Hi-Fi 4 Sale - Malaysia / Singapore Audio Forum & Marketplace | www.hifi4sale.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

440Hz.my - expanding musical horizons
Subscribe to our Feed
addtomyyahoo4 Subscribe with BloglinesAdd to netvibes
Add to Google

WTB A CD PLAYER

+5
samazzah
fizi
antaklugom
DrWho
tan8787
9 posters

Go down

WTB A CD PLAYER Empty WTB A CD PLAYER

Post by tan8787 Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:59 am

I'M NOT SURE WHAT BRAND TO BUY....JUST PM ME WHAT U GOT ...THANKS

tan8787

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2012-03-30

Back to top Go down

WTB A CD PLAYER Empty Re: WTB A CD PLAYER

Post by DrWho Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:16 pm

Wow! 4 posts and you have 2 reputations. How did you achieve that? Very Happy
DrWho
DrWho
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 376
Registration date : 2009-10-05

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers: Genelec

Back to top Go down

Post by tan8787 Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:37 pm

Well, i'm also not sure how I got that.....

tan8787

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2012-03-30

Back to top Go down

Post by antaklugom Tue May 07, 2013 9:29 am

Hi Tan, I have a Sansui CD-X310 CD Player with Remote. MINT Condition and NO
scratch. comes with REMOTE and has the Digital Out for connecting DAC.
Selling RM300 Only. Comes with Box as it is NOS.
antaklugom
antaklugom
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 179
Registration date : 2009-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by fizi Wed May 08, 2013 11:49 am

tan8787 wrote:I'M NOT SURE WHAT BRAND TO BUY....JUST PM ME WHAT U GOT ...THANKS

Check ur mail box Very Happy
fizi
fizi
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 1294
Registration date : 2009-02-16

Character sheet
Source(s): Analog - Lenco/Sota/Thorens/Roksan TT/Akai Reel Player / Digital - Ladiva
Amplification: DIY
Speakers: Harbeth/JBL?LINN

Back to top Go down

Post by samazzah Wed May 08, 2013 12:53 pm

Future proof advice - get a BD player from any of the major makers but don't forget a decent DAC (not too expensive). It will beat any of the second hand CD players out there (even the new ones too, esoteric even if you have to the time to compare). Priced cheaper to boot. Compare, compare, compare
samazzah
samazzah
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 137
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Character sheet
Source(s): CA Azur 851 Streamer/Michell Gyro/OL Conqueror/ VDH Frog
Amplification: Nuprime STA-9
Speakers: B&W 706 /AVI DM 10

Back to top Go down

Post by antaklugom Wed May 08, 2013 5:10 pm

Samazzah, I have not use any DAC, what brand/model (budget or Medium priced)
is good to Partner my Onkyo DX-706 CD Player ?
I read Good Review about Cambridge Audio DacMagic Plus (which can also
be used as Pre-Amp) Has anyone here tried that model ?

Thanks for your response.....
antaklugom
antaklugom
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by samazzah Wed May 08, 2013 10:50 pm

Hi antaklugom, OK here's the lowdown. What we are trying to achieve is a bit perfect retrieval of the data from your CD and that's the reason for a BD player (the tracking performance is much higher than CD). But to answer your question which one, the CA DacMagic is good, so are the Rega DACs and if you are adventurous try the FIIO DACs (just search FIIO), they are more studio types and for budget but still very good. If you want to pay more money, M2tech is very good (just ask CN Lim @ Amcorp mall). Good luck then, remember, the biggest bang for the buck. Good CD players (if you must buy CD players and do not expect any upgrades - Cambridge Audio/Audiolab/Bryston - good enough to be with the best) Why? Because the DAC chips keep improving and the era of jitter, resolution has nearly been perfected and the older ones aren't really worth it. And the cost of the DAC chips, under RM100, and how much was that esoteric player? RM15k+++
Good luck then.
samazzah
samazzah
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by azirulfahmie Wed May 08, 2013 11:00 pm

samazzah wrote:Hi antaklugom, OK here's the lowdown. What we are trying to achieve is a bit perfect retrieval of the data from your CD and that's the reason for a BD player (the tracking performance is much higher than CD). But to answer your question which one, the CA DacMagic is good, so are the Rega DACs and if you are adventurous try the FIIO DACs (just search FIIO), they are more studio types and for budget but still very good. If you want to pay more money, M2tech is very good (just ask CN Lim @ Amcorp mall). Good luck then, remember, the biggest bang for the buck. Good CD players (if you must buy CD players and do not expect any upgrades - Cambridge Audio/Audiolab/Bryston - good enough to be with the best) Why? Because the DAC chips keep improving and the era of jitter, resolution has nearly been perfected and the older ones aren't really worth it. And the cost of the DAC chips, under RM100, and how much was that esoteric player? RM15k+++
Good luck then.

ahaa.... quite some time I do not hear someone talking about DAC other than TDA1541's... Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil .....

azirulfahmie
azirulfahmie
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 161
Registration date : 2009-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post by samazzah Fri May 10, 2013 9:45 am

Hi Azirulfahmie,

Problem is that in M'sia - especially in this blog site, there are 2 main groups; the old-die-hard enthusiast still hanging on to their legacy equipment and the younger, more well-off ones who refuse to believe that there are better and much cheaper equipment around. There is a 3rd group, the fanatics who believe in super special cables, stabilizers and so on and are willing to pay huge amounts for what are only small and practically imperceptible improvements.
samazzah
samazzah
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Wikin Fri May 10, 2013 12:53 pm

