Hi-Fi 4 Sale - Malaysia / Singapore Audio Forum & Marketplace | www.hifi4sale.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

440Hz.my - expanding musical horizons
Subscribe to our Feed
addtomyyahoo4 Subscribe with BloglinesAdd to netvibes
Add to Google

Polk Audio Cobra vintage Litz speaker cable

2 posters

Go down

Polk Audio Cobra vintage Litz speaker cable Empty Polk Audio Cobra vintage Litz speaker cable

Post by timurmusicfan Sun 06 Nov 2016, 10:16 pm

Vintage Polk Audio Cobra/Monitor Audio semi-round speaker cables. The first, and one of the best high end speaker cables. Made in Japan. New Old Stock (NOS).
Famous: One of the only two Class A speaker cables according to Arthur Salvatore High End column. He claims that this cable (round version with 6 parallel runs) is better in his set-up than most high end cables including USD15K Kimber Kable. Please read http://www.high-endaudio.com/rec.html under Reference components or My blog polkcobracable.blogspot.com for more detailed information. 
Note: This cable is highly recommended for Tube amplifiers especially OTL & SET. 
Caution: May damage some vintage amplifiers (E. g. Threshold Stasis) and modern amplifiers without protection circuitry (E.g. Older Naim that require NACA* speaker cable, NVA, etc) due to abnormally high capacitance/ultra low impedence. Be warned. 

My own evaluation: A single run is better than all my other cables (Cardas Cross, Kimber Kabel 8TC, QED Silver Anniversary, Norstone & JKR cables). I have used these cables with Tube (Audio Innovations, Dared, Mingda), Solid State (Accuphase, Linn, SAE, Yamaha) and Hybrid amplifiers. Please note that these are not sweet, warm or euphonic sounding cables. They are fast, transparent and detailed with excellent transients. 
Here a part of Accuphase E470 review in Audiofi that talks about this cable. "[size=16]One final thing – I went through a variety of speaker cables, and a couple of weeks before I sat down to write this review, I managed to procure a pair of Japanese-made wires which, back in the 1980s, were marketed by Monitor Audio and Polk Audio (as Cobra) and have attain cult/mythical status. These took the performance of the E-470-1.7i to another level –  nuances were better revealed, there was an on-the-edge quality to the bass that will shock ribbon panel sceptics, and more clarity and recording textures surfaced across the mids and highs". Quoted with kind permission from the reviewer. Thank you. [/size]
Reason for sale: After testing one set, I bought the entire stock from UK seller. I have been selling these on ebay/hifi4sale when I have free time to do terminations. 
The original cables are in 15/20/25 feet pairs with factory wire terminations. This original configuration is not recommended due to high capacitance (max 2.5m) and poor terminations. Terminating these cables are hard-core DIY (dangerous, meticulous and time consuming). 
Option 1 (purchase): I cut and terminate cable to your requirement (the shortest possible length) at RM400 per m pair for bare solder termination. Termination charges RM 200 per set of cables. Banana or spades connectors at your cost. 
Option 2 (try before purchase): I sent you my 2 m loaner pair for RM1000. If you are happy, you can choose to keep the cable or send it back to me and purchase a new pair at rm400 per m pair as per option 1. If you are not happy with the cable, return it to me within 30 days for full refund (you pay return shipping). 
Please whatsapp 016 nine tw0 tw0 786o for pictures and more information.
Thank you.

Last edited by timurmusicfan on Sun 09 Jul 2023, 9:45 pm; edited 17 times in total (Reason for editing : update)

timurmusicfan
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 259
Registration date : 2010-04-15

Back to top Go down

Polk Audio Cobra vintage Litz speaker cable Empty Re: Polk Audio Cobra vintage Litz speaker cable

Post by timurmusicfan Mon 14 Nov 2016, 2:23 pm

bump

timurmusicfan
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Polk Audio Cobra vintage Litz speaker cable Empty Re: Polk Audio Cobra vintage Litz speaker cable

Post by timurmusicfan Thu 01 Dec 2016, 11:13 am

bump

timurmusicfan
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by timurmusicfan Tue 27 Dec 2016, 1:04 pm

Congratulations to HiFi4Sale sale.  just received enquiry from France.  bravo for international website...

timurmusicfan
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by mierock Tue 27 Dec 2016, 10:52 pm

nice cable! tq my fren. i wish i can try several parallel runs as suggested.

mierock
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 172
Registration date : 2009-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by timurmusicfan Wed 28 Dec 2016, 2:12 am

Salaam Hj,
Thank you. 
Next year, I plan to try four cables in parallel... Will let you know results. 
Thank you.

timurmusicfan
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by timurmusicfan Mon 09 Jan 2017, 9:17 pm

Cobra bites..

timurmusicfan
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by timurmusicfan Fri 13 Jan 2017, 11:07 pm

Sold a pair to a very nice neighbor. Left with one pair now and one 8 feet run.

Last edited by timurmusicfan on Sun 18 Feb 2018, 11:57 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : bump)

timurmusicfan
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by timurmusicfan Sun 18 Feb 2018, 11:59 am

bump

timurmusicfan
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by timurmusicfan Mon 19 Mar 2018, 7:11 am

Bump

timurmusicfan
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by timurmusicfan Wed 18 Aug 2021, 10:40 am

Uo

timurmusicfan
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by timurmusicfan Sun 09 Jul 2023, 9:47 pm

Jumping Cobra

timurmusicfan
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by timurmusicfan Sun 31 Dec 2023, 6:34 pm

Last jump of 23

timurmusicfan
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down