Hi-Fi 4 Sale - Malaysia / Singapore Audio Forum & Marketplace | www.hifi4sale.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

440Hz.my - expanding musical horizons
Subscribe to our Feed
addtomyyahoo4 Subscribe with BloglinesAdd to netvibes
Add to Google

WTB: Integrated amp RM1k-RM1.5k

+13
shukor
cmboy
mugenfoo
hoyhoysum
seanlee731107
alex_kff
jazzfunksoulmusic
LOUIS 5647
Wikin
ongaaron
phangfeeheong
deng8895
dennis611
17 posters

Go down

WTB: Integrated amp RM1k-RM1.5k Empty WTB: Integrated amp RM1k-RM1.5k

Post by dennis611 Sun Oct 11, 2009 10:01 am

Hi

Am looking for a 2nd hand amplifier for my B&W CDM1SE
I listen to mainly jazz music and some chinese hi fi cds. Like warm and relaxing sounding amps.
Dunno how the below amp will sound with my speakers
1) Audiolab 8000A
2) Cyrus 3
3) Arcam Delta 290

Any bros letting go their amps within RM1k -RM1.5k? Tq

dennis611
Club Member
Club Member

Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2009-09-30

Back to top Go down

WTB: Integrated amp RM1k-RM1.5k Empty Re: WTB: Integrated amp RM1k-RM1.5k

Post by deng8895 Sun Oct 11, 2009 1:21 pm

I think Audiolab will not suit your taste, the sound is dry and cold but quite accurate. Don't get me wrong, it is a good amplifier but may not suit your taste.

Maybe u should try tube amplifier since you like warm and relaxing.

deng8895
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 359
Registration date : 2009-01-17

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by dennis611 Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:59 pm

Thanks deng

What about Musical Fidelity A!? Tq

dennis611
Club Member
Club Member

Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2009-09-30

Back to top Go down

Post by phangfeeheong Mon Oct 12, 2009 1:40 am

Hi Dennis I having a Musical Fidelity A120 class A 40 watts int amp,
suit to your music taste,warm,culture and lucid,offer you RM1350.

From Martin Phang 016-7438880

phangfeeheong
Dealer\Reseller\Trader\Service Provider
Dealer\Reseller\Trader\Service Provider

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2009-04-10

Back to top Go down

Post by ongaaron Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:55 am

Hi Dennis,
Audiovega EL34 TOP. 35 watts running on EL34 / AX/AU7 tubes. Warm and seductive. Suitable for your music taste. Mint condition. Asking for RM1300. SMS me at 012 3603898.

ongaaron
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 425
Registration date : 2009-01-21

Character sheet
Source(s): MF AMSCD
Amplification: Audia Flight
Speakers: Wilson Benesch

Back to top Go down

Post by Wikin Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:27 am

Dennis611,
If you're not brand concious I have a DIY hybrid 6922 (NOS RCA) amplifier using gainclone technology. The design is from here:
http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/nuukspot/decdun/gainclone3.html
The real deal commercial amplifier costs USD2150
http://www.customanalogue.com/jlti_mark_2.htm

The amp I'm selling you is a simplified version. Selling for RM1.2K OBO. My contact 0122839143 if you're interested. Cheers.
Wikin
Wikin
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 439
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Character sheet
Source(s): PC Audio
Amplification: Tri Amping Active
Speakers: High Eff Open Baffle

Back to top Go down

Post by LOUIS 5647 Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:19 pm

halo dennis,i hav one korsun u2[now red rose by mark lenvison] selling 800.very good sound & powerfull.like new! rated 50w class a,intrested pls call 019-7691326

LOUIS 5647
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 297
Registration date : 2009-06-12

Back to top Go down

Post by jazzfunksoulmusic Fri Oct 23, 2009 12:59 am

Hi dennis,
Why don't you try Sansui AU-D9, AU-D11, AU 717, AU919, AU-7500 or AU-9500? These model will give you a surprise Smile

jazzfunksoulmusic
Regular
Regular

Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2009-04-15

Back to top Go down

Post by alex_kff Fri Oct 23, 2009 3:32 am

jazzfunksoulmusic,
any idea where can i find a set of AU-9500.

thanks,
alex_kff

alex_kff
Regular
Regular

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2009-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post by seanlee731107 Fri Oct 23, 2009 3:43 am

It is rare in malaysia.. Unless you need to go singapore. They have a lots of sansui user. AU-7500 can be found in Classico Audio. The shop at campbell shopping centre.

