Hi-Fi 4 Sale - Malaysia / Singapore Audio Forum & Marketplace | www.hifi4sale.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

440Hz.my - expanding musical horizons
Subscribe to our Feed
addtomyyahoo4 Subscribe with BloglinesAdd to netvibes
Add to Google

VTL MB250 Signature monoblock power amps (Used) SOLD

4 posters

Go down

VTL MB250 Signature monoblock power amps (Used) SOLD Empty VTL MB250 Signature monoblock power amps (Used) SOLD

Post by sting Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:09 pm

VTL MB250 Signature monoblock power amps (Used) SOLD 32753610VTL MB250 Signature monoblock power amps (Used) SOLD 32761810

Selling these best of both world amplifiers (tube+control+power) 250wpc (switchable between Triode/Tetrode). Using 6550C power tubes and still have long hours to go. Condition 8/10 as there is no box but look at the pics!.

(retail price usd8k) and pls google the review for further info or you can read from local review version on my actual unit. Most equipments has been changed recently but VTL stayed.

012 - 332 92 44 / sting@myridzwan.com

Serious buyer only & low ballers I'm asking politely to stay away..no time wastingLadies & Gentlemen,You Are There!

VTL MB250 Signature monoblock power amps (Used) SOLD VtlTubes Galore!

Many systems easily gives the "they(the performers) are here, in the room" presentation, but just a few days ago, I experienced a system that represents that "you are there!"perspective. This is the story of such a system.

Sting(the system owner, not the English man in New York!), goes around the world as part of his job demands. He is an ardent fan of live concerts, not the stadium filling type mind you, but rather the intimate Jazz bar, or acoustic live type of performance. The type of concert that Hardrock Cafe best known for. These performing environment forms his point of audio reproduction reference. Sting's music diet consist of mostly live recordings of such performances and live studio recordings, of acoustic folk, pop/rock and blues musical genre mostly.

Listening to this system, one gets the feeling of being transported all the way to the event!, being part of the audience, smoke, beer and all the sensation of "being there!". The system re creates the "stage" literally to a very high degree convincingly. The air is not only between instruments, but also between the performers! As a certain hifi guru used to quote, "breathing the same air as the musicians" now makes so much sense to me. The sound stage is virtually 3D in presentation with almost life sized scale, when playing all these recorded live performances. One of my favorite live performances ever recorded is Eva Cassidy's Live at the Blues Alley, it's like I was there. With this type of presentation, all the usual audiophile sound description almost becomes meaningless. But this is an hifi blog, one with high end aspirations if I might add. So we'll still dissect the sound just a bit.

Tonality is warm, highs airy and smooth, but full of energy so important to the aspect of recreating the "live performances" so convincingly. The mids have body and density, not only have mouth, but chest and waist portrayed. The bass, though does not extend particularly low, does has enough heft, to still make bass guitars and kick drums, well, kick ass!

This is a system to immerse yourself in to the live event re created!

VTL MB250 Signature monoblock power amps (Used) SOLD CD Naim CD5 & Flatcap.

So what's the equipment list, you ask? Here goes, starting with a Naim CD5 supported by a Flatcap to power the analogue section of the player. A Naim DIN to RCA cable is used to send the signal to a DIY tube pre amp.

VTL MB250 Signature monoblock power amps (Used) SOLD CIMG1034DIY tube buffer design pre amp.

This pre amp is an interesting one, because it is a tube buffer by design, incorporating and step attenuator and selector switch. The buffer design nature means no gain and no feedback. In theory at least, it should sound as transparent as a passive pre, minus all the drawbacks usually associated with the passive unit. Built quality and parts are impressive, with a pair of Sylvania 6922 forming the heart of the pre amp, flanked by parts like 1% metal films resistors and 3% Mundorf Silver/Oil caps, to improve L/R channel matching tolerance. Eat your heart out! Musical Fidelity X-10D, which ever version!

VTL MB250 Signature monoblock power amps (Used) SOLD CIMG1045Inside pre amp, simplicity!

From the tube buffer pre amp, which solves the impedance matching issues between source and power amp, connected by Mogami Studio interconnects which is perhaps, the STAR of the system, a pair of VTL MB-250 Signature tube mono blocks. These are some of the sweetest sounding muscular amps around, having played with a pair before in my own system, I know their 250 quality watts very well.

VTL MB250 Signature monoblock power amps (Used) SOLD Tubes VTL MB-250 Signature.

The amplified signals are sent to a pair of Von Schweikert VR1 Reference mini monitors, which are mounted on top of half filled, four pillar stand. Speaker cable is vdH The Wind.

VTL MB250 Signature monoblock power amps (Used) SOLD VR1+reference+monitor Von Schweikert VR1 Reference, worth another look?

The music system's power is supplied via dedicated 45 amps power line especially installed for the job. Promitheus Balance Power Supply is used to condition before sending the juices to the CD player only. All oher equipments draw power direct from wall via, Wire World Tundra distributor. Various Harmonic Tech A/C series power cords are used to connect from distributor to all the various equipments.

VTL MB250 Signature monoblock power amps (Used) SOLD CIMG1025 Dedicated 45 amps power line for audio.

Various tuning methods are employed, from equipment isolation spikes to what seemed like tuning beaks, placed on the two front corners of the speakers. These are in fact, resonators in disguised. Sting would not tell me the source of the resonators, so I can't share that with our readers.

Room tune/treatment is taken care, by a variety of, guess what, shoe racks! I did not know about them prior to my visit, but Sting says he got inspired after reading about it from this blog! He used a total of 22 sets shoe racks, deployed in the front and side walls, plus ceiling corners, all double or quad layered. The back wall of the room, is lined with drapes. CD racks also lined the sidewalls for further deflection qualities.

VTL MB250 Signature monoblock power amps (Used) SOLD CIMG1028
Drapes and ceiling corner treatment for back wall.

Did I mentioned that Sting is also an avid photographer(the really nice looking ones are taken by him) and accomplished bass guitar player too?

It's alive....!

Well done, Sting!

Last edited by sting on Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:24 pm; edited 4 times in total
sting
sting
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 456
Registration date : 2009-01-19

Character sheet
Source(s): Sony Discman
Amplification: BmB karaoke amplifier
Speakers: Jalan Pasar diy speakers

http://sting-journey.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

VTL MB250 Signature monoblock power amps (Used) SOLD Empty Re: VTL MB250 Signature monoblock power amps (Used) SOLD

Post by musikaki Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:26 pm

How many hours/ years of use so far?

musikaki
Regular
Regular

Number of posts : 86
Registration date : 2009-03-10

Back to top Go down

VTL MB250 Signature monoblock power amps (Used) SOLD Empty Re: VTL MB250 Signature monoblock power amps (Used) SOLD

Post by kaihui1982 Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:12 pm

This is one of the most informative and interesting selling note I have ever seen. Good work Sting. I wish I could land my hand on your pair of monoblock. Let me dig into my bank book and see if i have the right amount before I start my haggling with you..

kaihui1982

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2009-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post by sting Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:31 pm

Musikaki, about 2 years but seldom used due to my nature of work.

Kaihui1982, thanks for your compliments!. I've to put those notes as many not familiar with VTL and the best thing the review was on the actual unit itself not from audioreview.com. The review was done by Panzer from desireableaudio.
sting
sting
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by csngam Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:24 pm

A real great set of monoblocks and a rare one to come along. Just want to say that Sting is a great guy to deal with. Many thanks for our anti cable deal. Best of luck on this one.

csngam

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2009-03-06

Back to top Go down

Post by sting Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:31 am

Thanks Mr Ngam.... Smile
sting
sting
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down