Hi-Fi 4 Sale - Malaysia / Singapore Audio Forum & Marketplace | www.hifi4sale.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

440Hz.my - expanding musical horizons
Subscribe to our Feed
addtomyyahoo4 Subscribe with BloglinesAdd to netvibes
Add to Google

HF4S 2012 Forumers Unofficial Awards Poll

+6
wingman
ongaaron
soonthas
cyh
bal
elhefe
10 posters

Go down

HF4S 2012 Forumers Unofficial Awards Poll Empty HF4S 2012 Forumers Unofficial Awards Poll

Post by elhefe Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:26 pm

Ok friends, as suggested by cyh, lets have some fun by running this poll. Everyone can cast a nomination on anybody/any product. You can even nominate more than one name for each award.

Just copy and paste the categories below and put in the names. We will run the poll till 5th Jan. We will then round up the winners.

For products, it does not represent the actual performance of it, it is just based on what you like. E.g. iPad

For person, this is just for fun. So hopefully no hard feelings.

1. Best HF4S Reviewer

2. Most Useful Tip (New)

3. Best GBC (Geographically Based Community)

4. Most Interesting HF4S Discussion Topics/Post

5. Quietest HF4S Member

6. Unsung Heroes of HF4S

7. Person Of The Year

8. Best Forum Contributor (New)

9. Most Undervalued Product (New)

10. Most Valued Product (New)

Last edited by elhefe on Tue Dec 25, 2012 1:26 pm; edited 2 times in total

HF4S 2012 Forumers Unofficial Awards Poll Whatsa11
elhefe
elhefe

Number of posts : 1371
Registration date : 2010-02-13

Character sheet
Source(s): Kronos PRO, Clearaudio Solutions AMG Wood, SONY MD, SONY HAP Z1 ES, HiFi ROSE RS150, ROON Nucleus, Aavik D280 DAC
Amplification: McIntosh MA9000, SPL Audio Phono
Speakers: Borresen X3, PMC Twenty5 26i, PMC Twenty LCR, PMC Twenty Sub, ARCAM AVR20, JL Audio Sub, Ascendo Sub.

http://www.notanotherhifiblog.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

HF4S 2012 Forumers Unofficial Awards Poll Empty Re: HF4S 2012 Forumers Unofficial Awards Poll

Post by bal Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:44 pm

El,
quick question, what's a 'machine gun of the year?' ... sorry, not used to the lingo...

bal

Number of posts : 1275
Registration date : 2009-03-06

Character sheet
Source(s): CEC T2, Oppo blu ray, mac mini running Audirvana thro Teac ud 501 dac
Amplification: conrad Johnson, Oddessy Khartago mono b
Speakers: maggie 1.7

Back to top Go down

HF4S 2012 Forumers Unofficial Awards Poll Empty Re: HF4S 2012 Forumers Unofficial Awards Poll

Post by elhefe Tue Dec 25, 2012 1:26 pm

Bal,

Sorry...meant to change that one from last year's. Replaced it with the most useful tip award.

elhefe
elhefe

Character sheet
Source(s): Kronos PRO, Clearaudio Solutions AMG Wood, SONY MD, SONY HAP Z1 ES, HiFi ROSE RS150, ROON Nucleus, Aavik D280 DAC
Speakers: Borresen X3, PMC Twenty5 26i, PMC Twenty LCR, PMC Twenty Sub, ARCAM AVR20, JL Audio Sub, Ascendo Sub.

Back to top Go down

Post by cyh Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:59 pm

Ok my suggestions-

Best HF4S Reviewer- The undisputed returning champion…elhelfe. 9 reviews in 2012. I have a feeling this guy’s going to a ‘Nichol
David’ e.g. champion year after year.

Sleep

Best GBC (Geographically Based Community) of the Year- NSAG! Again! Weekly sessions still very healthy. Member numbers have grown abit. Equipment
count have increase with some and decrease with others. However there’s still
toys to play, words to say and teh tarik to drink. Forum presence may have
quite down a bit but it is still the place you want to be, apart from errr..KFC
cheers Sleep Sleep

Most Interesting HF4S Discussion Topics/Post
- Most of the time why
we visit this forum- A/V Equipment for
Sale
and Equipment Discussions-
where friends are made and non believers are obliterated- tie

Quietest HF4S Member- mugenfoo-
aiyoh enough already lah! Come back all is forgiven!

