Hi-Fi 4 Sale - Malaysia / Singapore Audio Forum & Marketplace | www.hifi4sale.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

440Hz.my - expanding musical horizons
Subscribe to our Feed
addtomyyahoo4 Subscribe with BloglinesAdd to netvibes
Add to Google

Smallest Efficient Bookshelf Speaker For The Pathos Twin Tower Integrated Amp

+3
Wikin
symphonyclassicaudio
Kong Seng Chee
7 posters

Go down

Smallest Efficient Bookshelf Speaker For The Pathos Twin Tower Integrated Amp Empty Smallest Efficient Bookshelf Speaker For The Pathos Twin Tower Integrated Amp

Post by Kong Seng Chee Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:52 pm

Your advice please.

Question:
Which is the smallest efficient bookshelf speaker for the Pathos Twin Tower Integrated Amp?

Note:
I listen mainly to pop music with occasional rock, jazz, blues and country.
Bass is not important as I have a sub.
Room size is 13ft 6inches by 14ft 6inches.
Will consider buying new/used/or take the D.I.Y. route.

Thank you in advance for your advice.
Regards,
Kong

Kong Seng Chee
Regular
Regular

Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2010-09-26

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Smallest Efficient Bookshelf Speaker For The Pathos Twin Tower Integrated Amp Empty Re: Smallest Efficient Bookshelf Speaker For The Pathos Twin Tower Integrated Amp

Post by symphonyclassicaudio Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:30 pm

Hello Mr. Kong,

You can try match your Pathos with AE 1 speaker. Currently i have been to a hifi shop located in Shah Alam to audition this Pathos Twin Tower amp and it matching with a pair of AE 1 MKIII speaker. The sound is absolutely nice.
symphonyclassicaudio
symphonyclassicaudio
Banned!
Banned!

Number of posts : 408
Registration date : 2009-12-09

Character sheet
Source(s): Bladelius (Gondul)
Amplification: Audio Research Reference 5 & Audio Research Reference 600
Speakers: Eggleston Works Andra II

http://symphonyclassicaudio.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Smallest Efficient Bookshelf Speaker For The Pathos Twin Tower Integrated Amp Empty Small Efficient Speakers

Post by Kong Seng Chee Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:26 am

22-Dec-2010

Hi SymphonyClassicAudio,

Thank you for suggesting such classy speakers (AE 1). Will have a listen when the opportunity arise.

Regards,
Kong

Kong Seng Chee
Regular
Regular

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Smallest Efficient Bookshelf Speaker For The Pathos Twin Tower Integrated Amp Empty Re: Smallest Efficient Bookshelf Speaker For The Pathos Twin Tower Integrated Amp

Post by Wikin Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:06 am

Kong Seng Chee wrote:Your advice please.

Question:
Which is the smallest efficient bookshelf speaker for the Pathos Twin Tower Integrated Amp?

Note:
I listen mainly to pop music with occasional rock, jazz, blues and country.
Bass is not important as I have a sub.
Room size is 13ft 6inches by 14ft 6inches.
Will consider buying new/used/or take the D.I.Y. route.

Thank you in advance for your advice.
Regards,
Kong

Hi,
Be careful when requesting for these type of speaker. Small don't come with efficiency unless the frequency spectrum is very skewed/ peaked to make up for the efficiency measurement.
To sound balanced in the mids and lower mids (where it gives the thickness of vocals) the upper spectrum of the speaker >500hz will usually need to be tapered off. So efficiency is lost that way, but makes up for a balanced sound.

cheers.
Wikin
Wikin
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 439
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Character sheet
Source(s): PC Audio
Amplification: Tri Amping Active
Speakers: High Eff Open Baffle

Back to top Go down

Post by jokiarch Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:32 pm

Very good observation Wikin! This balance issue has always been over-looked by many. In order to achieve bandwidth balance, especially in dynamic capacity and its rise time, most speakers cannot be as efficient as what is specified by the manufacturer without sacrificing its balance issue.

Commonly, frequency above mid-high peak earlier than its lower has been the biggest problems associated with poorly conceived high efficient speakers. Only those speakers that has really been done well are great efficient speakers.

In pointing out what could be flaws of high efficient speakers, it is also rightful that I should recommend what i think is a good sounding speakers for Mr. Kong; and my recommendation is Tannoy Mini Autograph.

This should be one of the smallest yet fairly efficient with balance sounding bookshelf. Retrospectively, I am not sure why you are looking for "high efficient" where your music repertoire do not limit yourself to the aforesaid type. Also Pathos Twin Towers are not tiny whiny tube amp either, is there any specific reason(s) that you opted for this?

Regards,
Jo Ki
jokiarch
jokiarch
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 293
Registration date : 2009-03-06

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by wabun Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:57 am

how about "Triangle-Comete Ex, Titus Ex & Heyda Ex"series..
https://www.hifi4sale.net/t12433-triangle-manufacture-electroacoustique-in-malaysia

wabun
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 423
Registration date : 2009-03-02

Character sheet
Source(s): Mac mini - Bryston BDP - Calyx DAC 24/192 - Rega P8
Amplification: Jumpan Balance - ARC VT100Mk3 - Musical Fidelity FX
Speakers: JBL 4313B , Harbeth P3esr

Back to top Go down

Smallest Efficient Bookshelf Speaker For The Pathos Twin Tower Integrated Amp Empty Smallest Efficient Bookshelf Speaker For The Pathos Twin Tower Integrated Amp

Post by danieltan Thu Dec 23, 2010 5:21 am

Check out Vonschweikert Unifield One ..

http://www.avguide.com/review/the-von-schweikert-unifield-one-loudspeaker-hi-fi-75

http://www.soundstage.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=143:von-schweikert-audio-unifield-1-loudspeakers&catid=55:full-length-reviews&Itemid=4

Last edited by danieltan on Thu Dec 23, 2010 5:55 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : add soundstage review link)

danieltan
Dealer\Reseller\Trader\Service Provider
Dealer\Reseller\Trader\Service Provider

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2009-05-25

Character sheet
Source(s): Jolida
Amplification: KR Audio
Speakers: Von Schweikert Audio

Back to top Go down

Post by ongaaron Sun Dec 26, 2010 4:47 pm

Kong,
Consider the discontinued ProAc 1sc or current D1. Midrange champions.Hard to beat at this price range......Happy hunting and please update us on your progress.

ongaaron
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 425
Registration date : 2009-01-21

Character sheet
Source(s): MF AMSCD
Amplification: Audia Flight
Speakers: Wilson Benesch

Back to top Go down

Post by Kong Seng Chee Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:59 pm

31-Dec-2010

Hi Forum Members,

Happy New Year Greetings to all of you.
Thank you so much for your input and advices.

Regards,
Kong

Kong Seng Chee
Regular
Regular

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down