Hi-Fi 4 Sale - Malaysia / Singapore Audio Forum & Marketplace | www.hifi4sale.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

440Hz.my - expanding musical horizons
Subscribe to our Feed
addtomyyahoo4 Subscribe with BloglinesAdd to netvibes
Add to Google

4 posters

Go down

Feedback: Rega Elicit integrated amp Empty Feedback: Rega Elicit integrated amp

Post by ryder Sun Jul 19, 2009 9:52 pm

I was just wondering whether anybody owns this integrated. I am interested to know the sonics of this amp and what speakers sound best with it. Any advice would be most appreciated.

ryder
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 747
Registration date : 2009-02-06

Back to top Go down

Feedback: Rega Elicit integrated amp Empty Re: Feedback: Rega Elicit integrated amp

Post by lavender Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:54 pm

Elicit+Paradigm Studio 60 V4 = Heaven

lavender
Regular
Regular

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2009-05-15

Back to top Go down

Feedback: Rega Elicit integrated amp Empty Re: Feedback: Rega Elicit integrated amp

Post by ryder Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:37 am

Do you own the Elicit?

ryder
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by lavender Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:41 am

I been listen to it few times before.
Sonic characteristic is warmth, tubey, analogue liked vocal.
PM me if you need further info.

lavender
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by BrAvO Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:03 am

Hi, Ryder,

How much is the Elicit Amp? I do not own it but a Rega Apollo CDP and my friend has a Rega Mira 3. Both of us did opened up the CDP & the Amp to see how it looks inside.... Question And the result is low quality products to us. For the price for HiFi so we are not complaining much lah...
BrAvO
BrAvO
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 451
Registration date : 2009-02-07

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by ryder Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:29 am

Lavender, thanks for the info. I have done some research and have read reviews on the Elicit in 6moons, toneaudio publications and What hifi, hence am quite familiar with the unit. I am just curious to know if anybody happens to own this fairly new amp that was launched late last year since the Elicit is the top-of-the-line integrated in the Rega line.

Hi bravo,
Retail by Asia Sound is RM9.8k negotiable. Does your Mira 3 look something like this?:-

I have read favourable comments on this Elicit and it seems to be quite a well-built unit. Some folks have put it in the ranks of the Naim XS and Supernait as good integrateds worth considering.

ryder
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by ryder Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:32 am

By the way, does the Mira 3 have the "Made in UK" or "Made in China" badge? If it has the "Made in UK" badge, is it fully designed and assembled in UK?

I am just particularly interested in the Elicit, whether it is fully designed and assembled in UK.

ryder
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by lavender Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:52 pm

Review is a reference only just like what you read Sam Telig about LFD.
Trust your ears and revisit the dealer to audition again, may be can ask your Guru friend to go along, and get some advice.

Rgs

lavender
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by BrAvO Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:11 pm

Ryder,

Why don't you try to call Perfect HiFi, Puchong branch to check the Audio Research Integrated amp out? It is a previous model & a demo unit, I think. It's selling close to the Elicit price. I personally do not think the Rega can go up to this price.... A good bargain for the AR, I am just out of budget only.

Both of the Apollo & Mira 3 are made in England as printed on the back cover, both with orange color board, of course the Mira does not have a big transformer as the Elicit & also good capacitors too.

No harm trying your luck in Perfect HiFi & give it a try. Better to call first as my friend came across this units 2-3 months ago.
BrAvO
BrAvO
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 451
Registration date : 2009-02-07

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by ryder Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:10 pm

Bravo,

I have owned the Audio Research LS16 and as good as ARC amps have proven to be, I am no longer going back to the brand. Setting up a good hifi system is all about matching the amp to the speaker since the speaker-amp interface is the most important. Although Harbeth speakers can match very well with many types of amplifiers out there compared to a few selective speakers, the performance will be elevated to another level with the right amp. I have checked with Gene Rubin Audio who is one of the renowned Harbeth distributors in the US and was told that most customers had chosen the LFD for their Harbeth, followed closely behind by the Rega Elicit. The Naim pre/power was a far distant behind followed by the Naim XS. The Rega Elicit has all desirable features that are missing in the LFD which include a remote control, HT bypass and preouts. These are useful for my application as my rig is integrated with Home Theater.

Yes, the dealer has confirmed that all Rega components inclusive of their lower models are made and assembled in UK.