Very Happy

Unsung Heroes of HF4S- The
Veterans
, I believe, all forums need newbies to drive the interest and enthusiasm
of any given topic(hobbies etc) but it is the ‘veterans’ (for the lack of a
better word) or ‘sifus’ if you like. These people when they are around would
give good advise, share experiences and point one to the ‘right’ direction if
they so chose. Yea, sometimes they can be cranky, moody or maybe angry but it’s
all because of wanting to show and guide and to share. But take them away, most
of us will be going around in circles in this forum.Believe me words can and
sometimes do get in the way wanting to show good but if we were to meet one of
these Veterans aka sifus, over tea, one can really begin to understand who they
are and what they are really made of.

Person Of The Year 2012- Mr
Jo Ki
, Mr LS 3/5A, Mr Enthusiasm all 3 persons roll into 1.

Time after time, Mr Jo will always
welcome friends or kakis, newbies or
vintage chaps, SS, even tubies, believers or skeptics to his humble abode with open arms. Ever
willing to share his stories of his 2nd true love and his hifi
journey. Very, very experience not only with LS 3/5A and vintage stuff but also
knowledgeable with modern kits and hi-res stuff too. Inventor of the Ki Method,
one will learn a lot of stuff from him, even after a short talk over err…satay

king

.....and as for the equipment categories, I leave it to you elf.
cyh
cyh
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 326
Registration date : 2009-01-22

Back to top Go down

Post by cyh Tue Dec 25, 2012 4:07 pm

Ai Yoh! Miss one!

Best HF4S Dealer-- My vote goes to - loyhifi
Quietly been here for years...doing his business, never intruding (although wish he would say something Very Happy ). Understand that he's easy to talk to and negotiate with. Reasonable prices.
Nothing frazzles him, not even troublemakers.
cyh
cyh
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by soonthas Tue Dec 25, 2012 4:34 pm

Hi cyh,

Since when you've become Tori Amos..... Very Happy

soonthas
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 208
Registration date : 2009-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post by cyh Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:36 pm

Hi cyh,

Since when you've become Tori Amos..... Very Happy

Hi soonthas! How are you? Yah lor...today I'm Tori, tomorrow am something else. Just what I'm listening to right now, flavour of the week if you like.
cyh
cyh
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by elhefe Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:40 pm

Thanks cyh for being the first voter.

But I am sure you can also come up with the Most Valued and Undervalued Product for this year. It can even be a Tori Amos LP. Smile

elhefe
elhefe

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by ongaaron Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:12 am

Ya, thanks for the reminder. Where has mugenfoo dissapeared? Kinda miss his presence. I always like a straight shooter. Joki should easily be a top contender for person of the year. A true polished gentleman who is generous with his advice and always make you welcome at his room years after years at our HiFi shows. Always look forward to meet him. He has my VOTE.

ongaaron
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 425
Registration date : 2009-01-21

Character sheet
Source(s): MF AMSCD
Amplification: Audia Flight
Speakers: Wilson Benesch

Back to top Go down

Post by elhefe Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:07 am

Poll Update 26 Dec:

1. Best HF4S Reviewer

- elhefe (1 vote)

2. Most Useful Tip (New)

- Dr. Who on checking TNB meter (1 vote)

- NSAG (1 Vote)

- For Sale section (1 vote)
- Equipment Discussion (1 vote)

5. Quietest HF4S Member

- mugenfoo (2 votes)

6. Unsung Heroes of HF4S

- The veterans (1 vote)

7. Person Of The Year

- Jo Ki (2 votes)

- NIL

- NIL

- NIL

11. Best Dealer (New)

- loyhifi (1 vote)

elhefe
elhefe

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by wingman Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:30 am

My Vote...

- Reviewer of the Year ( two infect )

Vote - goes without saying - elhefe.

