modena Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:10 pm

Kakakakakakakakakakaka..... lol!

modena
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 461
Registration date : 2012-03-09

Back to top Go down

Linn Sara Isobalik    speaker (X@ld !) Empty Iso- manual

Post by 1541 Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:03 pm

Extremely revealing, linn sara sounds good with better or comparable quality of source& amplification at the upper stream. In this case ,i would suggest these combo:-CD3/Nac72/Nap180 to start off boogie

Linn Sara Isobalik    speaker (X@ld !) Sara_Pamphlet_2

Linn Sara Isobalik    speaker (X@ld !) 20110820223546
Linn sound emphasises being very fast/foot-tapping ability, like SBL but cost friendlier!!

Last edited by 1541 on Tue May 22, 2012 5:58 pm; edited 2 times in total

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by CH Liew Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:33 pm

Hi there, will a NAD integrated amp be enough to drive these speakers? Are they suitable to play metal music? Cool

CH Liew
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 255
Registration date : 2011-07-04

Back to top Go down

Post by 1541 Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:53 pm

Tough one,so far i have heard of Nad3020 int,i cant say anymore on other NADs.It surely will sound,but very likely to get"constipation" if power is not sufficient .Sara offers huge exciting transient response when used with a good amp.As this is a difficult load speakers, it may choke your amps if they are not up to.
I was told that they are musical - and when it comes to pace, rhythm and timing[PRAT] all being right up there!
He warned that you will find your feet tapping uncontrollably without even being aware,while listening to fast track,he suggests not to place any hot drinks on top of your knee....i would said they are not for old/weak hearted listener..accidental does happen anytime anywhere in your chamber!!

Linn Sara's bass performance is legendary some said better than Naim SBL..sara sounds very balanced,nothing will overly-do,Sara works for slow/ fast metal and she is hunger as hell , feed her well, she sings and rock for you.

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by CH Liew Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:55 pm

Lol..thanks for the reply which makes me even more curious to hear this thing out! I guess any amp with high current output should be alright to drive the speakers..

CH Liew
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 255
Registration date : 2011-07-04

Back to top Go down

Post by 1541 Mon May 21, 2012 11:38 am

Anyone has any idea to share how to run"active" on this speakers..
because i really don know how..

This is a rosewood finished Sara..she is ready to sing song at waiting your visit!
made in 1983.

Note:Cherry wood version has sold...

Latest Price:RM4100 with Original stand.

Minimum requirement Nap160/Nap180 else do not attempt! As she is getting crazy with small amps or your amp may be running out of coolant!

D2008/8512 is a ¾" coated textile domed tweeter with a very smooth response and wide dispersion. It features ferro fluid in the air gap for higher power handling and it's superb sound reproduction is detailed and very dynamic. The optimised double chamber design provides perfect tuning and damping, whilst the acoustic damping of the diaphragm surround, reduces distortion and stabilises the acoustic centre.

The D2008/8512 is one of Scanspeak's Classic treble units and has been used in the past, by many commerical manufacturers such as Linn, Naim and ProAc.

Linn Sara Isobalik    speaker (X@ld !) Scanspeak-classic-d2008-8512-231-p

after the 1984 the tweeter changed to Hiqhphon tweeter ,it was too expensive to maintained the production cost.the tweeter selected was to run with high-order crossover to get rid of 'the bottom-end nasties.

Last edited by 1541 on Tue May 22, 2012 10:58 am; edited 1 time in total

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by 1541 Tue May 22, 2012 9:13 am

Extremely good Rose wood finished 30years old Sara [Great Bumper Chrome age]
[img]https://2img.net/h/i814.photobucket.com/albums/zz65/heli-rc/iso-1.jpg?t=1337647517[/img]

Bring back 30 Linn glory year using the 1541 player + Bumper Chrome amplification system- the most sheer musical combo player. Vocal is organic with deep explosive bass.Using the Pardo supply to achieve good speed & transient.
Solid core silver/CU in teflon sleeve which offer minimum stray impedance ,they are very good for timing.
Linn Isobarik technology produces exceptionally low and controlled bass from a relatively compact cabinet.
Sara mid range is the best in the world. Few people have heard Sara's properly - driven actively.Isobaric loading is very special way of making sound - it is not yet widely fully understood how can a sealed box enclosure can sounds so punchy and fast..unlike the Neat Motive..very lumpy...Sara sounds actively better than Naim speakers when both go active!..only "Active" makes a world of different..
You'll need a Naim Snaxo or Naxo 2/4..question how?? let me teach you once you have bought it over!

Linn Sara Isobalik    speaker (X@ld !) Cannon
Free the XLR connector only,it was wired up with pure 7N Ultra Pure OCC Silver/CU wire for undisputed transparency [solid core]

Linn Sara Isobalik    speaker (X@ld !) Balik-1

Last edited by 1541 on Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by 1541 Fri May 25, 2012 9:36 am

LINN Sara Rosewood[with Original Packing Box]

willing to sell RMxxxx w/o stand.

Both weight 30Kg..
prefer COD Shipping charged at Cost.

This is a extremely musical speakers[Listening felt like a religious experience!]..as i will be up grading system it has been in a smoke free and Pet free envoirament and is in perfect working order as well as being in excelent condition throughout! Incredible 8.9/10

The upper bass has speed and a dry tightness that can only be experienced and Isobarik bass is the best bass to none. With proper driven ,The upper bass is fast, agile, and powerful and punches hard directly into the chest...

http://20cheaddatebase.web.fc2.com/needie/NDLINN/ISOBARIK.jpg

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down