Hi-Fi 4 Sale - Malaysia / Singapore Audio Forum & Marketplace | www.hifi4sale.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

440Hz.my - expanding musical horizons
Subscribe to our Feed
addtomyyahoo4 Subscribe with BloglinesAdd to netvibes
Add to Google

Marky Ramones Blitzkrieg Sat 28 April

4 posters

Go down

Marky Ramones Blitzkrieg Sat 28 April Empty Marky Ramones Blitzkrieg Sat 28 April

Post by puchongvinyl Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:27 pm

http://www.ticketpro.com.my/jnp/concert/rock/834152-marky-ramones.html

Anyone going fer this?

puchongvinyl
Regular
Regular

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2012-02-07

Back to top Go down

Marky Ramones Blitzkrieg Sat 28 April Empty Re: Marky Ramones Blitzkrieg Sat 28 April

Post by bal Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:46 pm

Not me, Puchongvinyl. Spent my money on tickets for the KLjazz fest on 12.5.2012.... Anyone going for that ?

...and the comedy God Russell Peters... got tickets for his show too....It's going to be a merry month of Mei!!

Bal flower

bal

Number of posts : 1275
Registration date : 2009-03-06

Character sheet
Source(s): CEC T2, Oppo blu ray, mac mini running Audirvana thro Teac ud 501 dac
Amplification: conrad Johnson, Oddessy Khartago mono b
Speakers: maggie 1.7

Back to top Go down

Marky Ramones Blitzkrieg Sat 28 April Empty Re: Marky Ramones Blitzkrieg Sat 28 April

Post by puchongvinyl Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:54 am

Lucky you. I is one of the many who didnae get tix fer Russ Peters but trying fer 11 May show.

KL Jazz Fest - no lar, wifey not keen.

We are thinking of making Blitzkrieg a family outing. Let me two year old's first ever gig be a punk rawk one!

puchongvinyl
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by bal Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:07 am

oooh! Your child's first ear bleed! Sounds like fun to me. Followed shortly thereafter with a second ear bleed at the Dirty Rotten Imbeciles consert.

Sure you want to do this dude? I've been to nice good set up concerts that sound ok, but most of the rawk-out guys go for max volume, and i have had serious ringing in my ears and had to actually walk out of a few of these head banger concerts to preserve my limited hearing... Just saying guy, that a child constantly shouting 'WHAT DID YOU SAY, DAD??' at you don't sound like a barrel of fun to me...

Just saying, is all, just saying.... Question
bal.

bal

Character sheet
Source(s): CEC T2, Oppo blu ray, mac mini running Audirvana thro Teac ud 501 dac

Back to top Go down

Post by puchongvinyl Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:22 am

ha ha.

In all seriousness, we are only contemplating the Blitzkrieg date coz its open air (& thus not as loud), provided of course our kiddo wears ear plugs.

DRI will probably be just me & wifey reliving our (well, mine anyways) misspent youth.

As fer bleeding ears, in the early 90s I had the privilege of watching Motorhead. Ringing lasted over a week! And I is no shrinking violet when it comes to volume but read in papers the gig had made Guiness Book of Records as LOUDEST CONCERT OF THE YEAR. Ouch!

puchongvinyl
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by puchongvinyl Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:27 am

ps: Me wifey says I is half deaf anyways as I can barely hear her most of the time. Blessing in disguise? ha ha!Laughing

puchongvinyl
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by bal Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:35 am

MOTORHEAD??!!! DUDE!!! SALUTE!! afro
Good stuff. glad to hear about the kiddo's headgear.
Well, have fun. Your little person should be all right. I remember when my wife was expecting, i used to channel Rolling Stones on her tummy all the time. When my daughter was born, rolling stones would sooth her and put her to sleep. Real story, no bull. She is now a young adult, and thinks that the stones are dinosaurs, but she loooves her music, and plays the piano and drums. Some times i go to someone's house, and notice.. no books,... no music. Depressed lah, these person's home. Better to rawk together with family, LOL!!

BAL

bal

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by joydivision Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:41 am

puchongvinyl wrote:ha ha.

In all seriousness, we are only contemplating the Blitzkrieg date coz its open air (& thus not as loud), provided of course our kiddo wears ear plugs.

DRI will probably be just me & wifey reliving our (well, mine anyways) misspent youth.

As fer bleeding ears, in the early 90s I had the privilege of watching Motorhead. Ringing lasted over a week! And I is no shrinking violet when it comes to volume but read in papers the gig had made Guiness Book of Records as LOUDEST CONCERT OF THE YEAR. Ouch!

