Hi-Fi 4 Sale - Malaysia / Singapore Audio Forum & Marketplace | www.hifi4sale.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

440Hz.my - expanding musical horizons
Subscribe to our Feed
addtomyyahoo4 Subscribe with BloglinesAdd to netvibes
Add to Google

.....And Then There Was Light....the Clearaudio Concept turntable

+17
mad.onenad
tmahmood
sflam
zul
wylee
bassraptor
wingman
car o scope
dnabira
Hi-Fi 4 Sale
fizi
tycham
JediSavant
cmboy
mugenfoo
WongKN
elhefe
21 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

.....And Then There Was Light....the Clearaudio Concept turntable Empty .....And Then There Was Light....the Clearaudio Concept turntable

Post by elhefe Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:33 pm

...in the form of ClearAudio Concept turntable...

How dark is the dark side when there is a piece of kit that shines your night?

Review soon..

.....And Then There Was Light....the Clearaudio Concept turntable 6162407457_6b6c841da1_z

Last edited by elhefe on Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:26 am; edited 1 time in total

.....And Then There Was Light....the Clearaudio Concept turntable Whatsa11
elhefe
elhefe

Number of posts : 1371
Registration date : 2010-02-13

Character sheet
Source(s): Kronos PRO, Clearaudio Solutions AMG Wood, SONY MD, SONY HAP Z1 ES, HiFi ROSE RS150, ROON Nucleus, Aavik D280 DAC
Amplification: McIntosh MA9000, SPL Audio Phono
Speakers: Borresen X3, PMC Twenty5 26i, PMC Twenty LCR, PMC Twenty Sub, ARCAM AVR20, JL Audio Sub, Ascendo Sub.

http://www.notanotherhifiblog.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

.....And Then There Was Light....the Clearaudio Concept turntable Empty Re: .....And Then There Was Light....the Clearaudio Concept turntable

Post by WongKN Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:38 pm

And so, yet another has come join the band of dinosaurs..... Laughing
WongKN
WongKN

Number of posts : 1795
Registration date : 2009-01-20

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

.....And Then There Was Light....the Clearaudio Concept turntable Empty Re: .....And Then There Was Light....the Clearaudio Concept turntable

Post by elhefe Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:49 pm

Sssshhhhhhhhhhhhh...baby TRex trying to listen to Black Dog Bone...

elhefe
elhefe

Character sheet
Source(s): Kronos PRO, Clearaudio Solutions AMG Wood, SONY MD, SONY HAP Z1 ES, HiFi ROSE RS150, ROON Nucleus, Aavik D280 DAC
Speakers: Borresen X3, PMC Twenty5 26i, PMC Twenty LCR, PMC Twenty Sub, ARCAM AVR20, JL Audio Sub, Ascendo Sub.

Back to top Go down

Post by mugenfoo Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:51 pm

... and look at that anti static brush & that bottle of Elixir-of-Sound.

Elhefe, here're some tips:

1. That elixir-of-sound has a tendency to evaporate even when capped tightly. And dont overcap it or the white cap may crack open. You can help conserve this precious liquid by storing that bottle of elixir in another bigger bottle and making a hermetical seal about it. A consumed Snapple fruit drink bottle works perfectly.

2. If you intend to keep your TT always covered with the acrylic cover when not playing, then don't bother to cap the cartridge. Because each time you remove and remount the stylus guard, you're actually throwing the alignment off. And you're also increasing the probability of accidental stylus damage with each iteration of remove/recapping the stylus guard.
mugenfoo
mugenfoo
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 2668
Registration date : 2009-04-04

Character sheet
Source(s): Technics Compact-Cassette Deck
Amplification: DIY Kit 15Watt
Speakers: Pasar Road Special.

Back to top Go down

Post by elhefe Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:58 pm

MF.

Thanks for the ti*s....opppss tips...

For no 2, yes I thought so as the cap actually has no groove or something like that. ts basically just design to tight fit the cartridge.

