Hi-Fi 4 Sale - Malaysia / Singapore Audio Forum & Marketplace | www.hifi4sale.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

440Hz.my - expanding musical horizons
Subscribe to our Feed
addtomyyahoo4 Subscribe with BloglinesAdd to netvibes
Add to Google

Hi-Fi Tuning Fuses - any good?

+14
bal
elhefe
adrian4454
JSoo1
nic_wei
Hi-Fi 4 Sale
chenht
kamalz
joeling
vinylbuyer68
hangleng
Asrul Afrizal Anuar
WillSmith
orang asli
18 posters

Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Hi-Fi Tuning Fuses - any good? Empty Re: Hi-Fi Tuning Fuses - any good?

Post by WillSmith Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:20 pm

orang asli wrote:what fuse it this Rm190 one only u gila.

It's ONE OF THE fuse brand for those who cares about the very last drop of better sound quality they can squeeze out from their equipment. There're many true believers in tuning fuse so simply because you find the value is out of proportion either from your belief or budget that doesnt meant i am "gila". Plenty of Hifi Tuning Fuse fans around here and the rest of world and it does cost quite some for a piece, Mr Orang Asli.

Thanks for your comment. Cheers.

Last edited by WillSmith on Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

WillSmith
Dealer\Reseller\Trader\Service Provider

Number of posts : 630
Registration date : 2010-12-07

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Asrul Afrizal Anuar Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:09 pm

fuse "made in heaven" I'm a audiophile person, i never heard the stuff (fuse)can squeeze sound quality out from the equipment, it's really "GILA"
I am agree with Orang Asli, fuse is no function 4 hifi

Asrul Afrizal Anuar

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2012-07-25

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by hangleng Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:17 pm

RM190 for a branded good quality fuse is really a steal Mr. orang asli and gangs. I have tried it and the sound become more open, more air and bigger stage. Dont be mistaken, I dont know Mr. will smith either. Just to share.

hangleng
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 163
Registration date : 2009-01-22

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by WillSmith Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:32 pm

Asrul Afrizal Anuar wrote:fuse "made in heaven" I'm a audiophile person, i never heard the stuff (fuse)can squeeze sound quality out from the equipment, it's really "GILA"
I am agree with Orang Asli, fuse is no function 4 hifi

Thank you for your comment.

For personal opinion/feedback/review/belief, i believed there's another place here on this site under "DISCUSSION FORUM & KNOWLEDGE BASE" for you and Orang Asli to post your comments/feedback so we all can contribute. But for this particular thread and any threads within this link under "Audio & Video Equipment: For Sale (Malaysia & Singapore)", pls focus only on the interest of buying the item so the thread doesnt get "bumped" unnecessary and everyone gets a fair chance to post their items.

WillSmith

Number of posts : 630
Registration date : 2010-12-07

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by vinylbuyer68 Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:07 pm

The improvement you get from this fuse is substantial, well worth the money spend. Orang Asli and Asrul, try it out if you have a chance, you will not regret it.

vinylbuyer68

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2012-11-29

Back to top Go down

Post by joeling Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:58 pm

As much I hate to admit, fuses do make a difference. This coming from a person that is not so sensitive to tweaks.

Last edited by joeling on Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
joeling
joeling
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 369
Registration date : 2009-06-25

Character sheet
Source(s): Aurender, Bergmann, AMR, DCS
Amplification: ARC
Speakers: ProAc

Back to top Go down

Hi-Fi Tuning Fuses - any good? Empty Hifi Tuning Fuse - New

Post by kamalz Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:22 pm

Fuse does make a difference if you have a good system.

unlike cables, it will improve your system without changing the sound characteristic ..

Hate to admit it but it is true,,

kamalz

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2011-10-12

Back to top Go down

Hi-Fi Tuning Fuses - any good? Empty Trash - Hifi Tuning Fuse - New

Post by chenht Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:46 pm

Perhaps oen has to reach cetain level before he could appreciate what improvement certain tweak could achieve Smile

As the name "sila" suggests, just ignore him and leave him alone:)
chenht
chenht
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 103
Registration date : 2009-01-25

Character sheet
Source(s): Cary Audio
Amplification: Eletrocompaniet
Speakers: Sonus Faber

Back to top Go down

Post by Hi-Fi 4 Sale Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:25 am

Split the topic & moved it to its proper place.

Just as an aside and to clear the air...we have this member, originally marten, banned and he's since been masquerading as:

• Loong Audio
  • stereo sound
  • marten .
  • Donald ttt. (not to be confused with the real donald-ttt)
  • Donald ttt mickey 967
  • Donald ttt
  • cmy
  • orang asli
  • chicken man
  • chicken ppl
...with the last 8 usernames created within the last 24 hours. Terrible behaviour, not worth repeating and spent so much time editing posts and moving so many of them to the trash bin. Hence, for the time being, new members cannot be self-activated via email. They will
be manually activated instead, till we see an improvement in the situation.
Hi-Fi 4 Sale
Hi-Fi 4 Sale
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 934
Registration date : 2008-12-06

Character sheet
Source(s): Streamer
Amplification: Amps
Speakers: Speakers

https://www.hifi4sale.net

Back to top Go down

Post by nic_wei Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:27 pm

hangleng wrote:RM190 for a branded good quality fuse is really a steal Mr. orang asli and gangs. I have tried it and the sound become more open, more air and bigger stage. Dont be mistaken, I dont know Mr. will smith either. Just to share.

