Hi-Fi 4 Sale - Malaysia / Singapore Audio Forum & Marketplace | www.hifi4sale.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

440Hz.my - expanding musical horizons
Subscribe to our Feed
addtomyyahoo4 Subscribe with BloglinesAdd to netvibes
Add to Google

Brik Audio electronics - discussion thread

5 posters

Go down

Brik Audio electronics - discussion thread Empty Brik Audio electronics - discussion thread

Post by arremie Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:19 pm

http://www.brik-audio.com/

Anyone has this? Thoughts? Especially the DAC and integrated amp.
arremie
arremie
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 533
Registration date : 2009-02-09

Character sheet
Source(s): Oppo
Amplification: Parasound
Speakers: Klipsch

Back to top Go down

Brik Audio electronics - discussion thread Empty Re: Brik Audio electronics - discussion thread

Post by wingman Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:36 pm

wingman
wingman
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 855
Registration date : 2009-08-10

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Brik Audio electronics - discussion thread Empty Re: Brik Audio electronics - discussion thread

Post by arremie Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:39 pm

Yeah I know bro. I saw it first hand when I got my REL there. Just asking around if anyone has one and what they think of the product. The DAC is pretty interesting less than RM800 and guess what....it sounded better than RM1.3k Cambridge Audio DAC Very Happy
arremie
arremie
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by elhefe Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:04 pm

I am planning to purchase the bluetooth streaming device as my QED uPlay went kaput. Will share my findings once I purchase it.
elhefe
elhefe

Number of posts : 1371
Registration date : 2010-02-13

Character sheet
Source(s): Kronos PRO, Clearaudio Solutions AMG Wood, SONY MD, SONY HAP Z1 ES, HiFi ROSE RS150, ROON Nucleus, Aavik D280 DAC
Amplification: McIntosh MA9000, SPL Audio Phono
Speakers: Borresen X3, PMC Twenty5 26i, PMC Twenty LCR, PMC Twenty Sub, ARCAM AVR20, JL Audio Sub, Ascendo Sub.

http://www.notanotherhifiblog.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by elhefe Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:48 am

Brik Audio electronics - discussion thread 5859857027_5dd0b0cb50_z

Just set up the BT receiver and POwer Master. Review soon.
elhefe
elhefe

Character sheet
Source(s): Kronos PRO, Clearaudio Solutions AMG Wood, SONY MD, SONY HAP Z1 ES, HiFi ROSE RS150, ROON Nucleus, Aavik D280 DAC
Speakers: Borresen X3, PMC Twenty5 26i, PMC Twenty LCR, PMC Twenty Sub, ARCAM AVR20, JL Audio Sub, Ascendo Sub.

Back to top Go down

Post by arremie Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:26 am

wow u bought the power master together? i bought the brik dac but for now i only use wall adaptor. i mainly use the dac to ease switching input sources from usb, optical and coaxial. the sound is smooth and refine. cambridge audio dac in comparison sounded rough and edgy.
arremie
arremie
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by elhefe Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:34 am

Got story why I bought the Power Master Smile heheheh will stroy in my review lah.
elhefe
elhefe

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by wingman Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:22 pm

arremie wrote:wow u bought the power master together? i bought the brik dac but for now i only use wall adaptor. i mainly use the dac to ease switching input sources from usb, optical and coaxial. the sound is smooth and refine. cambridge audio dac in comparison sounded rough and edgy.

Hi Arremie...

Good to know that you got the BRIK DAC and it has good SQ signature out of the box.

I just got myself a CA DAC... intial impression is rough and edgy. Kind of in your face thingy. But after periodic use, its breaking in to detailed, smooth and there is clarity. Playing instrumental CD's via the CA DAC has given a different dimension.... affraid.

I believe its the design of the system from the various companies which gives out its SQ signature. Price wise, "wow" much cheaper, gives variety in the open market.

Do keep us posted with your DAC performance progress.

cheers Very Happy
wingman
wingman
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 855
Registration date : 2009-08-10

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by arremie Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:31 pm

It's not that CA DAC is bad but for my listening preference I prefer Brik over CA. Not to mention the price is half of what CA is quoted. I know if I like the sound straight out of the box then I will still like it after a while even it doesn't get any better. If I don't like it then there's no guarantee that I will like it afterwards so it's a risk I'm not willing to take.

Performance wise I think nothing much I can tell except it is really a value for money if you are not to picky. I think if I want further improvement then I need to get the power master. Currently the wall adaptor I'm using actually belong to my wifi router Razz

All Brik modules didn't come with their own power adaptor. So leceh to find one on your own that output 12V with 1A.
arremie
arremie
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Hi-Fi 4 Sale Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:55 pm

I like the size/form factor as well as the price bracket (sub-RM1000). Makes it a no-brainer for recommending my friends to start off with the DAC.
Hi-Fi 4 Sale
Hi-Fi 4 Sale
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 934
Registration date : 2008-12-06

Character sheet
Source(s): Streamer
Amplification: Amps
Speakers: Speakers

https://www.hifi4sale.net

Back to top Go down

Post by JSoo1 Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:42 am

Just curious how is the Brik stack up against the Maverick TubeMagic D1? Think this one price wise almost similar.
JSoo1
JSoo1
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 199
Registration date : 2009-03-17

Character sheet
Source(s): Flatbox with LaserHead (inside)
Amplification: Heavy Blackbox with knobs (outside)
Speakers: Brownbox with hole (front)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down