Hi-Fi 4 Sale - Malaysia / Singapore Audio Forum & Marketplace | www.hifi4sale.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

440Hz.my - expanding musical horizons
Subscribe to our Feed
addtomyyahoo4 Subscribe with BloglinesAdd to netvibes
Add to Google

Blue Note - Cassandra Wilson – Glamoured 2LP (with Bonus Track) (New and Sealed)

Go down

Blue Note - Cassandra Wilson – Glamoured 2LP (with Bonus Track) (New and Sealed) Empty Blue Note - Cassandra Wilson – Glamoured 2LP (with Bonus Track) (New and Sealed)

Post by ktchoo Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:13 pm

Blue Note - Cassandra Wilson – Glamoured 2LP (with Bonus Track) (New and Sealed) 41ejx510

"Glamoured" is a Gaelic word meaning to be whisked away, says vocalist and songwriter Cassandra Wilson, explaining the title of her new album. "It''s like being in a daydream, those split seconds when you''re transfixed and your eyes don''t move and you have to shake yourself out of it. This album captures the feeling of that reverie."

Indeed, Wilson sets such a mood with her trademark mix of first-rate originals and adventurous covers of other songwriters'' works, this time picking material by Sting, Bob Dylan, Willie Nelson, Muddy Waters and Abbey Lincoln. Such eclectic tastes come naturally to Wilson, who began her musical career performing in and around her hometown of Jackson, Mississippi. "Down South, musicians have to be able to play in many different circumstances and in many contexts," she says. "They have to play jazz, they have to integrate the blues, and they have to know country. And the lines are kinda blurry sometimes, ''cause that''s what everybody wants to hear."

For the recording of "Glamoured" Cassandra once again returned to her hometown of Jackson, Mississippi with a list of good songs and an open mind. "For some albums, I''ll have a very clear idea of where I want it to go," she says, "but this time I had questions about what kinds of sounds to explore."

Tracklist:
A1 Fragile 4:36
A2 Sleight Of Time 4:11
A3 I Want More 4:19

B1 If Loving You Is Wrong 5:28
B2 Lay Lady Lay 5:07
B3 Crazy 3:00
B4 What Is It? 3:18

C1 Heaven Knows 5:05
C2 Honey Bee 4:47
C3 Broken Drum 4:10

D1 On This Train 4:36
D2 Throw It Away 4:34
Bonus Tracks
D3 Allow Me 4:31
D4 Once In A Blue Moon 5:05

Credits:
Acoustic Bass – Calvin Jones (tracks: B2, C2)
Acoustic Guitar – Cassandra Wilson (tracks: D1)
Artwork By [Creative Direction, Design] – Gordon H Jee
Banjo – Brandon Ross (tracks: C2)
Bass [Acoustic Upright] – Reginald Veal (tracks: A1 to A3, B2 to C1, C3, D2)
Co-producer – Cassandra Wilson
Drums – Herlin Riley (tracks: B1, C2), Teri Lynne Carrington* (tracks: A1 to A3, B4, C3)
Engineer [Assistant Mississippi] – Kent Bruce
Engineer [Assistant Nyc] – Peter Doris
Executive Producer – Bruce Lundvall
Guitar – Brandon Ross (tracks: B2, B3 ,C2, C3), Fabrizio Sotti (tracks: A1 to B1, B4, C1, D1)
Harmonica – Gregoire Maret (tracks: A2, A3)
Mastered By – Chris Athens
Mixed By – Eric Butler*
Other [Production Coordinator Mississippi] – Donald Thomas, Judy Jefferson
Percussion – Jeffrey Haynes (tracks: A1 to D1)
Photography – Naomi Kaltman
Producer – Fabrizio Sotti
Recorded By – Eric Butler*, Sean Macke
Vocals – Cassandra Wilson
Washboard – Herlin Riley (tracks: C2)
Notes▼
Recorded at Sonic Temple, Jackson, MS in December 2002 and February 2003, Avatar Studios & Breezy's Lab, NYC February & March 2003
Mixed at Avatar Studios NYC April 2003
Mastered at Sterling Sound NYC, April 2003

Condition : New and Sealed
Label : Blue Note /EMI
Price : SOLD
Contact / SMS : 0195941098

Last edited by ktchoo on Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:52 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : SOLD)

ktchoo
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 169
Registration date : 2011-09-01

Back to top Go down