Hi-Fi 4 Sale - Malaysia / Singapore Audio Forum & Marketplace | www.hifi4sale.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

440Hz.my - expanding musical horizons
Subscribe to our Feed
addtomyyahoo4 Subscribe with BloglinesAdd to netvibes
Add to Google

WTA- Good equipment combination

2 posters

Go down

WTA- Good equipment combination  Empty WTA- Good equipment combination

Post by iwan4616 Tue May 06, 2014 10:47 pm

Hi all,

Im iwan and really newbie in this home audio system. Im looking to get a complete system with budjet aroud MYR3.5k exclude subs. However, im really impressed with my friend setup. Onkyo 7.2 receiver, jbl satellite and svs 12 sub. Im thinking to get a used reciever, but i didnt know what brand and also specs. Can anyone suggest me and also is there any source that i can get it. Thanks.

iwan4616

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2013-02-05

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

WTA- Good equipment combination  Empty Re: WTA- Good equipment combination

Post by sph Wed May 07, 2014 11:01 am

If you are considering an AUDIO only system, it's best you forget about the Onkyo receiver. The Onkyo 7.2 receiver would be fine for a home theater system.

There are many choices of equipment to choose from. Are you considering new or used equipment? Consider getting used equipment if you want to get more from your $$.

It can get quite frustrating during your initial journey into this hobby, especially when the result is not to your expectations. If you have lots of $$ the journey becomes easier.

There are lots of products out there for you to choose from. But matching them with the rest of your equipment (they call it SYNERGY) is not the easiest thing to do. It takes time, patience and understanding. Your budget determines the level of performance that can be expected from the equipment. You have to be reasonable in your expectations. There will be lots of suggestions by members as everyone has their own preferences but most importantly, let YOUR ears be the judge.

There are many used items being offered for sale  in this forum. But first google the net to research about the products you are considering.

Good luck!

sph
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 336
Registration date : 2009-03-04

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by iwan4616 Wed May 07, 2014 7:30 pm

Thanks sph. 
So far im more into movie also music. Let say about 60% movie and 40%. I did have some googling and found some brand which is Marantz, Pioneer. Im actually really doesn't know anything about receiver or amp. The more Im googling, the more im confused.
Pioneer did attract me, but is it good? I mean quality?

I didn't mind buying used item as long as im happy with it. I did heard a demo from KEF and find that KEF is expensive but it doesn't suits me. (Maybe im wrong)

I think u r rite. let The Ears be the judge. But, is there any shop that i can visit for demo?

Did read about receiver specification and some of the people said 6 ohm speaker cannot be install to 8 ohm receiver. they said it might burn the receiver. Im not clear about this.

Last edited by iwan4616 on Wed May 07, 2014 7:36 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : add some question)

iwan4616

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2013-02-05

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down