It needs some getting use to setting up the TT to listen to music...from taking out the LP, anti static gun, brush, clamp and so on. Heheheh. Baby TRex is feeling hot tonight listening Master of Puppets...

elhefe
elhefe

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by cmboy Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:34 pm

Did I see a NAD somewhere behind the TT and using that?, if so I think the TT deserves something much better than that.
cmboy
cmboy
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 1298
Registration date : 2009-03-11

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by elhefe Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:05 am

Ooooohhh NAD is just a temporary pitstop. My phono stage should arrive in 2 to 3 weeks time.Evil or Very Mad

elhefe
elhefe

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by JediSavant Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:53 am

Congrats man!

You need more software now!!
JediSavant
JediSavant
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 592
Registration date : 2011-08-23

Character sheet
Source(s): RegaPlanar3 w DenonDL103
Amplification: Exposure 2010s2
Speakers: SonusFaberToyTower

Back to top Go down

Post by JediSavant Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:33 pm

Any updates on progress with running in?
JediSavant
JediSavant
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by elhefe Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:50 pm

Slow in running in man. Only had 2 nights to spin the TT. Plus with e limited LPs I have, it gets a bit monotonous.

I am a little bit confuse as I am getting more excited with 33 RPM LP compared to 45. And I also prefer the sound of old LPs compared to brand new eventhough the brand new is 45 RPM.

Lots to learn....

elhefe
elhefe

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by tycham Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:50 pm

ωω definitely more exciting when you laid them flat! Razz

Anyway, congratulation on your new toy. If confused, buying more LP might help.
tycham
tycham
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 720
Registration date : 2009-02-26

Character sheet
Source(s): Digital
Amplification: Solid State
Speakers: Bookshelf

Back to top Go down

Post by fizi Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:03 pm

dont forget amcorp mall every weekend Very Happy
fizi
fizi
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 1294
Registration date : 2009-02-16

Character sheet
Source(s): Analog - Lenco/Sota/Thorens/Roksan TT/Akai Reel Player / Digital - Ladiva
Amplification: DIY
Speakers: Harbeth/JBL?LINN

Back to top Go down

Post by cmboy Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:44 pm

Great TT rig + Amcorp Mall + (hi4sale poison) = May change your life forever Twisted Evil
cmboy
cmboy
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by WongKN Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:55 pm

Elhefe,

Ah.... you say you can hear the difference between older LPs and newer LPs..... YOU ARE SO GONNA BE IN DEEP SHIT ! Laughing
WongKN
WongKN

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by elhefe Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:29 pm

I feel like being reborn and a virgin again. Yes amcorp mall on sunday will be a ritual i think from now on.

elhefe
elhefe

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by JediSavant Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:16 am

I so dare you to come back from Singapore with less than 10 titles... there's a store on Race Course Rd in Little india called Valentine's Music and they sell a range of vinyl carry bags... nudge nudge wink wink...
JediSavant
JediSavant
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by elhefe Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:38 am

Question: who have been / can change the topic of a thread? Admin is it?

elhefe
elhefe

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Hi-Fi 4 Sale Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:26 am

elhefe wrote:Question: who have been / can change the topic of a thread? Admin is it?

yep
Hi-Fi 4 Sale
Hi-Fi 4 Sale
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 934
Registration date : 2008-12-06

Character sheet
Source(s): Streamer
Amplification: Amps
Speakers: Speakers

https://www.hifi4sale.net

Back to top Go down

Post by elhefe Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:37 am

Ok. No problem. Just curious and to make sure its not some hackers....

elhefe
elhefe

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by dnabira Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:50 am

Elhefe..congrats...bila nak jemput dtg rumah...kasi dgr itu piring hitam. Lagu Hail Amir & Uji Rashid ada?? hehehe

dnabira

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2011-06-28

Character sheet
Source(s): MF M1 CDT, MF M1 DAC
Amplification: Audio Research SP16, Audio Research D200
Speakers: PMC FB1i

Back to top Go down

Post by WongKN Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:34 am

Dei Elhefe, if it was hackers, the title would not be so tame la. It would be probably something along the lines of 'BIG TIME DUMBASS SUCKER got conned into adopting a dinosaur playback medium !' Welcome to the suckers club man !! lol!
WongKN
WongKN

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by elhefe Thu Sep 22, 2011 2:13 pm

WongKN wrote:Dei Elhefe, if it was hackers, the title would not be so tame la. It would be probably something along the lines of 'BIG TIME DUMBASS SUCKER got conned into adopting a dinosaur playback medium !' Welcome to the suckers club man !! lol!