Agreed with bro hangleng, good quality fuse will improve your system. IMHO your system have to reach certain level then you can hear the improvement.
BTW I am using SINE Cryo fuse, cheaper than RM190. lol!

nic_wei
Club Member
Club Member

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2009-08-03

Character sheet
Source(s): Gold Note
Amplification: Chord
Speakers: Dynaudio

Back to top Go down

Post by JSoo1 Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:05 pm

nic_wei wrote:
hangleng wrote:RM190 for a branded good quality fuse is really a steal Mr. orang asli and gangs. I have tried it and the sound become more open, more air and bigger stage. Dont be mistaken, I dont know Mr. will smith either. Just to share.

Agreed with bro hangleng, good quality fuse will improve your system. IMHO your system have to reach certain level then you can hear the improvement.
BTW I am using SINE Cryo fuse, cheaper than RM190. lol!

There are "these" kind of people everywhere. Before this on the power subject, there are those who say power cord no difference one.. just transport power and now currently there are those saying no difference in HDMI/USB as digital are only 1 & 0. Opposing view is good but sometime bring it to harsh word are not nice. There are those who still believe that the net is freedom and no one know who you are....... so they "bark" like certain "creature"

As for SINE fuse, curious if you have seen underneath the Sticker? Or look at the Metal Gold Cap.... think you see a very familiar logo of another brand there......

For Furutech 13A UK Fuse... dont think you will find the Furutech name on it unlike its Blue colour Ceramic one where its on its Body.

And there is some of the many mystery of the Fuse world......
JSoo1
JSoo1
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 199
Registration date : 2009-03-17

Character sheet
Source(s): Flatbox with LaserHead (inside)
Amplification: Heavy Blackbox with knobs (outside)
Speakers: Brownbox with hole (front)

Back to top Go down

Post by adrian4454 Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:52 pm

I would like to stick my head our for you guys to chop Smile

In my case, my Hifi tuning fuse doesnt make a music reporduction differences in my Exposure 2010s2. The ori fuse go toe to toe with the tuning fuse. But I can hear differences when I reverse the direction of the hifi tuning fuse. that was 7 to 9 months ago.. since then, the system has gone through many other tweaks.. I believe there could have been an audible differences now, but too lazy to check it out Smile

I am not here to insinuate fuse doesnt make a difference. I ran fuse from the main distributor box rather than miniature circuit breaker. That fuse is a silver element wired, reputable industrial grade fuse, not hifi. That make a different compare to the ordinary main fuse.

It take a reviewing system to hear the differences.. u may change ur opinion when u have an open mind, and not give up on looking for answers through physical experience. Stay in this hobby longer.. u will find it.. the ocean only give away its secret to those who truly explore it..(now, this is being too sentimental)

adrian4454
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 722
Registration date : 2009-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post by elhefe Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:14 pm

Everyone has their own opinion on what can influence the sound from their hifi set up. And I respect people who take the effort to explain their belief, eventhough there is no technical nor scientific evidence. But when one start to use inappropriate language, it saddens me as its not only put a bad image on our beloved hobby but also on our website.

Hi-Fi Tuning Fuses - any good? Whatsa11
elhefe
elhefe

Number of posts : 1371
Registration date : 2010-02-13

Character sheet
Source(s): Kronos PRO, Clearaudio Solutions AMG Wood, SONY MD, SONY HAP Z1 ES, HiFi ROSE RS150, ROON Nucleus, Aavik D280 DAC
Amplification: McIntosh MA9000, SPL Audio Phono
Speakers: Borresen X3, PMC Twenty5 26i, PMC Twenty LCR, PMC Twenty Sub, ARCAM AVR20, JL Audio Sub, Ascendo Sub.

http://www.notanotherhifiblog.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by nic_wei Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:48 pm

JSoo1 wrote: As for SINE fuse, curious if you have seen underneath the Sticker? Or look at the Metal Gold Cap.... think you see a very familiar logo of another brand there......

Thank you Bro JSoo1 for the info. To me, as long as it is sound good & the price is reasonable, other things doesn't matter. I believe Cryo Treatment do improved the performance. Smile

nic_wei
Club Member
Club Member

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2009-08-03

Character sheet
Source(s): Gold Note
Amplification: Chord
Speakers: Dynaudio

Back to top Go down

Post by JSoo1 Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:12 pm

Some people look at the price first and start comparing.... Some expect a RM100 fuse to be 20 times better than a RM5 fuse. What more than a RM190 (pun intended). If put this on a power cord scenerio a Standard new IEC cost RM15. A new Shunyata Cost RM1500. So improvement expectation would be 100 times... Nice to have calculator around....

