Hi-Fi 4 Sale - Malaysia / Singapore Audio Forum & Marketplace | www.hifi4sale.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

440Hz.my - expanding musical horizons
Subscribe to our Feed
addtomyyahoo4 Subscribe with BloglinesAdd to netvibes
Add to Google

Holly Cole Trio Don't Smoke In Bed 200g LP (New and Sealed) (SOLD)

Go down

Holly Cole Trio Don't Smoke In Bed 200g LP (New and Sealed) (SOLD) Empty Holly Cole Trio Don't Smoke In Bed 200g LP (New and Sealed) (SOLD)

Post by ktchoo Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:27 pm

Holly Cole Trio Don't Smoke In Bed 200g LP (New and Sealed) (SOLD) A10

This is a flat-out killer record! Highly recommended. Cole is fabulous, period. She explores a number of styles on this, her second album. Adding pop, blues, country and a French ballad to her standard, low-key jazz, Cole demonstrates that not only does she have impeccable taste, but she has the talent to make all of the material sound convincing. On "Get Out Of Town," pianist Aaron Davis gets up while playing and places one of his hands over the piano string while continuing to play with the other. This damped-string effect is an extremely interesting counterpoint to Cole's idiosyncratic, sexy style. This is an all-time audiophile favorite, now cut from the original master on Bernie Grundman's all-tube cutting system and pressed on 200-gram virgin vinyl.

This is a 200 gram weight (!) high-quality and super quiet LP pressing from Classic Records as part of their 'Quiex-SVP' series. In contrast to many CD and LP releases that are mastered from fifth or sixth generation copies, Classic used the original master tapes and cut the album using their all analog and tube amplified mastering process; allowing every conceivable detail and nuance from the original recording to be translated to this pressing. The result is arguably the best sounding release of this album ever available, easily surpassing standard CD releases. As usual, Classic have lovingly presented the album in a deluxe package featuring a high quality thick original artwork sleeve and LP labels.

Musicians:
Holly Cole, vocals
Aaron Davis, piano
Davd Piltch, bass
Joe Henderson, tenor saxophonist (6)
David Lindley, steel guitar (2)

Selections:
1. I Can See Clearly Now
2. Don't Let the Teardrops Rust Your Shining Heart
3. Get Out of Town
4. So and So
5. The Tennessee Waltz
6. Everyday Will Be Like a Holiday
7. Blame It on My Youth
8. Everything I've Got
9. Je Ne T'Aime Pas
10. Cry (If You Want To)
11. Que Sera, Sera
12. Don't Smoke in Bed

Label : Classic Records 200g LP
Condition : new and sealed
Price : SOLD
Contact / SMS : 0195941098

Last edited by ktchoo on Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:11 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : SOLD)

ktchoo
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 169
Registration date : 2011-09-01

Back to top Go down