Vote - Bassraptor for chaneeling his reviews indirectly via his Web / Facebook.

Both forummers have had oppurtunities to try new gear/s where most of us would only view or listen to them in delaers premises. Charting the roadmap of things to come and expect. And most importantly keeping the flames going......Twisted EvilArrowTwisted Evil. Kudos....Very Happy

- Most Interesting HF4S Discussion Topics/Post

Vote - Equipment Discussion (1 vote)

- Quietest HF4S Member

Vote - mugenfoo (1 vote). (My view on his character in Hifi4sale - Well read and no flavouring added. )

- Person Of The Year ( have two infect )

Vote - Jo Ki (1 vote) - Accomodating and ever willing to dish out his advice without weight. Missed his invitation to catch up at KLAV this year. But there is AMCorp Mall...especially at Asia Sound or the Kedai Mamak at Ground floor. Unfortunately have not been to Amcorp for a very very long time......

Vote - Bal ( 1 vote )- positive minded and ever willing to share his journey.

- Best Dealer

- loyhifi (1 vote) - had an oppurtunity to acquire an item from him. Simple and easy dealer.

cheers Very Happy

Last edited by wingman on Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:01 am; edited 2 times in total
wingman
wingman
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 855
Registration date : 2009-08-10

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by ongaaron Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:49 am

Loyhifi. Realistic opening price. Honest. Easy to negotiate. He has my VOTE.

ongaaron
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 425
Registration date : 2009-01-21

Character sheet
Source(s): MF AMSCD
Amplification: Audia Flight
Speakers: Wilson Benesch

Back to top Go down

Post by fizi Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:38 am

Bro Elhefe,

""What Are You Listening To Right Now" by Mr Sting

One of the best Idea
fizi
fizi
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 1294
Registration date : 2009-02-16

Character sheet
Source(s): Analog - Lenco/Sota/Thorens/Roksan TT/Akai Reel Player / Digital - Ladiva
Amplification: DIY
Speakers: Harbeth/JBL?LINN

Back to top Go down

Post by bal Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:52 am

HF4S 2012 Forumers Unofficial Awards Poll Empty

1. Best HF4S Reviewer... El, you take the prize here my friend. Always wonderful to read your impressions on products.

2. Most Useful Tip (New)... For those amongst us who are batchelors, follow Fizi's lead and find a life partner who shares your passion for hifi and music, or at least just approve of it. Invite all your hifi friends to the wedding, so you can show her that you are not the only loony who loves music and the machines we use to play music on. Save you much heart ache!!Laughing

3. Best GBC (Geographically Based Community)... hands down it's our friends in Seremban. I;m not from Negeri but even i like to read their posts. So much friendship there, so much support for each other. Outings to members homes, discussion in makan shops, sigh, makes me want to move there.... Very Happy

4. Most Interesting HF4S Discussion Topics/Post.. i really appreciate the effort Jat puts in his thread for DIY monster sub for HT use. My Goodness, the thread has seen more than 2,000 hits. And the attention to detail, the pictures, tons of them ... this is REAL information for us all to use. If ever i am in the market for a sub, i would use Jat's thread and experience to make my own. Many thanks for all your effort and the countless hours you took to upload all those pictures.

5. Quietest HF4S Member... Yeemeng1980. Joined 4.10.2011, zero posts or threads. So Mugenfoo, you have competition...

6. Unsung Heroes of HF4S... Joki. And his friends who pulled off the comemorative cd for hifi show kl 2012. I cannot imagine the trouble they went to, speaking and negotiating with all those marketing or production people from the various music labels to get the rights for next to nothing (i'm assuming this of course... but i can still imagine the work, the headaches and nightmares they went thro for all of this)... and look back, ...not a word of complain or bitching about the effort and trouble they had to got thro. That's why i say they are 'unsung.'. I have the cd, and am proud to own it. Rm10 bucks,,, my god, such value. And they did it all for us. Take a bow guys, take a well deserved bow. Very Happy

7. Person Of The Year ...Bass Raptor, the ol' lizard hisself.

8. Best Forum Contributor (New)... Jedi-'Dude'-Savant. Posts everywhere, all positive, honest and good. Wicked sense of humor, and he writes really well too. Like his monicker, one of the coolest dudes on the forum.

