Hi-Fi 4 Sale - Malaysia / Singapore Audio Forum & Marketplace | www.hifi4sale.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

440Hz.my - expanding musical horizons
Subscribe to our Feed
addtomyyahoo4 Subscribe with BloglinesAdd to netvibes
Add to Google

Spendor S20 Bookshelf Speaker(SOLD)

Go down

Spendor S20 Bookshelf Speaker(SOLD) Empty Spendor S20 Bookshelf Speaker(SOLD)

Post by hoyhoysum Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:29 am

I have a used Spendor S20 speaker for sale. This is a bigger brother of LS3/5a, same voicing but with more bass. Planning to change to Spendor S100.

Built of 12mm and 18 mm MDF Board, the enclosure is braced between the LF and HF panel sections. Internal panels are also visco elastically damped by a dense layer of bituminous card firmly. High section 19mm Scanspeak speaker and low section 175mm Spendor in house speaker. It is a true free space miniature in the mould of LS3/5A and will deliver a well balanced sound, with very good bass extension for the size. Coloration was low and the overall response uniformity’s such that it constitutes an accurate reference for balancing. In dynamic capacity it comes midway between the 3/5A and the SP2-2. In fact the S20 sounds a little more refined and smoother in the bass than the latter. The S20 performed well on classical program.

The above I did not say it but I took it from HiFi News & Record Review, August 1991

Age of item: 7 years approx
Color: Black
Condition:7/10( Not sure how to rate, come and see to appreciate)
Dimension: 38 X 22 X 27.5
Weight: Solid & heavy
Sensitivity: 83 dB(Slightly louder than LS3/5A)

Picture: http://www.mudah.my/Spendor+S20+Bookshelf+Speaker-6317908.htm

Price: SOLD

Contact Info: Chin 012 3186808

Note: I have attached a blue ribbon to the bottom part of grille to facilitate easy removal for periodic inspection. What Spendor guys are thinking? We do not have kung fu magnetic hands to remove the grille. Prying out with screwdriver is NO-No.
hoyhoysum
hoyhoysum
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 241
Registration date : 2009-02-06

Character sheet
Source(s): Grundig 2070, Graetz Sinfonia Spizensuper 522, Saba Freiburg 14, Normende Phono Super V700
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down