Mybe shy hackers hehehehe.

elhefe
elhefe

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by car o scope Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:49 pm

I guess your collection of LPs will build up rapidly in a short period of time. Very Happy I like the modernistic design of the Concept turntable and the magnetic levitation tonearm makes it look classy.
car o scope
car o scope
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 1081
Registration date : 2009-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post by WongKN Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:38 pm

You going to buy one as well right ?
WongKN
WongKN

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by car o scope Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:10 am

WongKN wrote:You going to buy one as well right ?

See.. You have been poisoning too many people around you until you lost count! Mad I already purchased my turntable in Jan this year mah.. Laughing

I guess the question is more approriate for you. So, when exactly are you going to buy one turntable for your recently "upgraded" system? Twisted Evil Those LPs there are calling for one!! lol!
car o scope
car o scope
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by WongKN Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:52 am

It's time to upgrade that turntable. Actually now that Elhefe has already bought his TT, the Goldmund Studio and Oracle Delphi is calling out for you instead. So, GO GO GO !!!

My 'that' system will be strictly digital only.
WongKN
WongKN

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by car o scope Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:53 am

Dei, me no money printing machine lah.. I think I have got the right turntable for myself already. tongue Just one thing which I think I am lazy to do is adjusting the belt between 33 and 45 rpm. On and off, I still confuse and use my CD player remote control to try to stop the turntable. drunken

Last edited by car o scope on Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:55 am; edited 1 time in total
car o scope
car o scope
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by cmboy Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:53 am

All talk about the TT rig only. Just as important is cartridge match to the tonearm, then comes the equally or more important component, being the PHONO STAGE. Budget price and based on simple stock opamp chip circuit is to me is uninspiring.

OTH, For the past few days, have been gauging the TT performance with a piece of thick pinewood platform base underneath, actually an IKEA IVAR shelf that cost RM30, and the results have been quite promising so far. Thing is my previous platform is a miserable half inch MDF that I've always felt doesn't quite do justice. Afterall this is just a cheap experiment.
cmboy
cmboy
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by elhefe Fri Sep 23, 2011 5:10 pm

A frustrating singapore trip today. Was all gungho to go to adelphi at 3 pm to and buy LP, but could not book taxi as they are fully booked for F1 tonite. I was then more worried on how to go to airport. Only by 445 pm i manage to get a taxi but it was too late to go to adelphi as my flight is at 7 pm.

No LPs this time Sad. Back to amcorp this sunday.

elhefe
elhefe

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by elhefe Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:40 am

Write up inspiration: Black Dog Bone -Si Gadis Ayu album - original pressing from 1978 EMI.

It has been 10 days since I bought the TT but this is only the 4th time I get to listen to it due to my work and family commitments. But nevertheless, the experience I am having now while writing this up is out of this world.

So, lets recap the magical day. It must have been the longest 2 days wait for this unit. For everyone's information, I usually will not buy a piece of equipment if a retailer does not have the unit in stock at the point of purchase. Especially if I am to part with a few thousand RM. But nevertheless, past experience with CMY loaning me speakers, cables, etc which cost more than this TT, I only have confidence in them.

But the wait to listen to the sweetness of TT in my own room was still painfull !!!!

So on Monday 19th Sep, I called the retailer late morning to inform him that if the unit is ready earlier than 8 pm, just give me a call as I was ready to leave work early that day hehehe.

But at the end, the unit was only ready by 6 pm due to the heavy rain early in the morning. The retailer waited for the rain to subside before tarnsferring the unit from DU to Sunway Giza.

