Hi-Fi 4 Sale - Malaysia / Singapore Audio Forum & Marketplace | www.hifi4sale.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

440Hz.my - expanding musical horizons
Subscribe to our Feed
addtomyyahoo4 Subscribe with BloglinesAdd to netvibes
Add to Google

The Blues And Abstract Truth LP

Go down

The Blues And Abstract Truth LP Empty The Blues And Abstract Truth LP

Post by TheVinlyShop Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:18 am

Label: Analogue Productions (Impulse)
Genre: Jazz
Product No.: AIPJ 5
Format: 45 RPM Vinyl Record
No. of Discs: 2
Note: 180 gram

Description
Tracks

"With Analogue Productions' new 45 rpm vinyl pressing of Oliver Nelson's The Blues and the Abstract Truth, we finally have a reissue of this great album that's worth buying...A few 'audiophile' reissues have come out over the years, in vinyl and aluminum, but this is the first that comes close to the wondrous sonics of the original black-and-orange pressing." - Fred Kaplan, Stereophile

The Blues and the Abstract Truth is one of my favorite jazz recordings. What a group of heavy-weight performers! Besides Oliver Nelson on tenor sax, you've got the incomparable Bill Evans on piano, Freddie Hubbard on trumpet, Paul Chambers on bass, Roy Haynes on drums, and Eric Dolphy on flute and alto sax. This is the jazz equivalent of a super-group." - Jim Hannon, AVguide.com

"...Let me cut to the chase here and recommend that you buy two copies - one to enjoy and the other to hold for resale, because some day Acoustic Sounds' license will run out and lots of jazz fans will be kicking themselves for not buying a copy. Kevin Gray has turned out a perfect remastering job and this is my choice for reissue of the year." Recording = 10/10; Music = 10/10 - Dennis Davis, Hi-Fi+, Issue 68
As Oliver Nelson is known primarily as a big band leader and arranger, he is lesser known as a saxophonist and organizer of small ensembles. Blues And The Abstract Truth is his triumph as a musician for the aspects of not only defining the sound of an era with his all-time classic "Stolen Moments," but on this recording, assembling one of the most potent modern jazz sextets ever. Lead trumpeter Freddie Hubbard is at his peak of performance, while alto saxophonists Nelson and Eric Dolphy (Nelson doubling on tenor) team to for an unlikely union that was simmered to perfection. Bill Evans (piano), Paul Chambers (bass) and Roy Haynes (drums) can do no wrong as a rhythm section.

Originally released in 1961.

Oliver Nelson, alto saxophone, tenor saxophone
George Barrow, baritone saxophone
Paul Chambers, bass
Eric Dolphy, flute, alto saxophone
Bill Evans, piano
Roy Haynes, drums
Freddie Hubbard, trumpet

The Blues And Abstract Truth LP Aipj_510

Price:RM270
The Vinyl shop 0321100584
Sungei Wang Plaza