Hi-Fi 4 Sale - Malaysia / Singapore Audio Forum & Marketplace | www.hifi4sale.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

440Hz.my - expanding musical horizons
Subscribe to our Feed
addtomyyahoo4 Subscribe with BloglinesAdd to netvibes
Add to Google

Marantz CD73 - tray mechanism

2 posters

Go down

Marantz CD73 - tray mechanism Empty Marantz CD73 - tray mechanism

Post by sanguine Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:05 pm

Need some help with an old Marantz CD73 i picked up. It is in working condition but have found two peculiar things about the machine and wondering if anyone can shed more light on the matter.

1. When it is not powered up and if you lift it and tilt the player forward i.e. tray towards the ground, the tray slides out. Its a heavy tray. Is this supposed to happen?

2. To insert a disk when powered on, the cd tray slides out and a mechanical puck is raised automatically. A disk is then inserted into the spindle of the tray and the mechanical puck pushed down onto the top of the spindle. It stays that way but when I press the close button, the puck raises itself as the tray is retreating into the deck. When this happens the tray stops closing and I have to push the puck down and it then closes.

The second scenario is the mechanical puck raises itself as the tray is closing. It hits the underside of the player deck as it retreats and this coupled with the momentum of the tray forces the puck down onto the spindle again and it closes.

Neither sounds correct. Is there a correct way to close the tray without the puck coming up? Do i use a finger to press the puck down as it closes?

Thanks.

sanguine
Club Member
Club Member

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2009-06-01

Back to top Go down

Marantz CD73 - tray mechanism Empty Re: Marantz CD73 - tray mechanism

Post by Bite Sat Jul 18, 2009 4:06 pm

Hi sanguine,

If i've understood your question, all you do is press "close". Dont press the clamp/puck down onto the spindle as you have been doing. Leave it up. Its automatic and the clamp/puck will come down onto the spindle as the tray retreats. Give it a try.

Cheers.

Bite
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 100
Registration date : 2009-03-13

Back to top Go down