Two thumbs up for CMY for being punctual. 8 pm - the retailer arrived at my house.

2 boxes came out of his trunk - one with the TT and one with the acryllic dust cover.

Another 2 thumbs up to the retailer for calling me before hand to suggest the Elixir cartridge cleaner. So, there you go. I went out to get the full basic requiement for TT heheheh.

Inventory check:

1. 1 x ClearAudio Concept TT = comes with the Allan key to replace the cartridge, 'level' gauge and various plugs
2. 1 x ClearAudio Dust Cover
3. 1 x Elixir cartridge cleaner
4. 1 x ClearAudio MC cartridge - yes I swapped the MM with an MC
5. 1 x ClearAudio Clamp (CMY brought 2 models - I opted for the heavier Quadro clamp massive SS after comparing the 2)
6. 1 x LP brush
7. 1 x anti static gun

NOTE: Please excuse some of the terms I use if its not the norm for TT lovers.

Out came the TT, belt, sub platter (???) and main platter (???). I can see that the retailer knows exactly what he is doing. Setting up the TT, he also explained to me the parts although as you can see,
I could not really pay attention as I was eager to listen to the LPs I have bought earlier.

Next came out the plug which I opted for the 3 pin plug. But before pluggin it into my PF50 Pure AV, the RCA was first connected to my NAD PP-3 phone pre amp. Yes, this unit somehow does not match the rest of my set up, hence it is actually now hiding behind one of the kit hehehehe.

Then the power kicked in and the retailer switched on the TT to 33 RPM. But then, he further built my anticipation by explaining on how to take care of LPs ...aaaarrrghhhh hehehehe. But thanks for the information.From how to take out the LPs for its sleeve and how to store them. I thought handling CD was delicate. Boy I was wrong.

Then came in the anti static gun. My 1.5 years old daughter was with us throughout the set up. She looked at the gun and wanted to play with it.

First went onto the TT was the brand new Metallica Ride The Lightning album on 45 RPM. Just applied the cleaning brush briefly as this is a brand new LP. So, how did it sound????

Lets recap some info of the TT first:

Built

This unit is actually quite heavy for a 'beginner's TT compared to Rega and ProJect. I particularly like the spike/stud underneath the unit. It made it really stable.
The tone arm however is very light to my shaky hands. I basically did not dare to take off the cartridge protector, let alone sliding the tone arm and dropping it onto the LP. I let the retailer do it for me.
My hands were too shaky hehehehe.

Power Supply

I was actually expecting a sturdier built for this price of TT but nevertheless, it also did not look like an RM10 adaptor. I just hope it will last long.

RCA

The RCA interconnect is built in together with the tone arm, so no way to change interconnects unless you change the tone arm.

Now back to sound....

My set up for the first experience is basicallY:

1. TT to NAD PP3 phone stage using the built in RCA
2. NAD PP3 to Musical Fidelity M6i amp using Cambridge Audio interconnects
3. M6i to ProAc D18 sepakers using QED Silver XT Signature cable

First song to kick in was Fade To Black. The first thing I notice is that I have to crank up the volume knob to at least 10 o'clock to get a decent sound.
The retailer mentioned that this is normal for TT. I grant that anything analogue seems to have a lower volume output. Same like my cassette deck.

But then, the guitar plucking at the beginning of the song did not give me that sensational feeling I was looking for. I had to put on the CD version of the track just to reconfirm this feeling.
True enough, at that point, I felt that CD gave me more sensational feeling. Getting a bit worried here.

So what went wrong? Where is that beautiful sweetness LP sound that I heard in CMY..both Sunway Giza and One Utama??

And then.....the retailer put on the first clamp (notice that above, I did not use any clamp). The first one is lighter (cant recall the model). But I can immediately hear the difference in the sound.

I guess the clamp does provide better levelness onto the LP spinning. Repeated Fade to Balck and this time the TT carried a heavier sound signature with the guitar plucks seems to be alive.