I watched Napalm Death few years back and it was too loud for me. I like loud rock shows, but when it gets way too loud and starts to hurt my ears, I don't think it'll be enjoyable. I also went to a Chemical Brothers DJ set. At 120dB in an altered state, that's something else. I guess it doesn't matter much when we were younger, but hearing damage is a chronic thing so watch out. Surprised
joydivision
joydivision
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 399
Registration date : 2009-05-10

Back to top Go down

Post by puchongvinyl Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:06 pm

joydivision wrote:I watched Napalm Death few years back and it was too loud for me. I like loud rock shows, but when it gets way too loud and starts to hurt my ears, I don't think it'll be enjoyable. I also went to a Chemical Brothers DJ set. At 120dB in an altered state, that's something else. I guess it doesn't matter much when we were younger, but hearing damage is a chronic thing so watch out. Surprised

Yo, I was there fer that gig as well. But we were complaining it was NOT loud enough!!! ha ha! We could actually hear ourselves talk at the back end of the venue which is not the way it should be.

In fact, we've been fer all three of napalm's gigs here. The last one was the best. Small sweaty venue with the band inches from yer face! Much louder as well.

FYI: http://www.spadesmagazine.com/2011/06/28/napalm-death-live-in-kuala-lumpur-june-27-2011-one-cafe-kl-gig-review/

puchongvinyl
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by joydivision Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:26 pm

[quote="puchongvinyl"]
joydivision wrote:I watched Napalm Death few years back and it was too loud for me. I like loud rock shows, but when it gets way too loud and starts to hurt my ears, I don't think it'll be enjoyable. I also went to a Chemical Brothers DJ set. At 120dB in an altered state, that's something else. I guess it doesn't matter much when we were younger, but hearing damage is a chronic thing so watch out. Surprised

Yo, I was there fer that gig as well. But we were complaining it was NOT loud enough!!! ha ha! We could actually hear ourselves talk at the back end of the venue which is not the way it should be.

In fact, we've been fer all three of napalm's gigs here. The last one was the best. Small sweaty venue with the band inches from yer face! Much louder as well.

FYI: http://www.spadesmagazine.com/2011/06/28/napalm-death-live-in-kuala-lumpur-june-27-2011-one-cafe-kl-gig-review/[/quote]

Cool, I wasn't there but attended the previous one. I was at One Cafe for the Buzzcocks. Awesome too! We should get together sometime and go to some gigs, puchongvinyl!
joydivision
joydivision
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 399
Registration date : 2009-05-10

Back to top Go down

Post by puchongvinyl Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:44 pm

joydivision wrote: We should get together sometime and go to some gigs, puchongvinyl!

Already pissed that I missed Dilinger Escape plan & Arch Enemy due to work commitments.

Contemplating Blitzkrieg this sat. But should be there fer Dirty Rotten Imbeciles on Sunday.

puchongvinyl
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by elhefe Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:35 am

And here I thought that there was no one in this forum that actually head bangs, pogo in the mosh pit hhhhmmmm. The last headbanging session was way back in 2000. That was for a Cannibal Corpse gig....but that was overseas...

After 2000, the loudest I went for was Incubus and Linkin Park in KL....

Now, with wife n kids... I am confined to Wings and Search to rock my heart out...

But to me, the most enjoyable gig I went to is NOFX...it was in a college hall in Manchester in 1998... Full of young chicas hahahah...

Now I wonder.... How many here are into Malaysian Underground music scene???? In the likes of Silent Death, Infectious Maggots, Carburetor Dung, ACAB, The Bollocks and the Splatters?

Marky Ramones Blitzkrieg Sat 28 April Whatsa11
elhefe
elhefe

Number of posts : 1371
Registration date : 2010-02-13

Character sheet
Source(s): Kronos PRO, Clearaudio Solutions AMG Wood, SONY MD, SONY HAP Z1 ES, HiFi ROSE RS150, ROON Nucleus, Aavik D280 DAC
Amplification: McIntosh MA9000, SPL Audio Phono
Speakers: Borresen X3, PMC Twenty5 26i, PMC Twenty LCR, PMC Twenty Sub, ARCAM AVR20, JL Audio Sub, Ascendo Sub.

http://www.notanotherhifiblog.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by puchongvinyl Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:02 pm

elhefe wrote:And here I thought that there was no one in this forum that actually head bangs, pogo in the mosh pit hhhhmmmm. The last headbanging session was way back in 2000. That was for a Cannibal Corpse gig....but that was overseas...

Now, with wife n kids... I am confined to Wings and Search to rock my heart out...

But to me, the most enjoyable gig I went to is NOFX...it was in a college hall in Manchester in 1998... Full of young chicas hahahah...

Now I wonder.... How many here are into Malaysian Underground music scene???? In the likes of Silent Death, Infectious Maggots, Carburetor Dung, ACAB, The Bollocks and the Splatters?

I is an old uncle la but headbanger at heart.

How was Incubus. Didnae go coz was put off by the tix prices. But I was there fer Linkin Park where I felt really old as majority of their fans seem to be 15 years old . . .

Best gigs I've had the privilege of witnessing were Sepultura during the Arise tour & Judas Priest during their Painkiller jaunt.

Local scene - lost touch already now. But Sil Khanaz supported Arch Enenmy on Tues & a whole host of local bangers including Koffin Kanser will be supporting DRI this sunday. Subculture are support fer Blitzkrieg.