seanlee731107
Regular
Regular

Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2009-05-04

Back to top Go down

Post by hoyhoysum Sun Oct 25, 2009 2:06 pm

I dont understand why people here like to talk about sansui amps. The manufacturer already long gone and buying one it will cost a bomb for a mint well restored unit, it is like a classic car. Some more Hard to find. Those advise you to get all those models must have read to much internet. Those sansui amp is abundance and cheap for them to buy in mat salleh land. The Sansui amps we have here is the low budget one and is inserious need to recap and service all the connectors and switches. Btw sansui amp will not suit you, the mf or tube amps will suit you well.....Why not consider newer amp like a rotel? The RA004, RA05 that is around your budget! Or stretch further get a RA06 or RA1062....
hoyhoysum
hoyhoysum
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 241
Registration date : 2009-02-06

Character sheet
Source(s): Grundig 2070, Graetz Sinfonia Spizensuper 522, Saba Freiburg 14, Normende Phono Super V700
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by mugenfoo Sun Oct 25, 2009 5:11 pm

Dude ... look at his avatar-picture (just in case: mountain water ... aka Sansui) ... mebbe Sansui has some sentimental nostalgic value to that guy or something.

Heck, I got a Sansui amp thats more than 35 yeras old, still working except for the occasional poor contacts from the toggle switches and volume knobs. But fear not, still got the complete manual documents INCLUDING the Schematic diagram chart. Looks like last time, mfgs were really selling you their craftsmanship instead of hiding behind some "proprietary trade secret design" and charging a bomb for it.

But Alas, proprietary trade secrets are unavoidable today and mfgs now go to great lengths to protect it. No way Mr. Meridien (that B.Stuart guy) or Wadia, Theta or dCS will release their DSP coding/algorithms for their digital filters in their DACs at www.sourceforge.net anytime soon (don't hold your breath!).

Also take MonsterCable for example, suing people left and right if you happen to use the word "Monster" for just about anything commercial even though its not related to hifi or cables.

Besides, whats wrong about talking about Sansui ? Sentimental value goes a looooong way dude.

There are so many hifi brands that have gone the way of the doo-doo. Onyx, Deltec Precision Audio, Ion (makers of the Obelisk Integrated amp), Audio Alchemy, Calif. Audio Labs, ... etc etc.

They may be gone, but they did make some notable (if not great) products during their time ! WTB: Integrated amp RM1k-RM1.5k Icon_cool

Anyone here remembers Yamamura-Churchill ?
mugenfoo
mugenfoo
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 2668
Registration date : 2009-04-04

Character sheet
Source(s): Technics Compact-Cassette Deck
Amplification: DIY Kit 15Watt
Speakers: Pasar Road Special.

Back to top Go down

Post by mugenfoo Sun Oct 25, 2009 5:16 pm

mebbe this deserves a whole new thread for discontinued hifi brands ! Smile

Apologies to @dennis611 for going off the deep-end here. Smile Smile Smile
mugenfoo
mugenfoo
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by hoyhoysum Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:49 am

Come on you so call hifi gurus, this guy just bought a B&W speaker, a uk speaker. Do you recommend a Sansui amp to him? If he says that he got those old skool speaker like jbl, pioneer or sansui speaker, those big monstrous 10" or 12" woofer by all means recommend him the sansui amp. It synergise with that era....

Do you think he is able to repair and maintain an old amp upon purchase a sansui amp that is in 1970s or 1980s....Why not advise him something newer where he would enjoy his jazz and chinese cd instead of meddling around with the amp.

Btw there are two groups of hifi, those that enjoy music and those that meddle or modding around the equipment...(this group might not enjoy music) I am in this group, that expains my advatar i restore old equipment and many a times friends will come to me offering me old amps to repair. What in the world you got an old MG for? Cant you buy a new Vios or City! This simple new car will simply outran your old MG...Worst you paid a premium for a classic and always in constant need of repair and parts are not easily available. Unless you pay a big price for a total make over.

You see what i mean...
hoyhoysum
hoyhoysum
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 241
Registration date : 2009-02-06

Character sheet
Source(s): Grundig 2070, Graetz Sinfonia Spizensuper 522, Saba Freiburg 14, Normende Phono Super V700
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by cmboy Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:29 am

Perhaps the only Sansui amp I respect is the AU-111 tube amp, only one specimen I've seen and heard in near mint working condtion. Meanwhile I don't think I'd ever consider buying and keeping any other transistorized vintage Sansui due to its mostly aged, corroded connectors, lousy speaker terminals and cosmetically battered up in varying degrees, yet amazingly can sell for rediculous prices.
THIS IS MY 2 sen, anyone else who luve them, go buy them if it pleases you, your money.