Sat through the whole song wit a smile on my face. And yes, you guess right. I then requested for the heavier Quadro clamp to be put on.

And things just got better. I basically forgot that the CD version is still playing on Repeat 1. Hehehehe.

With the Quadro, the whole song sounded more open, without loosing the grip on low ends and there was no sign of harshness on the high ends.

Ok, that is so called the audiophile grade of LP.

Lets go to the basic of 33 RPM LP.

Off with the Metallica and came in Guns N Roses Spaghetti Incident, courtesy of Mugenfoo generous offer to sell it to me. Its a Venezuelan pressing...rare indeed.

I cant stop smiling listening to the growling guitar of Slash on Since I Dont Have You before the drums kicked in. The sound of every tom and snare of the drums are echoed precisely to my ears liking.

Now, my ProAc can really sing with this TT. For this, I didnt bother to compare to the CD version as I know that the CD version will loose the battle.

Hmmmm... all good for the new LPs. How about the old one?

I bought the Black Dog Bone LP in Amcorp mall for RM41. Physically there was only one slight deep scratch, luckily only on the last track. I was actually worried that it can damage the cartridge but the retailer said that it should be ok.

This is when I was hit with the biggest confusion in my 15 over years hifi venture. This LP sounded so much alive compared to the new LPs I bought.

Literally, it gave me this feelings of being in the 70s and all I wanted was to put on a bell bottom jeans Smile. Sound exagerating right? But thats how I felt.

The raw but genuine guitar chords was simply amazing. And the sound of the drums which I think was set up hollow in the recording, gave me this feeling that the band really enjoyed making the album.

It was completely set up by 9 pm and I was another CMY's happy customer.

I only continued playing the TT at midnight after the kids are asleep. till 3 am hahahaha. And I was late for work the next day.

But then, the TT went on sleep mode from Tuesday night till tonight Monday night.

Back on Black Dog Bone and thats when I deciede to write this review.

But, its a different experience tonight.

What is the different????

I rested the ProAc D18....and listen to the TT using my newly acquired Musical Fidelity M1 HPA headphone amp, feeding music into my Grado Alessandro MS1 Pro.

But thats another review on its own.

NOTE: For all you TT lovers out there, try listening to your beloved TT via headphones. Its another whole new experience.

CONCLUSION

1. Easy to set up with plug and play approach

2. Suitable for beginners who would want a mid entry level TT

3. Well built, you will realise where your money is spent on - build and sound quality

4. Having a decent clamp can do wonders to the sound

Last edited by elhefe on Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:19 pm; edited 1 time in total

elhefe
elhefe

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by wingman Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:12 am

elhefe...

Been following this thread and its good to know that every penny spent is being reaped in pure musical elixir...bounce ...The Analog Way...

Would think the next phase would be getting a matching phonostage...but for the time the NAD should suffice....

Congrats and happy TT..ing...

cheers Very Happy
wingman
wingman
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 855
Registration date : 2009-08-10

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by elhefe Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:30 am

Yes Wingman. I believe this is just a beginning for me. The dark side is full of suprises.

A bettee matched phono stage is on order. I am contemplating between one that matches the amp or the one that matches the TT.

elhefe
elhefe

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by wingman Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:27 am

elhefe...

In regards to the Phonostage, there are two approaches....one the direct mode...just go get the one and only...for me its was the slower approach.....the Rega Mini, Rega Phono....the NAD PP2 and now the Cambridge Audio CA640P with dual mode - MM & MC. This is for keeps. The CA's Phonostage build quality and performance, was a swing factor for me go out an get a CA DAC.

Next in my "Phono Hit List"... is someting local in flavour and has these adjustable features ( gain/ loading ) ... "The Pipit". The Up Stream models do have these features but price wise its way beyond my league.

My answer to your question and it may differ... I would say something that matches to TT/ Stylus, mainly the stylus in your stable.

End of the day, get something that suits your taste bud and your budget.....everything else is secondary.