Think nowadays Cyro treatment are being done to a lot of things related to Audio. There is still other element involved. To me Cyro a standard item would bring up its market value, but a purpose-made audio item would be better as its have its intention specific and if further have cyro would be up to the designer if its warranted.
JSoo1
JSoo1
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by bal Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:27 pm

I personally feel that most normal mains fuses degrade sound quality. And i have installed a gold fuse (yes, around rm180) into my Stax headphone amp. It really helps to take away some of the digital edge, and makes the music ...how do i say this.... makes it 'glow' a bit. Nice and rich sound. Not thin.

One of the first things i did when i got my Magnaplanar speakers is to bypass the fuse on the tweeter panel. And the sound improved by leaps and bounds. Granted we are talking about mains fuses here, but really i was astonished at the improvement in imaging and transparency with the fuse bypassed. One of the upgrades i have done recently is to change all connectors to the US ones. And again with the same power cables, but different connectors, the sound is improved, i suspect due to removal of all those small fuses that exist in the UK plugs but not in the US plugs.

So if you are looking for clarity and transparency, perhaps a good place to investigate is the fuse. Do they make a difference? Yes, if my old insensitive ears can hear the difference, it would be easy for you to as well. My wife can hear the difference. She called out from the kitchen, which is near the hifi room (this was after i changed all connections to US type), and asked me what i did. I asked her why? and she said it sounded much better. So for me it's a keeper.

bal

Number of posts : 1275
Registration date : 2009-03-06

Character sheet
Source(s): CEC T2, Oppo blu ray, mac mini running Audirvana thro Teac ud 501 dac
Amplification: conrad Johnson, Oddessy Khartago mono b
Speakers: maggie 1.7

Back to top Go down

Post by kamalz Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:20 am

I agree that fuse does make a difference in sound esp if you have a good system. Once , i change to normal MK UK plug at my mains since its build look solid though . I change it for safety reason . I notice the music coming from headphone horibbly wrong .eveything is out of proportion. It wasn't 3D anymore, the soundstage could not be identified anymore, the background wasn't super silent & there is overly bright strain in the vocals during high notes & instrument sound could not be followed one by one . i had no choice but to go back to us plugs having no fuse. and spend extra cash to get safety features to replace the use of fuse

kamalz

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2011-10-12

Back to top Go down

Post by ongaaron Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:39 am

Change to these premium fuses and there is no doubt they make a difference, but at close to RM200, I do think they are overpriced. I bite my tongue to purchase it, but got me thinking that there is not much of technology behind it. Just one tiny wire even if it is 24 k gold or the best quality silver in the world. The only consolation is that most will last an equipment lifetime.

ongaaron
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 425
Registration date : 2009-01-21

Character sheet
Source(s): MF AMSCD
Amplification: Audia Flight
Speakers: Wilson Benesch

Back to top Go down

Post by JSoo1 Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:48 pm

A Quick Question to those using HiFi Tuning Fuse.

Notice Supreme Fuse is Black Ceramic Body with Silver colour cap.

Then there is those with White Ceramic Body with Gold colour Cap and one more with White Ceramic Body with Silver Colour Cap.

Curious, do HiFi Tuning have different generation and or make beside Size difference between 20mm, 25mm and 32mm....
JSoo1
JSoo1
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by 1541 Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:51 am

orang asli wrote:what fuse it this Rm190 one only u gila.

Its a piece of good conductor.made of piece silver wire. Offer best conductivity over tungsten filament.

If your system costing >10K, with it u hear more better as compare to 1k system.

Number of posts : 687
Registration date : 2010-11-18

Character sheet
Source(s): 1541`s品种狂机
Amplification: Nac42/Nap90
Speakers: SARA

Back to top Go down

Post by zeebee Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:05 am

I've replaced my Maggies's standard fuses these silver ones (and some other equipments) while it may not be night and day, IMHO, the differences r worthwhile d small effort. As 1541 sez, should be looked at relative to d price equipment. Ferinstance, I still wouldn't spend on a cable worth more than d equipment. Exclamation
zeebee
zeebee
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 563
Registration date : 2009-02-05

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by JSoo1 Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:24 pm

ongaaron wrote:Change to these premium fuses and there is no doubt they make a difference, but at close to RM200, I do think they are overpriced. I bite my tongue to purchase it, but got me thinking that there is not much of technology behind it. Just one tiny wire even if it is 24 k gold or the best quality silver in the world. The only consolation is that most will last an equipment lifetime.

The technology expectation is simple.. it blow at the designated surge... The high premium on price due to material used and the process of making it and confirming it will indeed do its work when needed. Also, cannot rely on economy of scale as there isnt enough audiophile to buy the whole lot.... So, ended up expensive...
JSoo1
JSoo1
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Angry_Hifi Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:28 pm

hifi tuning fuse cost more bcos it is hand made in batch. When they are making 1A,their whole production line will be only making 1A fuse so n so, those skilled old uncle auntie can not be forced to produce large in quantity.They are insisting on quality matters above all consideration,so end user pay the price.

Apart of that they are also using latest freezing technology on fuse end caps and wires and that made the cost a lot more to pay.

Since it is not a usual mass production based manufacturing,and the fuse are the main course.One would expect to pay more for a very specific product.
Angry_Hifi
Angry_Hifi

Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2011-11-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down