9. Most Undervalued Product (New)... chchyoung89's astonishingly low cost usb DAC. For next to nothing, our new friends starting out on a low budget need not fear... this product will get them going on computer audio for chicken feed money. And going by some reviews (El, you reviewed it if i remember correctly...), it seems very very good value for the next to nothing money asked for.

10. Most Valued Product (New)...Wflee's Western Electric interconnects. Just read the glowing reviews (not just mine by the way..). Exceptional value for money.

There you have it... Bal's honest to goodness impression of true winners in the above cathegories. But honestly, we are all winners when it comes to how much we enjoy our music in our life. Someone once said somewhere that when you enter into a home, and there is no music nor any books, that would be a sad, sad undernourished soul living in that home. Thankfully in the area of music at least we are all 'well fed'!!What a Face

bal

Character sheet
Source(s): CEC T2, Oppo blu ray, mac mini running Audirvana thro Teac ud 501 dac

Back to top Go down

Post by elhefe Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:54 am

Poll Update 28 Dec:

1. Best HF4S Reviewer

- elhefe (3 votes)
- bassraptor (1 vote)

2. Most Useful Tip (New)

- Fizi's example of finding a life partner who shares the same passion in hifi (1 vote)

- NSAG (2 Votes)

- Equipment Discussion (2 votes)
- What are You Listening To Right Now by Mr. Sting (1 vote)
- DIY Monster Sub by Jat (1 vote)

5. Quietest HF4S Member

- mugenfoo (3 votes)
- yeemeng1980 (1 vote)

6. Unsung Heroes of HF4S

- The veterans (1 vote)
- Jo Ki ( 1 vote)

7. Person Of The Year

- Jo Ki (3 votes)
- Bal (1 vote)
- bassraptor (1 vote)

- Jedisavant (1 vote)

- chchyoung89 Naked USB DAC UD100 (1 vote)

- Wflee's Western Electric IC (1 vote)

11. Best Dealer (New)

- loyhifi (3 votes)

elhefe
elhefe

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by JediSavant Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:35 am

Person of the year: Bal...
JediSavant
JediSavant
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 592
Registration date : 2011-08-23

Character sheet
Source(s): RegaPlanar3 w DenonDL103
Amplification: Exposure 2010s2
Speakers: SonusFaberToyTower

Back to top Go down

Post by sph Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:38 am

My vote goes to Bal for "Person of the Year".

Nice guy ... Always willing to help others.

sph
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 336
Registration date : 2009-03-04

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by elhefe Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:54 pm

Poll Update New Year's Eve:

1. Best HF4S Reviewer

- elhefe (3 votes)
- bassraptor (1 vote)

2. Most Useful Tip (New)

- Fizi's example of finding a life partner who shares the same passion in hifi (1 vote)

- NSAG (2 Votes)

- DIY Monster Sub by Jat (1 vote)

5. Quietest HF4S Member

- mugenfoo (3 votes)
- yeemeng1980 (1 vote)

6. Unsung Heroes of HF4S

- The veterans (1 vote)
- Jo Ki ( 1 vote)

7. Person Of The Year

- Jo Ki (3 votes)
- Bal (3 votes)
- bassraptor (1 vote)

- Jedisavant (1 vote)

- chchyoung89 Naked USB DAC UD100 (1 vote)

11. Best Dealer (New)

- loyhifi (3 votes)

elhefe
elhefe

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by elhefe Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:16 pm

Keep it coming guys.... And with this.... I have made my 1000th posting on this forum.... A big milestone to close out this year hehehehe...

elhefe
elhefe

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by zulkifar Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:03 am

My biggest vote goes to the guys behind hifi4sale.
Keep up the efforts and HAPPY NEW YEAR!

