Hi-Fi 4 Sale - Malaysia / Singapore Audio Forum & Marketplace | www.hifi4sale.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

440Hz.my - expanding musical horizons
Subscribe to our Feed
addtomyyahoo4 Subscribe with BloglinesAdd to netvibes
Add to Google

Interconnects/speaker cables/power cords

3 posters

Go down

Interconnects/speaker cables/power cords Empty Interconnects/speaker cables/power cords

Post by bassraptor Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:08 am

Another topic to tap your cerebral cortex/gray matter, etc.

For a budget of RM400-600 (per component), can go 20% up or down ... what would your experience/choice be with wires, for a fast, detailed and ball-gripping sound? Can be mix and match or one-brand loom ...

bassraptor
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1238
Registration date : 2009-01-17

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

http://www.audiofi.net

Back to top Go down

Interconnects/speaker cables/power cords Empty Re: Interconnects/speaker cables/power cords

Post by sph Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:41 pm

The DIY route ......

Some good DIY cables and interconnects can be yours for much less than RM400 but performs better than the RM600 price range of most branded cables.

Besides, interconnects and power cables are not difficult to DIY. Just need some effort and some DIY skills.

sph
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 336
Registration date : 2009-03-04

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Interconnects/speaker cables/power cords Empty Re: Interconnects/speaker cables/power cords

Post by bassraptor Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:45 pm

What are good DIY wires that one can make from, then?

bassraptor
Admin
Admin

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by bal Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:33 pm

perhaps it would be 'safe' for me to mention the western electric interconnect II here in this thread... rm210 or 220, somewhere there.

Just got some Zu Bok and Zu Birth 1m long power cables from e bay..Zu audio auctions some small number of cables here, they sound amazingly good for the price, despite needing 200 hours to break in, they sound good straight out of the box. about rm300 give or take including postage cost (which isn'tcheap).

bal

Number of posts : 1275
Registration date : 2009-03-06

Character sheet
Source(s): CEC T2, Oppo blu ray, mac mini running Audirvana thro Teac ud 501 dac
Amplification: conrad Johnson, Oddessy Khartago mono b
Speakers: maggie 1.7

Back to top Go down

Post by bassraptor Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:36 pm

Ha ha ... okay, okay, Bal ... does it have that "prat" factor, the WE?

bassraptor
Admin
Admin

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by bal Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:54 pm

you know, i consider myself more of a music buff than an audiophile. I don't mind if the soundstage is shrunken or turned inside out, i don't mind if the bass isn't all there. But the one thing i do value above anything else is PRAT or Boogie factor. If it does not make me get up and want to dance, then it's thrown out.

And this cable has Boogie written all over it. For the price (and it's well within the budget you suggested), nothing i have tried beats it. I chucked out a KCAG in favor of the WE.

That kind-a speaks for itself... Very Happy

bal

Character sheet
Source(s): CEC T2, Oppo blu ray, mac mini running Audirvana thro Teac ud 501 dac

Back to top Go down

Post by bassraptor Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:02 pm

Right, could be what I'm looking for ... and where would one procure it? Is there a speaker cable as well?

bassraptor
Admin
Admin

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by bal Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:30 pm

Happy to loan you my pair and try before you put money down for it. You must know that it isn't fully broken in as yet, but it has about 40 hours on it. i'm not using it at the moment (it's used with my headphone gear, which is not being utilized due to the arrival of a new power amp for the main rig). You can try the Zu audio Birth and Bok as well. Give me a buzz or sms at 012-3058090. I am in medan damansara close to jake's or Victoria Station.
Very Happy Very Happy

bal

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by bal Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:48 pm

Wflee sells them. Look for his add in our fine forum. I think he's got power cables as well.

bal

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down