Yamamura Churchill, had them for a short while to my larpar. Not bad at all.
cmboy
cmboy
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 1298
Registration date : 2009-03-11

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by shukor Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:50 am

Hi dennis611,

Like deng8895, I also think Audiolab not suit to your taste. Same goes to Arcam, sounds flat. The Cyrus is better between the three u listed above.

About Sansui amp, I agree with hoyhoysum. The classic vintage Sansui amp not suit to more modern speakers today. No synergy at all. Maybe they will match better with vintage speakers with big woofer. I did try before to drive my Epos with Sansui amp, sound unbalanced, bright and so on.

Than come our friend's Kancan recommend me to try Rotel prepower combo, RC980bx/RB980bx, what a surprise! sounds so natural, dynamic n warm too. Now i've found the correct partner for my Epos ES11 speaker WTB: Integrated amp RM1k-RM1.5k Icon_biggrin . What I only need is to improve the cable n interconnect. Something I never knew before that the Rotel sounds so good. I tried so many budget amps before, but never please my ears WTB: Integrated amp RM1k-RM1.5k Icon_sad

If got chance, why don't u give a try for that Rotel combo. Hope will match your B&W speakers. Cheers

shukor
Regular
Regular

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2009-02-26

Back to top Go down

Post by mugenfoo Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:38 am

hoyhoysum wrote:Come on you so call hifi gurus, this guy just bought a B&W speaker, a uk speaker. Do you recommend a Sansui amp to him? If he says that he got those old skool speaker like jbl, pioneer or sansui speaker, those big monstrous 10" or 12" woofer by all means recommend him the sansui amp. It synergise with that era....

Do you think he is able to repair and maintain an old amp upon purchase a sansui amp that is in 1970s or 1980s....Why not advise him something newer where he would enjoy his jazz and chinese cd instead of meddling around with the amp.

Btw there are two groups of hifi, those that enjoy music and those that meddle or modding around the equipment...(this group might not enjoy music) I am in this group, that expains my advatar i restore old equipment and many a times friends will come to me offering me old amps to repair. What in the world you got an old MG for? Cant you buy a new Vios or City! This simple new car will simply outran your old MG...Worst you paid a premium for a classic and always in constant need of repair and parts are not easily available. Unless you pay a big price for a total make over.

You see what i mean...

Errr.. ok ... let someone else be the guru ... (sure it's not me .. i am the SKL only).

Also, my point is to not recommend (nor discourage) Sansui to go with the B&W per se, (but then again, mebbe some people's taste might like this kind of combo ? Who knows. Not for any of us to be self-righteous and impose our musical or equipment taste on other people). Only defending the point why SOME PEOPLE may have a particular liking for vintage brands due to sentimental/personal reasons.

Sure i'd like an MG over a Vios (even though the MG got less ponies, lousy fuel conomy, band handling/ride comfort, etc etc) ... Coz an MG's got "soul". Actually, no ... i have no love for MGs .. but i'd sure like to have a VW Kombi as a restoration job some day (instead of a Toyota Estima). A tribute to Flower Power.

BTW, sorry to hear that you don't enjoy music so much but instead prefer to "fix stuff" up. But hey, do whatever makes u happy dude.
mugenfoo
mugenfoo
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by jemmi Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:08 am

I have Marantz PM7200 Class A/B integrated amp. 100w per channel, may be enough power to drive your B&W speaker. I think you need big power amp (100w or above) to drive the B&W speaker to produce accurate & dynamic bass. I read they recommended B&W CDM1SE (rated at 88dB/2.83V/m sensitivity) with amp such as bryston or big power tube amp.
jemmi
jemmi
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 194
Registration date : 2009-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan09 Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:18 pm

Hi bro, i have Cyrus Two amp in superb original condition for sale. Powerful enough to drive ur B&W speaker. Some hifi kaki said this Two is better than the Cyrus 3 with more body and speed....donno, its better judge by ur self...call me if interested. 012-6829122

Last edited by taipan09 on Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:21 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Update)

taipan09
Club Member
Club Member

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2009-03-06

Back to top Go down

Post by skooi3 Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:08 am

hi denis611,
i just give my opinion for u ,i think b&w cdm1 the sound will
not suitable for your tast and b&w cdm1 is very difficult to find amp to match for it. Not the b&w cdm1 its no good...
sorry if anything the word i say wrong for its...
skooi3
skooi3
Regular
Regular

Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2009-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post by daddy Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:35 am

try the nad c326bee i think it ok. hope will help u. cheer.
daddy
daddy

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2009-11-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down