Hi-Fi 4 Sale - Malaysia / Singapore Audio Forum & Marketplace | www.hifi4sale.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

440Hz.my - expanding musical horizons
Subscribe to our Feed
addtomyyahoo4 Subscribe with BloglinesAdd to netvibes
Add to Google

Trouble Shooting BSR C114R Turntable

2 posters

Go down

Trouble Shooting BSR C114R Turntable Empty Trouble Shooting BSR C114R Turntable

Post by Porex Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:52 am

Rolling Eyes Hi there....i just want to share my BSR C114R Turntable, my father buy this item with monogram rack Turntable + Sansui receiver ( still available ) on 70' but no use since 1990, but i'm decide to re storation that item, Otherwise, the Sansui Classic Amp is corrupted with rusty and cannot be repaired because a circuirt is really complicated and hard to find a parts especially a small chip inside.

But i test a turntable when i attached to my Marantz 1090 amp and still running good. The problem is, when i add to my amp, the left channel is very clear sound but the right channel is very slow and sometimes has a loud bass when i touch the RCA jack. Anyone here can advise me what should i do before i send to speciallist to check it out.

Please brief me...
Porex
Porex
Club Member
Club Member

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2010-11-27

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Trouble Shooting BSR C114R Turntable Empty Re: Trouble Shooting BSR C114R Turntable

Post by wingman Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:25 am

Porex...

Try unlocking the RCA connectors to check the soldering of the cables, check the cables for loose connection from end to end.

Most likely is the RCA jack's , dry joint or oxidation of the RCA connectors, had a similar issue with my first TT. If you are handy with a soldering iron then its a simple cut and replace.If you are not get a repairmen ( your regular ) to replace the RCA connectors, get him to do a once over as well. Changing the cables ( output ) would be an option as well, with age it deteriotes.

Get it up and running, spin a few records, after which you make plans on your next step.

Enjoy the new found interest.

cheers Very Happy
wingman
wingman
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 855
Registration date : 2009-08-10

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Trouble Shooting BSR C114R Turntable Empty Re: Trouble Shooting BSR C114R Turntable

Post by Porex Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:53 am

Hello Mr. Wing....

I'm so proud of you regarding your knowledge and sharing about electronics experience to my old turntable as i said, since i receive your post, I'm try to do myself operates as u said, but i have take a little bit times to check a wire because the wire is too small and tiny than a network telephone cable, I try soldering and change RCA connectors but at first time not well and the second time it works!! my turntable running very good without noise or distortion sounds, and i am very enjoying the really original sound from my iron maiden LP, and i find my new interest as you said...... cheers

Mr. Wing...Thanks and Regards....
Porex
Porex
Club Member
Club Member

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2010-11-27

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by wingman Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:55 am

Hi...

No Problem and glad to be of help. As I said enjoy your new found interest.

Keeping me out, there are quite a handfull of forummers who are very well versed on TT setup and anything related to Hifi to which I am still picking up the know how's.

Keep browsing and you will come across quite a handfull of informative Idea , technical scratch and tensed Twisted Evil threads. End off the day enjoy bounce the equipment / music that you have invested in.

cheers Very Happy
wingman
wingman
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 855
Registration date : 2009-08-10

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down