Hi-Fi 4 Sale - Malaysia / Singapore Audio Forum & Marketplace | www.hifi4sale.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

440Hz.my - expanding musical horizons
Subscribe to our Feed
addtomyyahoo4 Subscribe with BloglinesAdd to netvibes
Add to Google

Amplifier recommendations RM 2500-3000

+4
skydna
bassraptor
mugenfoo
microkernel
8 posters

Go down

Amplifier recommendations RM 2500-3000 Empty Amplifier recommendations RM 2500-3000

Post by microkernel Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:54 pm

Hi Sifu

Just want to ask, what is the best amp around that price?
microkernel
microkernel
Regular
Regular

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2009-06-21

Character sheet
Source(s): Dacmagic, iPod, CD5i
Amplification: Naim Nait XS
Speakers: Dynaudio DM 2/7

Back to top Go down

Amplifier recommendations RM 2500-3000 Empty Re: Amplifier recommendations RM 2500-3000

Post by mugenfoo Sat Aug 22, 2009 1:40 am

what speakers r u using ?
what kind of music do u like to listen to?
Are you a CD, LP or MP3 person ?
Whats your listening environment?

Consider this phrase: "If you don't know where you are going, any road will take you there".

Apply it to hifi, & the analogy would be: "...any amp will satisfy you" Smile
mugenfoo
mugenfoo
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 2668
Registration date : 2009-04-04

Character sheet
Source(s): Technics Compact-Cassette Deck
Amplification: DIY Kit 15Watt
Speakers: Pasar Road Special.

Back to top Go down

Amplifier recommendations RM 2500-3000 Empty Re: Amplifier recommendations RM 2500-3000

Post by bassraptor Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:47 am

ha ha ... couldn't agree more. And if it's just a car to take you from Point A to Point B, anything will do.

Microkernel - "Best" is relative. Your ancillaries and choice of music play a part, too. Getting the "best" of each and putting them all together will not necessarily mean you're going to get the "best" sounding system for the price. They need to work together.

bassraptor
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1238
Registration date : 2009-01-17

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

http://www.audiofi.net

Back to top Go down

Post by microkernel Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:01 am

Thanks Bro,

mugenfoo wrote:what speakers r u using ?
mordaunt-short MS 914

what kind of music do u like to listen to?
acoustic and rock genre

Are you a CD, LP or MP3 person ?
always cd and mp3, use CA dac magic connected to pc.

Whats your listening environment?
standard living room size

adoi, my existing amp already broken la. Mad before this use soundstage hybrid amp
microkernel
microkernel
Regular
Regular

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2009-06-21

Character sheet
Source(s): Dacmagic, iPod, CD5i
Amplification: Naim Nait XS
Speakers: Dynaudio DM 2/7

Back to top Go down

Post by skydna Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:41 am

For the price range i think you can try AudioLab 8000S, it match mordaunt short Avant and carnival series well, but i very less listen to rock, you have to try it yourself~~ Very Happy
skydna
skydna
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 326
Registration date : 2009-02-23

Character sheet
Source(s): Naim
Amplification: Naim
Speakers: ProAc

Back to top Go down

Post by mugenfoo Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:47 am

Now we're getting somewhere ...

yes, the Audiolab 8KS would be a good candidate.
Also try Audio Analogue Primo series ... in the same class as well. Different sound. Try as much as u can before parting with your hard earned money.

Or if u dun mind s/hand stuff, u can get something in a better class than both the Audiolab and AA Primo.
mugenfoo
mugenfoo
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by khwong7744 Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:28 pm

consider QUAD 606 s/hand, this is power amp only, so you need pre-amp also. check forum about how people rate the QUAD 606.

khwong7744

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2009-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by sonyman1 Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:54 pm

for my opinion, there is no such thing as a best amp. any amp is good, it is just, do you like the sound reproduced by that amp, or does the amp match the speaker. or most importantly do you like that sound, and there is no right or wrong in audio world, i believe, everything is like this and the price you pay for is worth or not depends on how satisfy you are with the equipment.

sonyman1
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 137
Registration date : 2009-02-20

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by mugenfoo Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:59 am

khwong7744 wrote:consider QUAD 606 s/hand, this is power amp only, so you need pre-amp also. check forum about how people rate the QUAD 606.

