Hi-Fi 4 Sale - Malaysia / Singapore Audio Forum & Marketplace | www.hifi4sale.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

440Hz.my - expanding musical horizons
Subscribe to our Feed
addtomyyahoo4 Subscribe with BloglinesAdd to netvibes
Add to Google

My immediate comment to Audiovega V-22-A

2 posters

Go down

My immediate comment to Audiovega V-22-A Empty My immediate comment to Audiovega V-22-A

Post by Amir Fri Sep 10, 2010 2:21 am

Hi friends. First of all i would like to apologize if my comment turned out to be inaccurate due to the lack of my experience as i am a new comer.
Recently i bought an Audiovega V-22A that was a tube amp. with 35 wpc as i was informed by the shop keeper at Sg Petani. He had replaced with eight 6P3P tubes to the Audiovega.
I heard before from my friends that a tube amp. especially the China made are lacking of bass, not very detail, not warm enough etc. But after i try the Audiovega, i found that the bass are more deep and tight and more powerful then my Rotel pre and power. I love the Audiovega tube sound.
However i understand and accept that the western tube amp are better. Anyway, so far i am satisfied with this Audiovega V22A.
For your information, my setup are Audiovega V22A, Rotel cdp RCD965BX, B&W DM601, Cable Talk, Wireworld and 4 pieces acoustic foam (each foam are 7 ft X 5 ft) attached to the wall of the room.
Any comment to improve the setup are appreciated.

Amir
Regular
Regular

Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2010-04-06

Back to top Go down

My immediate comment to Audiovega V-22-A Empty Re: My immediate comment to Audiovega V-22-A

Post by WongKN Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:48 am

First, before you do anything at all. Run in your new amp properly. The amount of run in depends on manufacturers but typically it ranges from 50hours to 100 hours, occasionally longer. I think tube amps also need longer run in time for the new tubes. You must run in with normal usage, i.e. listening to music, not test tones. You should notice gradual improvement of the sound as you run in. Learn about your new amp this way, as you run in. When you have finished the run-in process, you should then have a reasonably good knowledge of the amp's sonic characteristic plus its strengths and weaknesses. Then only if your hands are itchy should you consider what next to do or change. I tend to agree with my friend here that if you are to change the system, the first thing you need to do is speaker and system (component) placement and adjustment. Then only you should think about adding or changing things.
WongKN
WongKN

Number of posts : 1795
Registration date : 2009-01-20

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

My immediate comment to Audiovega V-22-A Empty Re: My immediate comment to Audiovega V-22-A

Post by Amir Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:03 pm

Thank you WongKN. Your information are so valuable to me. Bit by bit i learned by you guys and i appreciate the guides.

Amir
Regular
Regular

Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2010-04-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down