Hi-Fi 4 Sale - Malaysia / Singapore Audio Forum & Marketplace | www.hifi4sale.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

440Hz.my - expanding musical horizons
Subscribe to our Feed
addtomyyahoo4 Subscribe with BloglinesAdd to netvibes
Add to Google

EAR 834P Phono Stage

+2
Anwar
hasnul
6 posters

Go down

EAR 834P Phono Stage Empty EAR 834P Phono Stage

Post by hasnul Sat Feb 05, 2011 8:29 am

Please forward best offers. Looking for the black version & must have mc function. Hit : 0162896909
hasnul
hasnul
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 296
Registration date : 2009-01-22

Character sheet
Source(s): Rega P3 + Yamaha WXC-50 Streamer
Amplification: Rega Elex-R
Speakers: ATC SCM12

Back to top Go down

EAR 834P Phono Stage Empty Re: EAR 834P Phono Stage

Post by hasnul Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:13 pm

anyone ? Serious buyer here.
hasnul
hasnul
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by hasnul Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:08 pm

Bump..... still looking for one. Anyone wanna let go ?
hasnul
hasnul
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

EAR 834P Phono Stage Empty EAR 834p

Post by Anwar Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:34 pm

Check at app.audiogon.com
Someone in Korea selling his EAR 834P Deluxe 230V for USD1,400. But when you include shipping and local import duty and sales tax (15% and 10%), the price is too close to a brand new 834P MM/MC (non Deluxe version) in Malaysia which you can get for RM5k+.
Remember the 834P does not have adjustable MC loading. It is fixed at 470 ohm. It may not work for all MC cartridges.
Anwar
Anwar
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2011-01-08

Character sheet
Source(s): AAMS+, Marantz SA-10, Oppo UDP-205, TW Raven Two + TW 10.5 with Benz LP-S + Triplanar VII with Quintet Black, Audio Research REF Phono 2SE
Amplification: Bent Audio silver slagleformer preamp, Bryston 10B-SUB, McIntosh MC452 for front, MC303 for center and rear
Speakers: Focal Diablo Utopia III for LCR, Focal IW 1002 Be for rear, 2 x JL Audio Fathom f113 subs

Back to top Go down

Post by hasnul Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:56 pm

Thanks for the info. Exactly why I rather not buy online via audiogon, eBay, etc. The bidding or expected price are not worth after taking into account your points there. Perhaps I should look for cheaper alternatives.
hasnul
hasnul
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by j22 Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:07 pm

Have you checked out the local dealer? Their prices are quite reasonable. You can also look at Sutherland, if that's your cup of tea.

j22
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 199
Registration date : 2009-03-06

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by chewkwokhon Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:44 pm

En. Hasnul,

Sorry to say, if you are not so rigid with Brand and Make. I have one Make-in-Japan Pre-amp that has the following:
Moving Coil Phono Stage:
Input Sensitivity: 100µV/100 Ohm
Max Input : 8.5mV

In fact, you are killing '2birds with one stone', if this pre-amp suits you.

Best regards

chewkwokhon
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 318
Registration date : 2009-05-19

Back to top Go down

Post by cmboy Thu May 02, 2013 8:00 pm

Check out the new Rogue Audio Ares Tube phono at Asia Sound. I believe this is an equal or surpass the EAR834P
Why?
1. Built in Step Up transformer inside for MC. SUT is perfect match for Denon cartridges. This is NOT a common implementation, other phono mostly electronics. SUT amplification is dead quiet and often heard as a huge improvement over most electronic stage.
2. Configurable input impedance through hatch opening at top, not behind like others.
3. Outboard Power supply.
4. 12AX7 and 12AU7 tubes, can replace with compatibles for higher gain, suggested by manufacturer and manual, NOT ME!
5. Made in USA and USA build quality, chassis and all, powder coated, not like some nasty or cheap n cheerful MIC stuff!
6. Cost? Off hand, I'm quoted at around RM7k..maybe less..go audition and nego with them if you're interested.

Review here: http://www.10audio.com/rogue_ares.htm

Disclaimer: I've no association with Asia Sound or their reps. Based on what I saw close up. Damn! If I got spare dosh, I wouldn't mind shortlisting this one anytime.
cmboy
cmboy
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 1298
Registration date : 2009-03-11

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by Anwar Wed May 22, 2013 9:53 pm

cmboy,
When I replied to this thread, I was looking for a phono stage too. I was thinking about Parasound JC3 but it does not offer flexibility for resistance, gain, and capacitance setting. I borrowed EAR 834P showroom unit from my regular hifi shop (Hi Fi Choice Penang) but decided to take risk and asked them to order Rogue Audio Ares without any auditioning.
Man, it is really good. Even before break in, it is much better than EAR 834P. More relaxed, better high freq, no bloated/bloomy bass like 834P, resulting in better sound stage and realistic sound. I am using MM right now (Maestro Wood) so no chance to try how good is the CineMag 3440A inside Ares.
Highly recommended.
Anwar
Anwar
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet
Source(s): AAMS+, Marantz SA-10, Oppo UDP-205, TW Raven Two + TW 10.5 with Benz LP-S + Triplanar VII with Quintet Black, Audio Research REF Phono 2SE
Amplification: Bent Audio silver slagleformer preamp, Bryston 10B-SUB, McIntosh MC452 for front, MC303 for center and rear
Speakers: Focal Diablo Utopia III for LCR, Focal IW 1002 Be for rear, 2 x JL Audio Fathom f113 subs

Back to top Go down

Post by zeebee Wed May 22, 2013 10:19 pm

Anwar, what's d damage to the pocket for the Rogue?
zeebee
zeebee
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 563
Registration date : 2009-02-05

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by Anwar Wed May 22, 2013 11:05 pm

Zeebee, I called Asia Sound and they quoted me 7.1k. I got better price from the Penang dealer, that means you can negotiate further. I PM you the actual price I paid.
Anwar
Anwar
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by cmboy Thu May 23, 2013 12:39 am

Price is not exactly budget nor cheap, but the performance much depend on the potential of your TT, the better the TT quality with an excellent MC cartridge somewhere in the Denon impedance ballpark (around 40ohms) the better your SQ experience. I reckon its a worthwhile acquisition if looking out for a phono to keep for a long time, including liking the valve phono design. In not so many words, use a high quality MC cartridge, Rogue Ares and I think you're quite done and set for the price in the TT source department. Its lower brethren Triton is a one box solution and solid state electronics, at a lower price too. Sorry, no idea as to its performance.
Personally I've never thought very highly of EAR834P despite some may have fallen in love or swearing by it. IMO, its fixed impedance of 500ohm isn't exactly an ideal for many MC cartridges. Its a passing thought there's better ones to be found around in the market.
Having seen some internal pics of the Ares, I think there's avenue to further mod and replace some components to squeeze more refinement out of it. Obviously this would will involve skilled handiwork and thereon void any product warranty. I would mod it if I own it, but unfortunately I don't... Rolling Eyes
cmboy
cmboy
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 1298
Registration date : 2009-03-11

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down