Last local band I bought were Atomic Death - retro 80s thrashers.

Also check these guys out - pretty fooking awesome: http://www.spadesmagazine.com/2011/12/05/crown-ov-horns-infernvs-domintavs-album-review/

puchongvinyl
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by bal Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:40 pm

And i thought i was the oldest in the Linkin Park concert!! All white hair, what's left of it anyway.
That concert was a blast of fresh air man, and sound was good. Cant wait for more live noisy gigs!!

Bal sunny

bal

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by elhefe Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:57 am

puchongvinyl wrote:
elhefe wrote:And here I thought that there was no one in this forum that actually head bangs, pogo in the mosh pit hhhhmmmm. The last headbanging session was way back in 2000. That was for a Cannibal Corpse gig....but that was overseas...

I is an old uncle la but headbanger at heart.

How was Incubus. Didnae go coz was put off by the tix prices. But I was there fer Linkin Park where I felt really old as majority of their fans seem to be 15 years old . . .

Best gigs I've had the privilege of witnessing were Sepultura during the Arise tour & Judas Priest during their Painkiller jaunt.

Local scene - lost touch already now. But Sil Khanaz supported Arch Enenmy on Tues & a whole host of local bangers including Koffin Kanser will be supporting DRI this sunday. Subculture are support fer Blitzkrieg.

Last local band I bought were Atomic Death - retro 80s thrashers.

Also check these guys out - pretty fooking awesome: [url=http://www.spadesmagazine.com/2011/12/05/crown-ov-horns-infernvs-domintavs-album-review/
http://www.spadesmagazine.com/2011/12/05/crown-ov-horns-infernvs-domintavs-album-review/[/quote[/url]]

Incubus was good...atmosphere was alive and kicking...it was indoors in Bukit Kiara... Heck..I won 2 tickets from maxis...so for a free concert, it was good hehehe....

Aaaahhh Sil Khannaz....another good local band alongside Silent Death....Langsuir...I like I like...

elhefe
elhefe

Character sheet
Source(s): Kronos PRO, Clearaudio Solutions AMG Wood, SONY MD, SONY HAP Z1 ES, HiFi ROSE RS150, ROON Nucleus, Aavik D280 DAC
Speakers: Borresen X3, PMC Twenty5 26i, PMC Twenty LCR, PMC Twenty Sub, ARCAM AVR20, JL Audio Sub, Ascendo Sub.

Back to top Go down

Post by puchongvinyl Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:57 pm

Mr Moderator,

Did ye check out the Crown ov Horns? Damn good shit.

Langsuir & Silent Death - brilliant stuff!!!

Saw the formers debut live performance in KL during early 90s. "Kami adalah Langsuir dari Jengka . . . . bleeeeurrgh!!!"

The latter played a gig at my bar few year ago to launch their album. Ahhh the memories . . .

puchongvinyl
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by elhefe Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:32 pm

I am trying to find out where to get this Crown ov Horns...looks dam* satanic hahahah...

Silent Death is my all time favourite... I was surprised to see at one time....their drummer Ollie joined Carburetor Dung....from death metal to punk rawk ....but he still played like a metal drummer...

elhefe
elhefe

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by puchongvinyl Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:41 pm

elhefe wrote:I am trying to find out where to get this Crown ov Horns...looks dam* satanic hahahah...

Silent Death is my all time favourite... I was surprised to see at one time....their drummer Ollie joined Carburetor Dung....from death metal to punk rawk ....but he still played like a metal drummer...

Aik? Ye kenal Ollie?

I know him as well as Joe & Fendi from the Dung. Also Aru of Koffin kanser.

ps: Let me find the contact details fer them Crown ov Horn dudes. I think ye can mail order their CD.

puchongvinyl
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by elhefe Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:46 pm

Hahahahah....I think i can only say now that I 'used' to know them when I was active in underground scene...left the scene since 1997....nearly 15 years now...

I performed with Dung once in Piccadilly DJ ....in 1996 if not mistaken...Ollie was the drummer for Joe Kidd at that time...

Was also a disco go-er with Fathul Infactious Maggots at one time... but becuase everyone was stoned all the time....most probably we cannot remember each other anymore hahahahaha....

elhefe
elhefe

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by puchongvinyl Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:38 pm

Ha ha. Same here la. Years since I've been to an underground gig.

Actually lost touch with many of them, save fer Joe. Sometimes bump into them during shows like napalm death.

So which band were ye in?

puchongvinyl
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by elhefe Tue May 01, 2012 3:55 am

i small timer band only....actually played for a few bands...as a bidan terjun drummer.... main band... The Colourful Gays....side project...was with Mr. Martin and Mojo Tube....once or twice played with Emmett...

elhefe
elhefe

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by elhefe Sun May 13, 2012 6:55 pm

Such a nostalgic Sunday evening...Infactious Maggots...Deep Within Our Grief Factory Milk Runs Red....on cassette...

Marky Ramones Blitzkrieg Sat 28 April 7187543306_c8464e9593

elhefe
elhefe

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down