Hi-Fi 4 Sale - Malaysia / Singapore Audio Forum & Marketplace | www.hifi4sale.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

440Hz.my - expanding musical horizons
Subscribe to our Feed
addtomyyahoo4 Subscribe with BloglinesAdd to netvibes
Add to Google

Kenny Burrell with Coleman Hawkins - Bluesey Burrell LP

Go down

Kenny Burrell with Coleman Hawkins - Bluesey Burrell LP Empty Kenny Burrell with Coleman Hawkins - Bluesey Burrell LP

Post by TheVinlyShop Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:22 am

Kenny Burrell with Coleman Hawkins - Bluesey Burrell

Label: Analogue Productions (Fantasy)
Genre: Jazz
Product No.: AJAZ 29
Category: 45 RPM Vinyl Record

No. of Discs: 2

Description Tracks

This session is a model of the emotionally intense ballad programs featured on Prestige's Moodsville subsidiary. The great Kenny Burrell receives a major assist from saxophone patriarch Coleman Hawkins (who is in exemplary early-Sixties form), Hawkins' rhythm section of the time (made up exclusively of natives of Burrell's hometown Detroit) and conga drummer Ray Barretto. The choice of material and variety of settings are inspired, with Burrell heard solo on "No More," over just bass and drums on "Guilty," in two different settings and on three titles by the full sextet. Each soloist is fully engaged throughout, with things shifting into even higher gear when Burrell and Hawkins converse on "Montono Blues" and "I Thought About You."
Tres Palabras
No More
Guilty
Montono Blues
I Thought About You
Out of this World
It's Getting Dark

Kenny Burrell with Coleman Hawkins - Bluesey Burrell LP Ajaz_210

Price:RM270
The vinyl shop 0321100584,0321439406
Sungei wang plaza

TheVinlyShop