Quad 606 is kinda slow and mellow sounding. Almost to the point of being a lazy amp. Not sure if it will generally suit this decade's type of music especially in the age of computer audiophiles and MP3s.

But hey, definitely do seek one out for a listen , coz who knows u might just fall in love deeply with its type of sound...
mugenfoo
mugenfoo
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by car o scope Sun Aug 23, 2009 6:42 pm

mugenfoo wrote:Now we're getting somewhere ...

yes, the Audiolab 8KS would be a good candidate.
Also try Audio Analogue Primo series ... in the same class as well. Different sound. Try as much as u can before parting with your hard earned money.

Or if u dun mind s/hand stuff, u can get something in a better class than both the Audiolab and AA Primo.

AA Primo - I assume it is the Settanta version that is being referred here.
There are 2 generations for this 70 watter.
By the way, Settanta means 70 in Italiano.
The Primo Settanta Rev2.0 is above RM3k for a new unit.
The 1st generation should be cheaper.
car o scope
car o scope
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 1081
Registration date : 2009-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post by azri Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:39 pm

check out yamaha A-s1000, 90w/ch, solid state look-a-like,
latest from yamaha natural sound line up

With the A-S2000 and now the A-S1000, Yamaha has taken the bold step of using a floating balanced configuration to update the power amplifier for serious music fans. This method, which is completely different from the pure complementary circuit that has been the main type used for the past four decades, features identical polarity on the plus and minus side of the output stage. By completely isolating the plus and minus sides of the left and right channels of both the NFB and power supplies, it achieves perfectly symmetrical operation in the output stage. The use of four sets of floating power supply units (not connected to earth), provides further operating precision. The result is very low levels of noise and distortion for exceptionally pure and transparent sound quality.

dont ask me what it means, hehe
azri
azri
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 1050
Registration date : 2009-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post by mugenfoo Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:53 am

hahahaha sounds like an exerpt from the Pioneer brochure. So has anyone here actually heard the Pioneer amp in action? i myself am also in the dark on thids.. coz haven't heard it before either.
mugenfoo
mugenfoo
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by skydna Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:18 am

azri wrote:check out yamaha A-s1000, 90w/ch, solid state look-a-like,
latest from yamaha natural sound line up

With the A-S2000 and now the A-S1000, Yamaha has taken the bold step of using a floating balanced configuration to update the power amplifier for serious music fans. This method, which is completely different from the pure complementary circuit that has been the main type used for the past four decades, features identical polarity on the plus and minus side of the output stage. By completely isolating the plus and minus sides of the left and right channels of both the NFB and power supplies, it achieves perfectly symmetrical operation in the output stage. The use of four sets of floating power supply units (not connected to earth), provides further operating precision. The result is very low levels of noise and distortion for exceptionally pure and transparent sound quality.

dont ask me what it means, hehe

Ah yamaha S-1000 i think will be a very good choice, i did listen to S-2000 before it is warm, liquid and very musical, but not for those looking for fast and dynamic, cause my friend fall as sleep even playing michael jackson, but is sound is really relax and conformable~~

mugenfoo wrote:hahahaha sounds like an exerpt from the Pioneer brochure. So has anyone here actually heard the Pioneer amp in action? i myself am also in the dark on thids.. coz haven't heard it before either.

Pioneer A-A6-J i did listen to it before i get my amplifier, it is fast, dynamic ,accurate, but seems it has less taste for me Razz
skydna
skydna
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 326
Registration date : 2009-02-23

Character sheet
Source(s): Naim
Amplification: Naim
Speakers: ProAc

Back to top Go down

Post by azri Mon Aug 24, 2009 6:42 pm

i enjoyed having yamaha amps, stereo amp (not avr)
it can last for a long time, mine has a pair of huge elna caps

i saw the s-1000 & i thought someone polish his old yamaha gear
& try to sell it back in one of local stores haha, but i was wrong of coz
by looking at the size, it is almost twice the size of my 760 mkII

wonder how it performs.. hmmm
azri
azri
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 1050
Registration date : 2009-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down