Hi-Fi 4 Sale - Malaysia / Singapore Audio Forum & Marketplace | www.hifi4sale.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

440Hz.my - expanding musical horizons
Subscribe to our Feed
addtomyyahoo4 Subscribe with BloglinesAdd to netvibes
Add to Google

Ken-Rad 6SN7GT tubes match pair (used)

Go down

Ken-Rad 6SN7GT tubes match pair (used) Empty Ken-Rad 6SN7GT tubes match pair (used)

Post by acap Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:19 pm

Hi Ken-Rad 6SN7GT tubes matched pair 
Made in USA in 1940s
Very good condition 
Condition 7.5/10
SOLD

Some review :

The general consensus is that the vintage 6SN7GT types, especially the 1940sVT-231s and “C” Military series(basically the same construction) sounded much better than 5692s and later GTA/GTB tubes in most cases. 

VT-231 Ken-Rad, flat black plates - Great Bass, drive, sweet midrange, good bandwidth

● “Great Bass, drive, sweet midrange, good bandwidth” –Chimera
● “the Ken Rad VT-231 is often referred to as the very best 6SN7 for low end [referring to bass, not low-quality equipment], and I've heard nothing to contradict that” –Hirsch
● “40's should be the same as the VT-231 designations with staggered plates. Lots is written about this tube. I agree with most of what's written online. 40's KR, in either clear or black glass with staggered plates and bottom getters, are good tubes. Bass is definitely it's strong suit. On the other hand, the highs are more grainy then other tubes. Consider this tube the antithesis of the Sly VT-231s. Some say it's got a sweet midrange, but in my application it isn't (even bordering on lean).” –Len

● “good midrange, not as rich as Sylvania, excellent highs, known for powerful bass.” –Hirsch, in personal correspondence with author
● “The month I spent waiting to get this tube where rewarded with the best bass performance of any tube I have yet tried.the bass is amazing,tight,accurate and very focused.Output tube matching becomes more important with this tube but the reward is the incredible bass.There is no real loss of soundstage or midrange dynamics from the 5692 brownbase but some of the bass comes at the expense of vocal clarity.an awsome upgrade.” –Tuberoller
● “OK, there's the bass. This particular 6SN7 is a monster. Great bass response on the R10...but with any other headphone can be overwhelming (depends on 12AT7)...but the midrange and highs seemed to suffer. Tonality was great, but the ZOTL seemed to have problem with smearing. My suspicion is that the older tubes just can't handle the ZOTL/R10 power demands.” –Hirsch
● “VT-231 Ken-Rad, flat black plates - Great Bass, drive, sweet midrange (maybe not as sweet as the Syl VT231). Great top end extension as well and not harsh.” –scottpaul_iu
● “This is a tube that I enjoy immensely. Bass is very propulsive and visceral and grabs you at first listen. Unexpectedly, low level detail is best of all the tubes tested so far. I had my sister randomly switch tubes while I was blinded and I confirmed, in my setup at least, that this tube is the best for low level detail. Midrange is slightly less sweet than the 1952 syl 6SN7GT. Bass slam on this tube has to be heard to be believed. Instrument separation is slightly less than the Raytheon vt231. Vocals are a nice blend of clear and sweet on this tube. A very quick tube, outdone only by the 1952.” –adhoc
● “With reference to the KenRad, the first version can have either black glass or clear glass, always with staggered plates (I was the one who coined the 'staggered plates' moniker - there is zero sonic difference between the two). In the late 40's, when GE had taken more control over the KenRad operation, there was a second version with clear glass and in-line ribbed plates - it is NOTEABLY inferior sonically - gone is the big bass and the midrange bloom, added is a dry, slightly constricted sound with no magic.” -Robert H. (in personal correspondence) 

Ken-Rad 6SN7GT tubes match pair (used) C999cf10

Ken-Rad 6SN7GT tubes match pair (used) Bf4f6210

Ken-Rad 6SN7GT tubes match pair (used) 5ca25b10

Ken-Rad 6SN7GT tubes match pair (used) 9d33c410

Ken-Rad 6SN7GT tubes match pair (used) 07757510

Ken-Rad 6SN7GT tubes match pair (used) 5b881310

Ken-Rad 6SN7GT tubes match pair (used) Ee6ccc10

Last edited by acap on Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:18 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Price reduced)

acap
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 152
Registration date : 2009-05-22

Back to top Go down

Ken-Rad 6SN7GT tubes match pair (used) Empty Price reduced

Post by acap Sun Aug 16, 2020 7:53 pm

Reduce to clear

acap
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Ken-Rad 6SN7GT tubes match pair (used) Empty Up

Post by acap Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:39 pm

Up

acap
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Ken-Rad 6SN7GT tubes match pair (used) Empty Re: Ken-Rad 6SN7GT tubes match pair (used)

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down