Actually Samazzah, there are more than just 3 groups. Everybody has their own preference and setup skills which is what makes the world go round. At the end of the day, its the setup skill that counts. One can talk till the cow comes home but we really need to listen to the eventual sound in his/her setup to confirm if one is just full of hot air or full of wisdom. Cool

cheers
Wikin
Wikin
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 439
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Character sheet
Source(s): PC Audio
Amplification: Tri Amping Active
Speakers: High Eff Open Baffle

Back to top Go down

Post by mthoi Fri May 10, 2013 2:56 pm

Hi Samad/Wikin,

I would like to add the DIY group, that tinkers around old and new audio technologies. Daresay Wikin and I may fall into this category.

I have 3 CD/DVD/BR players that are in various stage of disassembly/modifications. Most of the modern player has internet, external storage, DSP interface that makes them a good platform for CAS and multichannel audio. This is a new area that I am spending hobby-time on at present.

Whether it sounds better than commercial product is a subjective matter.

mthoi
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 241
Registration date : 2009-02-26

Character sheet
Source(s): Marantz SAKI Pearl, Michell Gyro, Garrard 401, Lenco L75, Technics SL1200II
Amplification: c3g/F2a + C3m/300b PP biamp, 26 Preamp, 76 Preamp + 2A3/845, c3o/300b, Quad 34/606
Speakers: Harbeth SHL5, Altec A7 288-8G/1505B VOTT + JBL 2404H, Tyler Acoustics + Altec 288/Jabo Horns

Back to top Go down

Post by samazzah Fri May 10, 2013 3:16 pm

Guys, I knew my statement would elicit that response, but you fall into the 1st group. Needn't matter if you are the DIY type, I am that too, but I don't keep old stuff either. I do my best to keep up with the new but maintain that the reference is real music and that I check from time to time. Good luck in your hobby then.
samazzah
samazzah
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by 1541 Fri May 10, 2013 6:16 pm

Pls understand your taste first.
No matter DIY/vintage /modern system,as long as it can offer good music /pleasure,and you are comfortable with the $$ you `ve spent,it serve the purpose. Which mode to chose it all depend on how serious you are into this hobby.
usually one man`s meat is another man`s poison.
if you ask me in person,i will strongly recomend you CDM1 or CDM4 based CD player for reasons. Pm me i can explain more.

Pls do not argue such controversial topic- modern vs vontage, To each has thier own Camp. No one is right and neither one is Wrong. You must hear both to find which suit your ears better then move on,dont look back and respect your decision.
Dealer\Reseller\Trader\Service Provider

Number of posts : 687
Registration date : 2010-11-18

Character sheet
Source(s): 1541`s品种狂机
Amplification: Nac42/Nap90
Speakers: SARA

Back to top Go down

Post by 1541 Fri May 10, 2013 6:43 pm

azirulfahmie wrote:
samazzah wrote:Hi antaklugom, OK here's the lowdown. What we are trying to achieve is a bit perfect retrieval of the data from your CD and that's the reason for a BD player (the tracking performance is much higher than CD). But to answer your question which one, the CA DacMagic is good, so are the Rega DACs and if you are adventurous try the FIIO DACs (just search FIIO), they are more studio types and for budget but still very good. If you want to pay more money, M2tech is very good (just ask CN Lim @ Amcorp mall). Good luck then, remember, the biggest bang for the buck. Good CD players (if you must buy CD players and do not expect any upgrades - Cambridge Audio/Audiolab/Bryston - good enough to be with the best) Why? Because the DAC chips keep improving and the era of jitter, resolution has nearly been perfected and the older ones aren't really worth it. And the cost of the DAC chips, under RM100, and how much was that esoteric player? RM15k+++
Good luck then.

ahaa.... quite some time I do not hear someone talking about DAC other than TDA1541's... Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil .....

It is because TDA154x are the first batch DAC circ 1983. It has crowd of users willing to share some first hand experience.

Number of posts : 687
Registration date : 2010-11-18

Character sheet
Source(s): 1541`s品种狂机
Amplification: Nac42/Nap90
Speakers: SARA

Back to top Go down

Post by azirulfahmie Fri May 10, 2013 7:25 pm

samazzah wrote:Guys, I knew my statement would elicit that response, but you fall into the 1st group. Needn't matter if you are the DIY type, I am that too, but I don't keep old stuff either. I do my best to keep up with the new but maintain that the reference is real music and that I check from time to time. Good luck in your hobby then.

yupp... I'm agree on this...

for me, been trying a lot of low priced to medium range $$$ Smile Smile cd players/transport and dvd players and vintage or new age, factory standard or modified...
there's always difference between them...

and until this comment written.. I'm still prefer my simply modded Playstation 1... Very Happy Very Happy
azirulfahmie
azirulfahmie
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 161
Registration date : 2009-09-26

Back to top Go down

WTB A CD PLAYER Empty WTB : CD PLAYER

Post by antaklugom Wed May 15, 2013 10:44 am

Thanks Samazzah and all of you who put up their views......Wah ! Its getting MORE INTERESTING !!! I never expect my reply (or rather question) to Samazzah get
Good, good Response here !!! Keep it up Bros....
antaklugom
antaklugom
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down