Happy Hunting...Very Happy

cheers Very Happy
wingman
wingman
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by JediSavant Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:12 am

Great impressions there elhefe, and I'm glad you're able to get back to some music.

Funnily enough I was doing some CD vs LP comparisons on Sunday night and was pleasantly surprised at the SQ differences on some familiar tunes. In general, I found LPs to be more comfortable and pleasant, more wholesome and rounded.

JediSavant
JediSavant
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by WongKN Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:43 pm

Aiyah SHIT, I was hoping you guys won't be so convinced by LPs and will continue to stick to digital. So now will have to contend with another crazy fellow fighting with me over the LPs come next KLAVS next year. I blame Mugenfoo for being too effective a poisoner..... lol!
WongKN
WongKN

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by bassraptor Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:11 pm

Ah, the lure .. a TT that one can just unpack and play!

Elhefe, who set up for you? Was it Michael?

bassraptor
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1237
Registration date : 2009-01-17

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

http://www.audiofi.net

Back to top Go down

Post by wylee Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:54 pm

Elhefe,

Places in Singapore for used and LP are as follows:

1. Red Point (used LP)- located in a warehouse called KAPO. nearest MRT station is Tai SeSeng on the yellow line. They are only open on weekends and public holidays.
2. House of turntables (used and new)at Bras Basah near the public library open until 6pm during weekdays
3. Few shops in Aldelphi, namely Disc Village, Simply Music, Roxy Music and Modular audio you can google them.

Hope this is helpful.

wylee

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2011-01-29

Character sheet
Source(s): Clearaudio Master Solution, Kuzma 4pt, Graham Phantom II, Benz Micro LP, Koetsu Black Goldline, Brinkmann Edison, Marantz SA11-S2
Amplification: ARC ref5Se, Electrocompaniet AW180
Speakers: Thiel 3.7 and SS2

Back to top Go down

Post by elhefe Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:06 pm

Bassraptor,

Hhehehe.I have the tendency of not mentioning name of retailer but this emoticon should answer your question. cheers cheers cheers

Yes. That another point lah about thic Concept...plug and play ....suitable for TT beginners.

WongKN,

I like being in the same SHITboat hahahaha. Dont worry, I dont think KLAV show will carry the oldies LPs that I want.

That Mugenfoo big time devil. See lah, after poison just keep quite and let the victim die slowly.

Jedisavant,

Thats why I am curious about new LP (especially 45 RPM ones) VS old LP quality. The clamp however did improve the experience.

Wingman,

Good to know Cambridge Audio offers a decent phonostage as well. Where did you purchase it? The trouble with phono stage now is to get one to demo at home. The one I am eyeing for will be available for home demo first but will only arrive mid Oct.

elhefe
elhefe

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by WongKN Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:35 pm

Elhefe,

Aiyah, you know how it was back in the HCOC days right ? Back then, he too likes to surface for a while, make some noise, then go back into hibernation again. Back then, usually if he keeps quiet, he was up to some evil, e.g. at one time he dissapeared, then when I saw him later, he says he changed the final drive and the fifth gear ratio on his gearbox. So this time, if he keeps to form, when he next shows up, he should have some terror things in his system la. Twisted Evil
WongKN
WongKN

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by wingman Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:44 pm

elhefe...

From...Perfect Hifi but there are many retailers carrying this product, also with varying selling price.

cheers Very Happy
wingman
wingman
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by cmboy Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:52 pm

I always shrudder with phono stages powered by wall wart, That wall wart!! but then again, price point, price point. Rolling Eyes

Itching to try out running my phono on a motorbike BATTERY but I've to mod the internals and disable the regulator circuit for battery input. Car battery just to fugly next to the hifi system.
cmboy
cmboy
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by elhefe Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:17 am

cmboy wrote:I always shrudder with phono stages powered by wall wart, That wall wart!! but then again, price point, price point. Rolling Eyes

Itching to try out running my phono on a motorbike BATTERY but I've to mod the internals and disable the regulator circuit for battery input. Car battery just to fugly next to the hifi system.