If you like the Audio Research integrated just save some money and go for it. I have more or less made up my mind.

ryder
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by annshu88 Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:00 am

Im using Harbeth Super HL5 with Naim XS currently, CD player using Creek Destiny, satisfied with the sound currently, but i think still have change to go further with my next upgrade to Naim CD player and room treatment

annshu88
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 321
Registration date : 2009-01-20

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by lavender Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:38 pm

[quote][/quThe Rega Elicit has all desirable features that are missing in the LFD
which include a remote control, HT bypass and preouts. These are useful
for my application as my rig is integrated with Home Theater.
otI have more or less made up my mind.e]

Ryder,

I think you already decided to buy the Elicit from Asia Sound around 7.X k after the LFD defeated by QUAD. And one thing curiously that you didn't do the comparison between Elicit & QUAD in Tropical Audio as he had selling both products ?

Since you put so much time to look for an used LFD in Echoloft & here but called off, followed by looking for the QUAD 66 & 606. And now is the Gene Rubbin Audio...

lavender
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by ryder Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:01 pm

Lavender,

There is no need to do any comparison between the Rega Elicit and Quad as I have made my decision not to go with the Quad as it is not only obsolete but a very old model. I did consider it before but on 2nd thought I know I wouldn't be contented with it if I happen to settle for the Quad. As mentioned earlier in my post, there are many amps that will sound great with the Harbeth, not necessarily only the Quad, and I don't lose sleep over it. As always it depends on musical preferences as some like it smooth and liquid while some like it fast and dynamic. There are many Harbeth owners using various amps on them such as Sugden, Mcintosh and even Plinius(which in my opinion is not a good match while some others love it) and not only the LFD, Rega, Naim or the Quad.

The factor that led me to scratch out the Quad is due to age apart from lack of features. Other than that I cannot deny its quality and value for money. I can still settle for the LFD anytime, if not because of its slight exorbitant price. The Elicit was said to be very close sounding to the LFD and was endorsed by Gene Rubin and a few other folks who compared it with the Naim XS and Supernait. Coupled with extra features and lower price the added value comes as a no-brainer to me.

ryder
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by lavender Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:20 pm

Ryder,

My reason is you have a good chance to audition the Elicit with Harbeth SHL-5 at Sam's shop to justify Gene Rubin acclaimed, but you didn't, not because of the obsolete? old Quad you stress, just weird that how sacrifice you are to audition the Rega amp with Paradigm speakers in PJ, and how to justify the best match amp-speaker interface is important, without the real stuff that you emphasize....?

lavender
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by ryder Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:31 pm

Lavender,

I think my previous post is already quite clear cut, so I'll be more or less repeating what I've said earlier although I don't fully understand the message that you are trying to put forth.

Comments on the Rega Elicit were consistent across the board, not only with Gene Rubin but the Tone Audio publisher and few others, so I am positive this unit would be an excellent match to the Harbeth. Once I have made up my mind to make a purchase there is no more need for auditions. Simple as that. Yes, speaker-amp interface is most critical in obtaining the ideal sound that one craves for, and that was the reason I have chosen the Elicit based on careful considerations out of the many available alternatives which include the LFD, Naim XS and Krell KAV-400XI.

Just out of curiosity, are you attached to any audio dealers?

ryder
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by lavender Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:22 pm

You putting yourself to decide a matched system by trusting those review and audio agent but not your ears, that's your wish.

[quoI was just wondering whether anybody owns this integrated. I am
interested to know the sonics of this amp and what speakers sound best
with it. Any advice would be most appreciated.te][/quote]

That means you are not getting any info but seeking some same view to support what you decided before.

Btw, I am not a dealer that you suspect, and knowing those audio dealers are easier than audition any hifi system, all we need is time...

lavender
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by ryder Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:52 pm

Lavender,

As you have acknowledged, it is my wish and my money. I find your behaviour to be rather peculiar as you seem to have a knack of poking your nose into other people's business, as in my case after I have purchased the Elicit. Although you are not a dealer, you do sound like one from all the posts that have been made. Sometimes it is better to practice a little etiquette when posting comments in the forums. When someone has made a purchase you don't go around and tell him his decision may be a bad one. That is quite rude on your part and I seriously think has reflected badly on your true self, although you may disagree.

ryder
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by lavender Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:14 am

I like the way you telling the truth now Ryder. As i said before, if you trust the reviews and not your ears, you don't need any feedback from the forum here, after all this forum is open for everyone and not you only.
Regret that my guess had reveal your privacy. As i mentioned, all we need is time, it will tell the truth as well as our experience...

Good luck and have a good sleep
God bless

lavender
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by annshu88 Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:33 am

no worries guys, dun take it too seriously la. I have heard Rega Elicit, Quad and now i using a Naim XS but i do not have chance to listen to LFD. I choose Naim finally because it has chance to upgrade by using a PSU where by another 15%-20% improve, another thing is when matching with Naim CDP it will have a magic happen...
But if for individual amp and not consider the other factor, Quad and Rega sound more attractive.

annshu88
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 321
Registration date : 2009-01-20

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down