My Poll:

1. Best HF4S Reviewer

- elhefe (for his untiring efforts)

2. Most Useful Tip (New)

- Dr. Who on checking TNB meter (at least we now know)

- NSAG (by far)

- DIY Monster Sub (Good articulation and details)

5. Quietest HF4S Member

- mugenfoo (indepth and frank views)

6. Unsung Heroes of HF4S

- pass

7. Person Of The Year

- Bal (nice and candid)

- pass

- pass

- pass

11. Best Dealer (New)

- loyhifi (good details and selection)

zulkifar
Club Member
Club Member

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2009-10-27

Character sheet
Source(s): LP,CD
Amplification: SET
Speakers: Dynamic

Back to top Go down

Post by bal Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:09 am

Congratulations El, 1000 wonderful posts, all of which are worth reading.

Happy new year guys, may 2013 burn some if not all of the demons of 2012. May your fires burn bright. May you roam far, but always find shelter from the storm, and find your way back home safe again. May prosperity greet you at every turn, and may your loved ones ever be safe from harm. As well as you.

God bless. Very Happy Very Happy What a Face

bal

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by elhefe Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:37 am

Last day to cast vote....and the following is my vote:

1. Best HF4S Reviewer

- Auronthas for his Dacmagic 3 review

2. Most Useful Tip (New)

- audition before purchase. Its quite a common tip we give to the question of will this speaker suit this amp or will this cd player match this amp?

- with no doubt NSAG

- Speaker placement and room coupling by DrWho

5. Quietest HF4S Member

- mugenfoo...although he is not quite outside this forum heheheh

6. Unsung Heroes of HF4S

- admin and other moderators and all forummers who helped the moderators by PMing us for any misbehaviour of members in the forum

7. Person Of The Year

- Bal...I personally is indebt with him for lending me his Stax headphones.
Friendly and full of life. Positive attitude all the time.

- Jedi dude

- Naked USB DAC

- MF M1 ViNL

11. Best dealer

- Nil for me as I have not purchased anything from the forum this year.

elhefe
elhefe

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by elhefe Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:12 pm

Poll Update On last day 5th Jan:

1. Best HF4S Reviewer

- elhefe (4 votes)
- bassraptor (1 vote)
- auronthas (1 vote)

2. Most Useful Tip (New)

- Dr. Who on checking TNB meter (2 vote)
- audition before purchase (1 vote)

- NSAG (4 Votes)

- DIY Monster Sub by Jat (2 votes)
- speaker placement and room coupling (1 vote)

5. Quietest HF4S Member

- mugenfoo (4 votes)
- yeemeng1980 (1 vote)

6. Unsung Heroes of HF4S

- The veterans (1 vote)
- Jo Ki ( 1 vote)
- admin, mods and forum members

7. Person Of The Year

- Jo Ki (3 votes)
- Bal (5 votes)
- bassraptor (1 vote)

- Jedisavant (2 votes)

- chchyoung89 Naked USB DAC UD100 (2 votes)

- MF M1 ViNL (1 vote)

11. Best Dealer (New)

- loyhifi (4 votes)

elhefe
elhefe

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by elhefe Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:08 am

Voting is CLOSED.

Official winners listed below....CONGRATS... now go get yourself a teh tarik on me heheheh.

1. Best HF4S Reviewer

- elhefe (4 votes) - THANKS !

2. Most Useful Tip (New)

- Dr. Who on checking TNB meter (3 votes)

- NSAG (4 Votes)

- DIY Monster Sub by Jat (2 votes)

5. Quietest HF4S Member

- mugenfoo (4 votes)

6. Unsung Heroes of HF4S

- The veterans (1 vote)
- Jo Ki ( 1 vote)
- admin, mods and forum members (1 vote)

7. Person Of The Year

- Bal (5 votes)

- Jedisavant (2 votes)

- chchyoung89 Naked USB DAC UD100 (2 votes)

- MF M1 ViNL (1 vote)

11. Best Dealer (New)

- loyhifi (4 votes)

elhefe
elhefe

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by JediSavant Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:29 am

WooHoo!!
JediSavant
JediSavant
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 592
Registration date : 2011-08-23

Character sheet
Source(s): RegaPlanar3 w DenonDL103
Amplification: Exposure 2010s2
Speakers: SonusFaberToyTower

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down