Salute !!!! Phono stage running on Battery.

elhefe
elhefe

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by JediSavant Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:16 am

The Holfi phono stages are brilliant and they all run on batteries....
JediSavant
JediSavant
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by elhefe Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:26 pm

What is the relation between a rice cooker and vinyl?

This is the story of a guy who was lost this morning.

Last week, our part time maid accidently damaged our rice cooker. Already 5 days did not have rice. Already going hungry now.

So I set off this morning with god intention to buy rice cooker in Sen Heng. And the nearest to my house is in KD. So managed to buy one using my Maybank treatpoints.

But then, while driving away to go ofis, had to pass Giza. Then I remembered that I have not paid for the Elixir and Quadro clamp. So stopped by Giza to pay for the item....only...

to come out of the shop with 3 new LPs and 3 new XRCDs....Laughing

Santana, Cliff Richard and Lady in Red OST on LP.

The Platters, Eva Cassidy and Aaron Neville on XRCDs.

Also.....saw a brand new LP cleaning machine....

Some more, play the Santana LP in the shop....

So the relation between rice cooker and LP ----> Make sure you buy rice cooker far away from kota Damansara.Very Happy

Ok now have to work....

elhefe
elhefe

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by zul Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:41 pm

Bro. elhefe,

I have been following your adventure or rather 'misadventure' into the dark side of the analogue world courtesy of some fellow audiophile samaritans. Your latest adventure on your rice cooker procurement was the icing on the cake! That got me really laughing my head out! You are such a funny story teller and good at that.

With MF (sic not Musical Fidelity) WKN and JS around to lure you deeper into their middle earth world; I pity you man!Laughing

I felt that I am to be blamed too as I highly recommended this site to you. Forgive this old man!Very Happy ..............but this adventure is soooooo good is it not? Let us lead you deeper into our lair!!!!

There is a good rice cooker shop in Amcorp Mall. Hint! Hint!
zul
zul
Club Member
Club Member

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2009-02-22

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by WongKN Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:44 pm

Actually Elhefe can run but there's nowhere to hide. Unless he shifts and goes to live in Timbuktu la. But then, he will still be around here in H4S. And there's always mail order..... Laughing
WongKN
WongKN

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by elhefe Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:06 am

JediSavant wrote:The Holfi phono stages are brilliant and they all run on batteries....

Yes another intriguing fact about TT. Even the ClearAudio PSU offers the option to add a rechargeable battery.

Now, why is battery powered is deemed better?

elhefe
elhefe

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by elhefe Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:10 am

zul wrote:Bro. elhefe,

I have been following your adventure or rather 'misadventure' into the dark side of the analogue world courtesy of some fellow audiophile samaritans. Your latest adventure on your rice cooker procurement was the icing on the cake! That got me really laughing my head out! You are such a funny story teller and good at that.

With MF (sic not Musical Fidelity) WKN and JS around to lure you deeper into their middle earth world; I pity you man!Laughing

I felt that I am to be blamed too as I highly recommended this site to you. Forgive this old man!Very Happy ..............but this adventure is soooooo good is it not? Let us lead you deeper into our lair!!!!

There is a good rice cooker shop in Amcorp Mall. Hint! Hint!

Bro zul,

Thanks for the compliment. I like to make my hifi journey as part of life. The good and sweet part of life that is.

Side ambition - want to a hifi journalist like bassraptor but then I realised I got F9 for English SPM, so have to cancel. Or maybe I can write in BM.

Lets try:

..... Dan kemudian muncul cahaya...dalam bentuk Audio Jelas meja terbalik ....hahahahah better not...

elhefe
elhefe

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by JediSavant Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:50 am

Batteries are in DC as opposed to AC from the wall... More stable...
JediSavant
JediSavant
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by elhefe Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:51 am

JediSavant wrote:Batteries are in DC as opposed to AC from the wall... More stable...

Yes but why specific to TT?

elhefe
elhefe

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next